Aphex Twin is touring

rawaudioinput

19 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

The early years were absolutely horrendous, the first year they did it the queues at the bar were literally hours long, and then the next few years were equally shambolic, they have managed to sort themselves out over the years though so hopefully won't be too many issues. The last time I went was 2014 I think, no issues at all that time around.

I went last year to see Ride. Didn't notice any problems at all.

I gather it did rain this year though.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

The early years were absolutely horrendous, the first year they did it the queues at the bar were literally hours long, and then the next few years were equally shambolic, they have managed to sort themselves out over the years though so hopefully won't be too many issues. The last time I went was 2014 I think, no issues at all that time around.

Yeah, I never went to the early ones. Think the first one I went to was 2011 so any problems had settled down by then.

13 minutes ago, Homer said:

I gather it did rain this year though.

Ah, it was nothing really. They had to swap around the use of a couple of tents on the second day, but a minor issue that was well publicised .

1 hour ago, mjsell said:

Don't think I have ever knowingly heard anything from Aphex Twin. Where do I start?

Selected Ambient Works 85-92 and/or The Richard D. James Album are probably the best starting points. But I mean it's hard to say, because the same man responsible for this:

also did this:

Edited by Winslow Leach

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, your mother said:

Mate of mine who's pretty in the know generally says that apparently he wanted to play. They offered him the park but he wanted the other so it's not happening.

He's not too sure why but there you go.

If this is true, this is the most disturbing thing I've seen in relation to Aphex Twin. And there's a lot of disturbing things out there.

2 minutes ago, your mother said:

Other could've been all booked up I guess

I'm afraid I don't have much faith in the modern festival audience, I think it was the right call. Other would clear pretty quickly -  Aphex Twin is difficult stuff.  The Park is far more suited for such avant-garde music.  I could just about see it working at W Holts, but Park is better.  Other Stage?  No way.

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm afraid I don't have much faith in the modern festival audience, I think it was the right call. Other would clear pretty quickly -  Aphex Twin is difficult stuff.  The Park is far more suited for such avant-garde music.  I could just about see it working at W Holts, but Park is better.  Other Stage?  No way.

can't really argue with that although if FlyLo can headline West Holts then Aphex can

16 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Have to agree with my dual-titferred friend, here.

Other Stage? Aphex Twin ain't the Chemicals, folks...

Ben

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 4:14 PM, Mouseboy11 said:

Didn't he play the Temple last time? I'm sure he'll turn up in some form.

he played a DJ set in the Temple in 2015 (as DJ AFX) which I was there for. He also  DJ'd in The Spike (unannounced) the same year (I heard)