Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I don't think he's going to be there, but he'd pull a big crowd for main stage sub if he did play.

Oh trust me, I'd love it to happen- I'd be at the front in fact, I just can't see it. I reckon, unfortunately, he's more of a Glastonbury/ RandL/ Bestival/ Wireless (at a push) kind of booking.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

have just found a mail from someone saying it's Mumfords headlining. No idea if it's true, tho.

Despite them both being totally different acts I can't imagine they've booked The 1975 and Mumfords in the same year, unless the third headliner is a totally out there booking that evens it out. Plus that seems like a big drop off for Mumfords who can still comfortably headline major fests for a few years before people stop giving a shit.

27 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Despite them both being totally different acts I can't imagine they've booked The 1975 and Mumfords in the same year, unless the third headliner is a totally out there booking that evens it out. Plus that seems like a big drop off for Mumfords who can still comfortably headline major fests for a few years before people stop giving a shit.

well, I now have a bit more info, and while i can't guarantee it, I don't think i'm being shitted about Mumfords.

If it's right, it's a big booking for Latitude.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

well, I now have a bit more info, and while i can't guarantee it, I don't think i'm being shitted about Mumfords.

If it's right, it's a big booking for Latitude.

I'm assuming not what most Latitude regulars want as a headliner so will be interesting to see how that goes down, especially if The 1975 are another. Not sure if this signals the slow descent of Mumfords or if it's just a huge booking for the festival, or even just Mumfords taking what they can get on the arse end of this tour (is it the same tour or will this be for a new album!?) I guess they've played near enough everywhere else over the last couple of years so maybe they just took what they could get.

Edited by FloorFiller

i'm not sure about it being a booking that most latitude regulars don't want. when you look at the replies to their facebook and twitter pages the regularly requested artists are a lot more mainstream for want of a better word than the ones requested on here and the latitude forum. 

unfortunately i think the 1975, mumfords et al will be very popular but will potentially alienate a certain aspect of latitude's audience such as us lot!

hopefully they've thought this through and got some belting 6music headliners in order to please everyone. throw in 3 critically acclaimed acts in there, including probably at least one older act and i think a lot more people will be happier.

Edited by mercury

1 minute ago, mercury said:

i'm not sure about it being a booking that most latitude regulars don't want. when you look at the replies to their facebook and twitter pages the regularly requested artists are a lot more mainstream for want of a better word than the ones requested on here and the latitude forum. 

unfortunately i think the 1975, mumfords et al will be very popular but will potentially alienate a certain aspect of latitude's audience such as us lot!

hopefully they've thought this through and got some belting 6music headliners in order to please everyone. throw in 3 critically acclaimed acts in there, including probably at least one older act and i think a lot more people will be happier.

Yeah I'm probably assuming most Latitude goers are like the regulars on these forums whereas that's almost definitely not the case. I'm sure the third headliner will be a bit less mainstream to keep those folks happy, along with the 6music headliners.

I would hope that we see some better bands playing than what I think can be presumed to be the headliners (Mumford, 1975, Lana). I'd happily take the Flaming Lips, Bonobo and literally anyone else rather than having to listen to Mumford in the 6 Music stage and Brian Wilson as the afternoon slot as compensation!

EDIT: Saying that Bonobo seems to be at Benicassim and Melt so maybe three days in three different countries might be a bit of a stretch.

Edited by aidenlangan95

21 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Mumford, 1975, Lana

Can't see it being that trio - surely all too modern. Not to say it can't happen, but has there been a Latitude that hasn't had at least one older headliner? (If we include Damon Albarn as being in that category). Thought Lana was almost definitely gonna do this but if those other two headliners are happening I'd expect the third to be something to keep the older attendees happy.

If Mumford are headlining I would be seriously shocked. Considering they've headlined Glasto and R+L already, Latitude is quite a step down, at least in capacity terms. The only way I could see it happening is if they played with Baaba Maal, the African singer that toured with them last year. But a straight-up headline set is something I can't wrap my head around for a band of their size who could sell out Hyde Park.

Latitude must clearly be trying to make extra use of that capacity increase!

I dont know if its a get for Latitude or a step down for M+S

I thought they would wait a few more years before their decline

To be fair, I am just not a fan of theirs and totally forgot they headlined Glasto and R+L. If its 1975 and M+S then they better have a Massive Attack or something like that up their sleeves. Ill be at stage 6 anyway.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Can't see it being that trio - surely all too modern. Not to say it can't happen, but has there been a Latitude that hasn't had at least one older headliner? (If we include Damon Albarn as being in that category). Thought Lana was almost definitely gonna do this but if those other two headliners are happening I'd expect the third to be something to keep the older attendees happy.

I agree that it's unlikely to be Lana knowing the other two are probably doing it, but I have no idea who the 3rd would be. Hence, I thought it was logical to guess Lana was the 3rd as I think she's the only person with any info about possibly playing.