NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

22 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I found that too, with the old drone. Ah, the good old days! 

(ok, only a few years ago, but you know)

Memory going? You sure you're going towards 40, or away??

I'm working from home today. At least I think it's my home. There's middle aged memory for you.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, carlosj said:

Memory going? You sure you're going towards 40, or away??

I'm working from home today. At least I think it's my home. There's middle aged memory for you.

Depends which way you look at it I suppose. 

I'm scared because I am flying on Saturday and I do not like flying. On the other hand, we are having airport brekkie and a pint at 8am, so it's not all bad! 

On 13 September 2016 at 9:21 PM, carlosj said:

We're having the loft converted. What's that Burt Bacharach song from Butch Cassidy? That. I really want NFR, and I'm not prepared to compromise. We now have 7 buckets strategically placed around the bedrooms.

I actually don't know anyone that owns 7 buckets. I have one, plus a washing up bowl, and several large pans. 

Hope it's now waterproof and dry up there!

On 14 September 2016 at 1:14 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

On the up side of things I picked up a load of broken electrical appliances this morning and a stack of electrical leads yesterday evening free off two people who had advertised the stuff for free on Gumtree. I'm going to make me a full sized cyborg. I already have the mannequin to use as a sub base.

That sounds pretty damn awesome. You are very clever Yog!! 

I concur with LucyG, if you can get by on your wife's shop, I wouldn't be in a rush to re join the rat race in a job you don't love. You have the time to find something somewhere that would appreciate your talents. Good luck x 

5 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

That sounds pretty damn awesome. You are very clever Yog!! 

I concur with LucyG, if you can get by on your wife's shop, I wouldn't be in a rush to re join the rat race in a job you don't love. You have the time to find something somewhere that would appreciate your talents. Good luck x 

When I was going through the mill earlier it was my brother (I think) who asked me about finding a job that would fit with what I was good at and would enjoy doing.

Unfortunately jobs where I get paid for sitting on a sofa in my pants watching re-runs of Futurama and planning my Deezer playlists appear to be in short supply :)

1 minute ago, Quark said:

When I was going through the mill earlier it was my brother (I think) who asked me about finding a job that would fit with what I was good at and would enjoy doing.

Unfortunately jobs where I get paid for sitting on a sofa in my pants watching re-runs of Futurama and planning my Deezer playlists appear to be in short supply :)

Agreed Quark. I'm lucky in that I enjoy my job but if I was ever to leave it, I'd struggle with what else to do! I think I'd quite like to be a postie, except I don't like getting out of bed. But being a postie sounds alright! 

6 hours ago, lucyginger said:

I found that too, with the old drone. Ah, the good old days! 

(ok, only a few years ago, but you know)

A young lad came in to my wife's shop about two months ago looking to see if she had a book case for sale. Within 5 minutes of them meeting I get a call from her saying that this lad can get us any amount of the drone we like. So we bought £400 worth and had fun like the old times. Then it turns out that people in the shops adjacent to my wife's also supply goodies (although of a different nature). We had actually been dry for about a week there a couple of months ago and were thinking of going straight. Like Oscar Wile said ' I can resist anything except temptation'.

2 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I actually don't know anyone that owns 7 buckets. I have one, plus a washing up bowl, and several large pans. 

Hope it's now waterproof and dry up there!

I'm really not sure where to start when discussing you and your bucket, CG. So many possible Finbarrs! ;) 

3 hours ago, Quark said:

You were looking for a job where you get out of bed? I think that must be where I'm going wrong.

*turns over and adjusts the pillow*

7 hours ago, Quark said:

Afternoon all.  Welcome back Shaun, how long you back for before they send you off again?

Good call on airport breakfast and a pint Lucy, definitely the way forward!

In other news it's still bloody warm here.  Hail the sun gods! :sungum:

Thanks Quark, not entirely sure how long I'm back for this time as I'm taking a little extra time off to get moved back in to our house. It's been just over 9 months since we got flooded but today we got our carpets laid and all being well we should hopefully be back in next weekend... Also hoping to get a week away somewhere in October so all being well I should be off work now until the end of next month.

In other news, it seems to have been summer in the Lake District over the last couple of days, I've even managed to find time to put my tent up to air as it's been sat in my garage where I dumped it after getting home from Glasto! Now I really must knock that mud off my wellies...

5 hours ago, lucyginger said:

hello! Hi MJ, nice to see you :) 

Yep airport brekkie and pint (or gin!) will help! I'll be less nervous once we're actually AT the airport! 

Warm here too, but gone a bit grey. Looks a bit Manchester for hols next week too, waterproofs at the ready! 

Thanks Lucy, should hopefully be around a bit more now. Enjoy your trip.:)

16 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

A young lad came in to my wife's shop about two months ago looking to see if she had a book case for sale. Within 5 minutes of them meeting I get a call from her saying that this lad can get us any amount of the drone we like. So we bought £400 worth and had fun like the old times. Then it turns out that people in the shops adjacent to my wife's also supply goodies (although of a different nature). We had actually been dry for about a week there a couple of months ago and were thinking of going straight. Like Oscar Wile said ' I can resist anything except temptation'.

One of my favourite quotes :)

Afternoon all

Been a mad week so not been on here much at all - part from to  have a mini meltdown over t day !

Been to a Wednesday wedding, had food poisining (not at the wedding and totally unrelated), not got a stinking cold, and I'm never flippin ill - all come at once

Roll on the weekend and chill time

FFxx

Hello all - sounds like a pretty rubbish week FF  - have some gin and a relaxing weekend.  Lovely and sunny up in the north west and hopefully staying that way over the weekend, hope you all have good things planned, another week over and T day getting nearer - not had a dream about it yet but sure that will come soon.  I really feel that we are going to miss out this year for some reason - it would be our 10th and with the fallow in 2018 I am not sure I could cope with 2 years off.

Art'noon all.

Been a bit busy here over the last few days, what with gymnastics, brownies, guides.

But the coppers have told me not to hang around outside anymore or there will be consequences.

Hope everything is going well for everyone.  

It's not that sunny in my part of the North - arguable if it's West or not.

1 minute ago, mr gumby said:

Hi everyone. 

On the A303, en route to London for the weekend. Bleurgh!

Wish me luck!

Ah, that London.

"Up the old apples and pears muckers, Ave it large"