Refreshinator

Glasto peaches

1 hour ago, musky said:

Just out of curiosity, if anyone has the app would they be so kind as to open it up and visit this page and let us know what it says under 'User Agent'. Then visit the page in Safari and report what you see there.

As far as I know Refreshinator spoofs Safari, but I'm curious about how well it does that. Of course, even if the results are identical Refreshinator may throw up other artifacts that might identify its use.

Safari 
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 10_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/602.1.50 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.0 Mobile/14A456 Safari/602.1

App 
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 10_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/602.1.50 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/14A456

Charm x

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Charm said:

Safari 
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 10_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/602.1.50 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.0 Mobile/14A456 Safari/602.1

App 
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 10_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/602.1.50 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/14A456

Charm x

That is very, VERY interesting.

I'd read a post elsewhere that Refreshinator is spoofing Safari, but if it is trying to it's not doing a great job. There's no browser information in there. That would be a dead give away and very easy to block.

This just reinforces my thoughts on the app.

Edit: And thanks for going to the trouble of reporting your results Charm. :)

Edited by musky

2 hours ago, Joshuwarr said:

I used this for the resale this year. Absolutely useless. I got through but it pretty much crashed instantly.

Seriously, not worth it.

Could the crashing not be See blocking entry or is it just an unstable product?

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

I hope this doesn't sound bitter, but I hope anyone who uses this app is blocked from getting tickets. It's blatantly against the rules, unfair on others and not in the Glasto spirit at all.

Not sure about all this. What rules is it blatantly against? As to Glasto spirit, I didn't see anyone on this site complaining about the exposure of a back door entry system when it was posted on the site a few years ago. Don't get me wrong, I think everybody should have an equal chance, but with technology today the way it is and will be in the future, then this utopia isn't a realistic option.

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Not sure about all this. What rules is it blatantly against? As to Glasto spirit, I didn't see anyone on this site complaining about the exposure of a back door entry system when it was posted on the site a few years ago.

That's a fair point about the back-door entry from previous years, but that was taking advantage of an error. This app is blatantly against the terms found here, specifically: " Glastonbury Festival will cancel all bookings made using multi-hit software or applications to ensure everyone has a fair and equal chance of getting a ticket."

at the risk of fanning the flames I agree entirely with Kali.

Were this to work it would slow the site down so much that the people without the app wouldn't stand a chance in hell of getting through. Not to mention it not being in the spirit of things. I like feeling like I have achieved something when I get my ticket, like I have been through the mire so to speak, this would just hand it to you on a plate.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

That's a fair point about the back-door entry from previous years, but that was taking advantage of an error. This app is blatantly against the terms found here, specifically: " Glastonbury Festival will cancel all bookings made using multi-hit software or applications to ensure everyone has a fair and equal chance of getting a ticket."

Hello kalifire

Thanks for pointing the rules out as I wasn't aware of them. I haven't read all this thread as (a) I'm not going next year and (b) I wouldn't know how to download and operate this Refreshinator thing. However, and forgive me if this has already been answered, how can Glastonbury Festival (via SeeTickets) know if a multi-hit piece of software has been used or not? Even if they were to know and say about 50,000 people used the software then it would be a total quagmire to wade through cancelling the tickets and then putting them back up for sale. Surely this is an idle threat?

Don't get me wrong I'm all for a level playing field.

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It may well be an idle threat - the question is whether or not people are willing to risk it being followed up on.

I should imagine that a lot of people 'out there' wouldn't necessarily view the small print on the festivals website and would just run with the tool if they know about it ie they'd be oblivious to the risk. How would the festival / SeeTickets stop them from re-applying in any further sale anyway? I suppose they could develop a programme to stop the registration numbers from being used again in a further attempt at ticket purchase, but would they really go to such lengths? In addition to this if people like me have at least two registration references (don't ask me how I came to have two because I simply don't know) then they could use the second reference to have a bash at the tickets again should there be a further sale of the confiscated tickets. Unless the festival has thought of this too and would add these previously superflous references in to any programme to stop sales then many 'culprits' might get away with it.

It is a shame that this facility has appeared though. I understand that ticket touts have bespoke systems to bulk buy tickets for concerts etc (not Glastonbury though). I think that the genie is out of the lamp now and that they'll be no putting the bugger back in again.

