NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all. FF that's rubbish! Hope you feel better soon... At least you're getting it out of the way for your holiday! Try not to worry about Tickets, the NFR crew will do their best to help you out. I'm hoping for coach so I'll certainly help people out 'if I get coach!!' And I have a lot of non glastonbury goers who are on hand to help on Tday too. Rest up matey. 

Dotty I have had nothing but Tday dreams, waking up in horror every morning. I'm taking this as a good sign as dreams often mean the opposite... Am I right?? Please say yes haha!

Quark, loving the picture! Where on earth did you find that? Very apt. 

Jeffie you made me giggle! Good one! 

Mr G, try to have fun in that there London. Safe travels

Got to love google images CG :)

Sorry you've had a rough week FF, fingers crossed for a better one next week!

Off to Brighton Komedia for some standup tonight for a work do, first social with the new company so should be a giggle.  Got to pick up Mrs Q from the airport first so desperately hoping I don't have to walk in mid-set and get a barrage of abuse from the stage!  May also take the chance to pick up my ticket for Chainska Brassika while I'm there as well :ninja:

Nice weekend at home with no plans, looking forward to getting some odd jobs done. Happy weekends all round my lovelies

10 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I'm scared about my flight tomorrow!!! It's only an hour but I am not a fan of flying! I'm hoping a large gin while I pack this evening will help! 

I may not be able to pop in while I'm away, so hope everyone has a lovely week and I shall catch up on my return :) 

xxx

Have a lovely time Lucy, where are you off to?

Remember, airport breakfast and a gin fixes all flight related problems.  I also recommend extra strong mints or a decent boiled sweet to stop ears popping at take off / landing.  Most of my solutions involve either food or drink, or both :)

56 minutes ago, Quark said:

Have a lovely time Lucy, where are you off to?

Remember, airport breakfast and a gin fixes all flight related problems.  I also recommend extra strong mints or a decent boiled sweet to stop ears popping at take off / landing.  Most of my solutions involve either food or drink, or both :)

Skye!! A looong way!! 

Thank you, I will stock up on said items :) 

Funky, I hope you're on the mend after your food poisoning and your cold is letting up a little. Being ill is rubbish! 

Try not to worry too much about T day @noplacelikehome this year will be easy for all of us im sure...:unsure: I bloody well hope it is anyway, I've been unsuccessful for the last 3 years running in getting a ticket in either the main sale or the resale. I only got to go this year after a very kindly efester managed to sort me out in the resale. The way I see it my luck has to change sometime.:)

Have a great night at Komedia quark, I love a good stand up night but my nearest decent club is 70 miles away in Manchester. I have to rely on the odd gig at the local arts centre to get my fix.

Try not to fret about the flight Lucy, by the time you get up there it will be time to descend again, I'm sure you'll have a lovely trip. Safe travels.

Enjoy the weekend y'all.

Shaun.

How hard can it be to replace your bath plughole......very it seems!!

Spent all afternoon cursing and hitting my fingers with a hammer....don't ask why I resorted to using a hammer, long story.

The only thing that got me through this ordeal was listening to some Sigur Ros and Tame Impala and reminiscing the farm, whilst creating a bomb site in my bathroom :D

Lets hope Tday is easier than this.

Happy Saturday one and all :bye:

ok so wish me luck ..speech now done after draft number 8....suit sorted....all paid for [ i hope ] cars ready at 2.30.........im shitting it ........my lovely daughter is getting married tomo at 3 ....agggggggggg im not good with people [ beans ] [ humanbeans ] but im very proud .

please pray to sun gods as that wot top the topping lol G

2 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

ok so wish me luck ..speech now done after draft number 8....suit sorted....all paid for [ i hope ] cars ready at 2.30.........im shitting it ........my lovely daughter is getting married tomo at 3 ....agggggggggg im not good with people [ beans ] [ humanbeans ] but im very proud .

Good luck Guy,  all will be well.  The main thing is that your daughter ends the day married, and that you are there for her.

