Refreshinator

Glasto peaches

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used this on a 4G connection without any intention of buying any tickets. Just to test it. And I'll be damned if I didn't hit the booking screen within about seven seconds. Now I'm in a huge dilemma for Sunday. It doesn't seem remotely fair, but it got me in. Perhaps the speed at which it got me in was too quick for See to realise, or perhaps if I booked they would cancel at a later date. Who knows. But it worked. 

Ugh. I kind of wish it didn't. 

4 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

So the advantage swings back in favour of those not using it, for anybody who didn't try and use it for the coach sale and  therefore use it in the main sale, could take themselves out of the game.

Exactly my thoughts. Lovely. Let's all give it 5 star reviews on the App Store!! 

10 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I used this on a 4G connection without any intention of buying any tickets. Just to test it. And I'll be damned if I didn't hit the booking screen within about seven seconds. Now I'm in a huge dilemma for Sunday. It doesn't seem remotely fair, but it got me in. Perhaps the speed at which it got me in was too quick for See to realise, or perhaps if I booked they would cancel at a later date. Who knows. But it worked. 

Or it was just pure chance...

15 minutes ago, kalifire said:

A couple of sales ago I tried the coach sale out of curiosity and literally got through straightaway, I haven't done it since but it's obviously not that easy on reality and of course nor is the main sale. So it could just be pure chance, but I do appreciate your quandary!

21 minutes ago, kalifire said:

What browser?  Reports that Chrome at least had the countdown working which would suggest the app would still function when checking for absence of text.

Firefox seemed to be static countdown which could therefore be just an image and the app would therefore be useless.

Have See blocked it in this way for Firefox as a test....and could do the same for all browsers on Sunday?

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

What browser?  Reports that Chrome at least had the countdown working which would suggest the app would still function when checking for absence of text.

Firefox seemed to be static countdown which could therefore be just an image and the app would therefore be useless.

Have See blocked it in this way for Firefox as a test....and could do the same for all browsers on Sunday?

I use Chrome and had no countdown though it did auto refresh.

13 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

11 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I use Chrome and had no countdown though it did auto refresh.

Ok....so now I am confused...... 

Rfreshinator what a load of old shite. Didn't work for us either but never mind because we got in the old fashioned way and scored coach tickets!  Very happy. Never been by coach before so will be following any coach related threads.  Refreshinator will be deleted and put down to experience. :rofl:

8 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

There's no way anyone would have had any luck with the Refreshinator. It wasn't picking up any of the words from the holding page. 

Did you visit the holding page first? I had the same problem but when I visited the holding page and tried it again from that, it worked without any issues. Not that I used it to buy tickets, but I could have done. 

I ran it past See again and they replied by asking whether I'd received a confirmation email. So perhaps they do look to cancel them after booking. When I told them it was a general question, they reverted to their standard line about 'anyone found using it will be blocked'. 

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Did you visit the holding page first? I had the same problem but when I visited the holding page and tried it again from that, it worked without any issues. Not that I used it to buy tickets, but I could have done. 

I ran it past See again and they replied by asking whether I'd received a confirmation email. So perhaps they do look to cancel them after booking. When I told them it was a general question, they reverted to their standard line about 'anyone found using it will be blocked'. 

Yeah I tried loading the holding page again (i.e. the one which said it was refreshing every 20 seconds). It didn't even find the word "Glastonbury" on the page...this seems to have been the experience of everyone else trying it too from what I've seen on this thread! 

Edited by arcade fireman

The only time it might work/have a use is at sell out time. If you're on the booking page but keep getting the 'no tickets available' message after entering your reg numbers, then it autorefreshing at that point might give you a minor advantage when the failed transactions are dropped back in and a few tickets go back on sale and there is seconds to react.

Edited by Keithy