41 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello kalifire

Thanks for pointing the rules out as I wasn't aware of them. I haven't read all this thread as (a) I'm not going next year and (b) I wouldn't know how to download and operate this Refreshinator thing. However, and forgive me if this has already been answered, how can Glastonbury Festival (via SeeTickets) know if a multi-hit piece of software has been used or not? Even if they were to know and say about 50,000 people used the software then it would be a total quagmire to wade through cancelling the tickets and then putting them back up for sale. Surely this is an idle threat?

Don't get me wrong I'm all for a level playing field.

as i understand, they will block IPs with unhuman requests

Glastonbury are in the business of selling tickets, obviously in an ideal world they don't want multi hit software slowing down the sale and potentially leading to them having to spend more on beefing up the tech they use to sell the tickets, so of course they want to discourage it. If 50k people use the software and get tickets, will they really honestly cancel the tickets? 

8 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Glastonbury are in the business of selling tickets, obviously in an ideal world they don't want multi hit software slowing down the sale and potentially leading to them having to spend more on beefing up the tech they use to sell the tickets, so of course they want to discourage it. If 50k people use the software and get tickets, will they really honestly cancel the tickets? 

Well they certainly wouldn't have an issue with reselling any cancelled tickets. 

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Well, they kind of morally would if people had more than one registration reference to use and they hadn't accommodated for this.

Yes I suppose there is that. I never thought of using more than one registration before, I didn't realise you could. 

Just now, cb4747 said:

Yes I suppose there is that. I never thought of using more than one registration before, I didn't realise you could. 

Yes, I have two registration references. I have no idea how that came about though, although it stands to reason that I must have applied for a second registration and got it, even though I already had an active one. I hesitated to mention this potential loophole in the system on here, but finally thought that it better out in the open than not.

2 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yes, I have two registration references. I have no idea how that came about though, although it stands to reason that I must have applied for a second registration and got it, even though I already had an active one. I hesitated to mention this potential loophole in the system on here, but finally thought that it better out in the open than not.

download.jpg

13 hours ago, Charm said:

Safari 

App 

Charm x

Charm, are you a professional software tester? I'm always very impressed in the detail and promptness of your responses!

Edited by stuartbert two hats
punctuation.

6 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I think a lot of people have more than one registration. I do too, I think because I wanted to update my photo a while back. (Well, I did - I deleted the old one the other day.) But this is a pretty well-known loophole and people are always asking if it's possible to buy tickets with both. The answer is often that you're not supposed to and GFL could invalidate both, but no one knows how they would do it. It's often raised as a possibility for getting coach tickets on Thursday, then getting coach tickets with another on Sunday and putting the former back in the pot. I think it's immoral but I don't know how they'd stop it. 

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

download.jpg

Not sure I get the reference. I thought it best to mention the loop hole because if they were to be made aware of it then GF Ltd could potentially close the loophole down. As for myself having two registrations it's purely down to incompetence on my part rather than a desire to gain any advantage (which it wouldn't have provided until this current situation arose).

Anyway, talking of Shame, have a listen to this classic folks;

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I think a lot of people have more than one registration. I do too, I think because I wanted to update my photo a while back. (Well, I did - I deleted the old one the other day.) But this is a pretty well-known loophole and people are always asking if it's possible to buy tickets with both. The answer is often that you're not supposed to and GFL could invalidate both, but no one knows how they would do it. It's often raised as a possibility for getting coach tickets on Thursday, then getting coach tickets with another on Sunday and putting the former back in the pot. I think it's immoral but I don't know how they'd stop it. 

Oh, I had thought there was no previous advantage to having two registrations. I was wrong - as per usual!

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Not sure I get the reference. I thought it best to mention the loop hole because if they were to be made aware of it then GF Ltd could potentially close the loophole down. As for myself having two registrations it's purely down to incompetence on my part rather than a desire to gain any advantage (which it wouldn't have provided until this current situation arose).

Anyway, talking of Shame, have a listen to this classic folks;

A tongue in cheek suggestion (I hesitate to use the word joke; Mrs Q can testify that most of my humour barely comes close to a joke) that having a dual registration was a shameful secret you've been harbouring Yog ;)

And yes, classic tune!

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Charm, are you a professional software tester, I'm always very impressed in the detail and promptness of your responses!

No, I'm actually a bookkeeper/massage therapist, I am the IT genius in my family though and always have to sort out everyone's computer issues.
Charm x