@lucyginger hope your flight went ok and you're now safely on beautiful Skye and the week isn't too Manchester or midgey. @Funkyfairy! hope you're feeling better now,  that you're no longer so fucked off @Yoghurt on a Stick,  and that your plughole is now sorted with minimal damage to your fingers (!) @DaveyGee.  Tame Impala will certainly ease that pain.

Not been around much recently as life keeps getting in the way.  Eldest goes to uni in 6 days (ulp) and I'm nowhere near ready, either practically or emotionally.  Youngest has started home tuition again and is (sort of) getting his head round the idea that he has to put the work in to get the grades to be able to go back to school for A levels.  How we get him physically back in the building is a much harder problem to solve...

Have so enjoyed watching the Paralympics and am constantly asking 'how the hell do they do that?!'  Also really loved The Last Leg being on every night since the games began.  For those of you who haven't seen it,  this clip of Alex Brooker talking about his hero Alex Zanardi will make you cry:

Afternoon all. A bit Manchester over here today. Feels like the air is crisper and that winter is upon us. 

Shame our summer never started. My summary of this summer can be summed up in one word.  Moist. 

Gonna make Sunday roast shortly and do some Yorkie puds. Have a lovely Sunday. 

1 hour ago, H.M.V said:

Afternoon all. A bit Manchester over here today. Feels like the air is crisper and that winter is upon us. 

Shame our summer never started. My summary of this summer can be summed up in one word.  Moist. 

Gonna make Sunday roast shortly and do some Yorkie puds. Have a lovely Sunday. 

Ironically enough, it's been a pretty good summer in Manchester itself.

On 17/09/2016 at 7:18 PM, H.M.V said:

Whats up Yoggy??

Hello H.M.V.

No worries. Life and 'things' just got the better of me there for a while. Just need to sort some things out is all. However, in order to do so it means having to be sensible, which was / is never one of my strong points. Hope you are well, over the water. Yog :)

14 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

And so it begins! Got my Glastonbury ticket sale reminder email! 

Ditto.  Time for the collywobbles.  The only positive is that I've already got tickets for Benicassim next year, so at least I'll have something lined up if T-Day goes tits up. But it won't help if it does.

Anyway, happy Monday mofos x

20 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello H.M.V.

No worries. Life and 'things' just got the better of me there for a while. Just need to sort some things out is all. However, in order to do so it means having to be sensible, which was / is never one of my strong points. Hope you are well, over the water. Yog :)

Being sensible is massively overrated in my opinion, Yog, but unfortunately it seems to be a necessary evil at times. Hope things are picking up for you. 

16 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Cheers mr gumby. Right now that's greatly appreciated. :)

Have the proverbial virtual hug / fistbump / pint of choice Yog :friends:

Working at home today so a chance to get an element of control and a bit of sanity around my worklist.  Plus I get to work with a cat on my lap, drink gallons of tea and stream music without headphones.  Happy days.

Pleasant start to the morning with Alex Cornish

On 9/17/2016 at 10:41 PM, guypjfreak said:

Didn't get on over the weekend Guy old son, hope the wedding went well!

Hello NFR lovelies!

Another of my, now customary, apologies for being so dreadfully absent from these fine pages. As many of you know, I am a bit of a creature of habit, and after 'my festival' feel a need to get back to normal life a bit, after my 6+ months of total obsession. Unfortunately, for someone of my OCD tendencies, that contact is a binary all or nothing - in short, I tend to bugger off completely. And there I shall remain, pretty much, until such time that the wonderful ticket gods deem to shine on me once more and make me the happiest boy in the world, by virtue of a GF2017 golden ticket.

Apologies too, therefore, for not being up to speed with everyone's news, happiness, travails and the like. I hope you're all well, with negligible sadness of any kind all 'round!

Just thought I'd pop in to say a brief 'Hi' and to let you know that (for those who were so kind to offer advice last year) Sunday saw Mrs Benny and me deposit the not-always-delightful Child 1 at the London School of Economics to start his university life. I was proud, I was tearful, he was quite a bit lovely.

Anyway, just to confirm that those of you (all of you, basically) who had been in the 'it'll all be alright in the end...' camp were, maddeningly, entirely correct of course!

Love to everyone, and massive positive thoughts for T Day. NFR and, more importantly, NFC.

Ben
xx