NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Morning all! 

Dizzy, hope the sertraline settles in soon, I have taken anti d's before and they can really help. In my experience, Sertraline are definitely one of the better ones. Here if you want to chat, just PM :) 

CG I also want to not be fat at 40! Unfortunately I am very lazy! However I did got to an "old skool" rave night in town at the weekend and danced for about 4 hours solid!!!! It was brilliant! 

25 yrs since Ten was released?! Blimey. I need a lie down. 

Thanks Lucy, that's really kind of you.

@Curlygirl I wasn't fat at 40, I was pregnant.  Definitely not fat.  Although my food intake did consist almost entirely of cream cakes...

Eldest has returned from Reading, surprisingly fragrant (knew those extra wipes I insisted he take would come in useful),  and hardly feral at all.  Unlike his friend who, rather worryingly,  is going to study medicine.  The people camped next to him played dubstep all night and were a little.. spaced.  People kept shouting 'Karen' at one of the girls - turned out it was her from 'Outnumbered',  who apparently doesn't take drugs at all.

11 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Quark you dug yourself a hole there haha! Well spotted Scruff!

Ankle is a lot better already... I don't cry when I walk now. I refuse to be a shoulder shrugging limper though! 

I know, I know!  Think I've taken your place on the sideline though; at training last night someone very kindly decided to do a full tip tackle and drop me on my shoulder (it was either take the impact there or land on my head) so my shoulder is screwed at the moment :(

Going to be a good few weeks rehab on this one I think...

Crazy here too .... @lucyginger. Last festival of the season this weekend - Jersey Live, then its the scary countdown to T day - worried is an underestimation right now !

Keep smiling everyone and hope the aches and pains are too bad.  @Quark shoulders are horrible healers - didn;t realise that until march when I stacked it skiing and still having physio now ggrrrrr . Hope yours heals well

@Curlygirl hope the ankle is healing

33 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Maybe not what?! Have you gone quite mad? ;) 

Or am I missing something? The latter is more likely.... 

Morning Lucy, morning everyone. 

I suspect the former is actually more likely. I just made a comment that was supposed to be a joke, then thought better of it because I couldn't decide if it was funny-cheeky, or bordering on rude-cheeky. My judgment on such things seems to be a little off-kilter recently. 

Anyway, coach T-day is this month (probably), anyone needing help in the coach sale?

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

Morning Lucy, morning everyone. 

I suspect the former is actually more likely. I just made a comment that was supposed to be a joke, then thought better of it because I couldn't decide if it was funny-cheeky, or bordering on rude-cheeky. My judgment on such things seems to be a little off-kilter recently. 

Anyway, coach T-day is this month (probably), anyone needing help in the coach sale?

Ah now.  That's an interesting question Gumby, and gives free rein to my inherent suspicion and cynicism (it's what I'm paid for, don't blame me) :)

Cutting a long question short, how did / do you guys get around the trust issue on a web forum where you may or may not have ever actually met the people you're giving £50 to?!  I would both love help and love to help, but I just can't quite make my brain deal with it! :banghead:

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ah now.  That's an interesting question Gumby, and gives free rein to my inherent suspicion and cynicism (it's what I'm paid for, don't blame me) :)

Cutting a long question short, how did / do you guys get around the trust issue on a web forum where you may or may not have ever actually met the people you're giving £50 to?!  I would both love help and love to help, but I just can't quite make my brain deal with it! :banghead:

Because it's efests and we're generally a nice bunch? :) 

I've always been involved with our camping group at ticket time and not efests groups, it just gets too confusing! However I am willing to help if I can, but i would say just be sensible and go with your gut! If it's a regular, they're probably ok. If it's someone who just joins in to get help with tickets, then not so much! 

4 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Because it's efests and we're generally a nice bunch? :) 

I've always been involved with our camping group at ticket time and not efests groups, it just gets too confusing! However I am willing to help if I can, but i would say just be sensible and go with your gut! If it's a regular, they're probably ok. If it's someone who just joins in to get help with tickets, then not so much! 

Well obviously that goes without saying Lucy :)

I can get my head around the regulars on here, mainly because I know that you've all met up before and, based on wearing furry jackets and ZZ Top beards, you should be fairly easy to find!

Trust has to start somewhere.  I can just see Mrs Quark's facial expression when I tell her I'm £50 down because I bought someone I've never met a Glastonbury ticket!! :lol:

So back to the original question.  Yes please @mr gumby, I would much appreciate some help on coach day.  Let me know if you're after one as well and we'll PM details ;)

46 minutes ago, Quark said:

Cutting a long answer short, there has to be trust somewhere along the line. Whether you're offering to pay other peoples' deposits and be paid back, or giving others your bank details to buy with, or both, you're trusting someone to either pay you back promptly, or not use your money to buy flights to Barbados. 

Most people use Facebook chat (or similar), or exchange phone numbers, so they're not putting their details on a public forum, but you still have to decide whether you're happy to do so. 

As Lucy said, my general rule of thumb is that I'm happy to share details with regulars on here, as they're unlikely to mess about, but I'm dubious when someone joins just to get help in the sale. 

40 minutes ago, Quark said:

I can just see Mrs Quark's facial expression when I tell her I'm £50 down because I bought someone I've never met a Glastonbury ticket!! :lol:

Well, firstly, it would only be £10, as you could get a refund on the rest, but I see your point. I think the best way to minimise risk there is to state clearly how quickly you expect to be paid back, and to have as much info as possible about the person you're buying for (phone number, Facebook, Twitter etc.) so that, in the worst case, you can chase them up for any money you lose. 

48 minutes ago, Quark said:

So back to the original question.  Yes please @mr gumby, I would much appreciate some help on coach day.  Let me know if you're after one as well and we'll PM details ;)

I'm not sure yet if we'll be trying for coach. We did it once and found it a pain in the arse, because of gumby jr. I'd still be happy to try for you, though. Not sure yet if my finances will stretch to paying, or if I would need your details, but I'll help if I can :) 

Hello all sorry not been around (again) for a while - kids hols, been away again and generally busy, but I am - as of today - back on it,  Guy Old son although I may not have been in here much I have not stopped praising the sun gods.  Lots to catch up on so hope everyone is well  and getting their F5 finger practice in.

21 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Oh, was it? To be honest I don't take much notice, because once I get a deposit paid, there's zero chance of me asking for a refund!

Definitely.  I kid myself that if it comes to it and money's looking tight I'd be prepared to give it up, but I'm pretty sure I'd be lying to myself!

12 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Electric Picnic tomorrow mutha fuckas!!! Please we need some sun worshipping cos the great weather gods are not looking down on us kindly at the moment

Have a great time @H.M.V

Gavin James is playing, apparently his first time on a main stage at a festival, so pretty special. 5.30 one of the day