NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all - good to see you back Jeffie! Nothing much to report - fab day out with the little dotty boys at Southport airshow on Saturday, came home with various plastic weaponry and military items. Also found out my sis can't make Glastonbury again next year for a number of reasons which is bad news as whenever she comes it is sunny, when she doesn't (like this year), well, you know what happened there...  Means we have to up our game to get the sun gods to bless us in 2017.

Good to see efests getting a bit busier again too as we get close to T day, Have a good day everyone

16 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Nice to have the date, we can get off at the other weekends now. Sunny day in Leeds, spent inside on a course though. Still, almost the weekend eh?

Nowhere near close enough Carlos, in serious danger of faceplanting into my keyboard at some point this afternoon!

I am totally and utterly gutted, Will be on holiday and I think Physically on a place on ticket day/hour :-(. There's 4 of us, and one is useless on a PC - between the other 3 of us we have been quite lucky - that 3 is now down to 1 person trying .... I booked the holiday not going on the weekend of the 2nd deliberately around what when we thought t day would be (the evidence with backing towards the 2nd with the run on the 9th) = so I'm totally crestfallen :-(

Just now, Funkyfairy! said:

I am totally and utterly gutted, Will be on holiday and I think Physically on a place on ticket day/hour :-(. There's 4 of us, and one is useless on a PC - between the other 3 of us we have been quite lucky - that 3 is now down to 1 person trying .... I booked the holiday not going on the weekend of the 2nd deliberately around what when we thought t day would be (the evidence with backing towards the 2nd with the run on the 9th) = so I'm totally crestfallen :-(

One of Jeffie's friends got her tickets from abroad, on her phone. Are you going to be connected?

6 minutes ago, carlosj said:

One of Jeffie's friends got her tickets from abroad, on her phone. Are you going to be connected?

I'll be in Bali (just ) - have emailed bro to see where the best internet connection is / PC's etc - and will be lined up at 4pm if need be. I just know at home we have the banks of PC's/laptops etc and everything all lined up to give the best possible luck .... feeling deflated already - the chances just seem to have just slipped even further :-(

10 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I'm sure the NFR crew will do their best to make sure we all get tickets, just like last year :) 

13 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I'll be in Bali (just ) - have emailed bro to see where the best internet connection is / PC's etc - and will be lined up at 4pm if need be. I just know at home we have the banks of PC's/laptops etc and everything all lined up to give the best possible luck .... feeling deflated already - the chances just seem to have just slipped even further :-(

I've just been reading that there's a proposal under a new law to ban alcohol in Bali. The proposal is to ban production, sale and consumption of alcohol. If it goes through I'd say it will decimate the tourist industry there. Why go to a place with an alcohol ban when there are other exotic and interesting places to go to instead?

48 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've just been reading that there's a proposal under a new law to ban alcohol in Bali. The proposal is to ban production, sale and consumption of alcohol. If it goes through I'd say it will decimate the tourist industry there. Why go to a place with an alcohol ban when there are other exotic and interesting places to go to instead?

Just be my luck that it gets passed and implemented on the 9th so I cannot even drown my sorrows ! Yeah thats a strange law to pass when tourism is so massive. Wow I'll have to read up - My brother wouldn;t last 5 mins there with an alcohol ban !

17 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Just be my luck that it gets passed and implemented on the 9th so I cannot even drown my sorrows ! Yeah thats a strange law to pass when tourism is so massive. Wow I'll have to read up - My brother wouldn;t last 5 mins there with an alcohol ban !

Can he get patches, like for cigarettes?

We can only try to please the Ticket Gods and F5 like loons (as usual).

FF maybe there'll be a internet cafe at the airport?  Could just see your faces if you and yours walked in, said "we need these 12 PCs"....

Lovely day up North, long may it continue.

Eek wasn't able to come on yesterday due to meetings but Mr  dotty sent me a link re ticket date and when I clicked on the page I felt physically sick.  Good news for me that it is on 9th as I will now be at home but sorry to hear your woes FF we will definitely try for all those who need help.

It's all good.

As a complete aside I've been working from home more recently, so as well as streaming I've taken the opportunity to trawl through my CD binders that have been left largely ignored for a good few years now.  Turned up a gem I;d completely forgotten about this afternoon - an album of Ladysmith Black Mambazo remixed with beats and effects to make a chillout album.  Wonderfully weird :)

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

It's all good.

As a complete aside I've been working from home more recently, so as well as streaming I've taken the opportunity to trawl through my CD binders that have been left largely ignored for a good few years now.  Turned up a gem I;d completely forgotten about this afternoon - an album of Ladysmith Black Mambazo remixed with beats and effects to make a chillout album.  Wonderfully weird :)

What's the album called?

25 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Afternoon all :)

What happened to the heat wave we were supposed to be getting, then? Mrs gumby and I planned a nice walk in the countryside followed by a pub lunch for our anniversary, and we've had bleedin' thu*der st*rms!! 

we had the deluge yesterday, today has been unexpectedly pleasant, with, dare i say it, a slight autumnal bent to proceedings.