NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

11 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Hey Mr G

just Jersey live left now gig wise, but looking forward to that, The Richard Ashcroft special guest section has just been announced and 70 min slot with full orchestra so should be amazing for such a little festival :-). Apart from that it's ticket day, and d trip to Bali and another to Morocco, and a couple to london before the end of the year, so plenty to look forward to :-)

looking forward to when this forum is a little busier again :-)

FF

xx

Ooh! Where on Bali are you going? We went years back, had a week in Kuta, then a few days at Ubud, up in the hills. We got engaged on that trip :) 

Never been to Morocco, but it's on my list. Love North African food. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Ooh! Where on Bali are you going? We went years back, had a week in Kuta, then a few days at Ubud, up in the hills. We got engaged on that trip :) 

Never been to Morocco, but it's on my list. Love North African food. 

My brother lives in Bali, so basing myself there in Sanur and then heading out on 2 weeks of exploring - he's lived there 18 months with his Dutch girlriend so leaving the itinery in their hands- I absolutely want to see Ubud and he wants to show me somewhere in the mountains that rains and is 14 degrees (home from home lol) - so we'll see :-) - so very exciting though :-)

Bonjour mes amis! Picked myself a banger of a day to have booked off work :sungum:

No wonderful leisure plans but got a few jobs to tick off the list today. Off to see parents tomorrow, BBQ Sunday then a walk and picnic with Mrs Q down by Seven Sisters on Monday if the weather holds.

Hope everyone has a lurvely bank holiday, and no complaints about ti being too hot - NFR NFC bitches! :smoke:

Goodness it's quiet here!  Hello peeps,  hope you're having a good bank holiday.  I'm watching BBC coverage of Red Hot Chili Peppers at Reading.  Eldest is out there in the audience.  After feeling crap for months I've bowed to the inevitable, but the first sertraline tablet is doing weird things to my brain... sure it's around here somewhere.

Anniversary Guy old son? Enjoy!

Ah, sorry you've had to have a crack at the tablets @dizzymoo, I know from family members how much better it feels not to have to take them. Hopefully only a short term fix; getting through on T-Day will be all the happy you need :friends:

Taken a bit of a hit for the team today, been out on the bikes with Mrs Q in the vertical w*t stuff, but still all good :)

Hopefully decent weather tomorrow for a solid 4 hour yomp down the coast to 7 Sisters. Enjoy the rest of the BH my lovlies!

Hey peeps. So sorry for my absence, I've been pretty much devoted to fitness so I can be fit at 40 (I refuse to be fat at 40) and so that I don't think about Tday and the organisation of it all. In my quest I have torn my ligament in my ankle. I'm feeling very sorry for myself! I have however done lots of running in the extremely 'not dry' stuff as a sacrifice to the weather gods. I have been praying and chanting a lot in recent weeks so don't worry Guy... Chit chat maybe prevalent, but the gods are aware of our worship. 

4 hours ago, Quark said:

Anniversary Guy old son? Enjoy!

Ah, sorry you've had to have a crack at the tablets @dizzymoo, I know from family members how much better it feels not to have to take them. Hopefully only a short term fix; getting through on T-Day will be all the happy you need :friends:

Taken a bit of a hit for the team today, been out on the bikes with Mrs Q in the vertical w*t stuff, but still all good :)

Hopefully decent weather tomorrow for a solid 4 hour yomp down the coast to 7 Sisters. Enjoy the rest of the BH my lovlies!

Aw thanks Quark.  Had a long talk with my other half today which helped.  I have also been out in the w*t stuff rescuing the washing from something like a monsoon (sorry if that word's not allowed).

@Curlygirl be careful there! You seem to be trying to emulate Dusty with his collection of injuries prior to this year's festival.  Make sure you keep your f5 finger in working order.

On 25/08/2016 at 10:04 AM, lucyginger said:

Hump Day is Wednesday, the hump of the week. After lunchtime on hump day, one is closer to the coming weekend than one was to the previous. Which is good! 

That's a bugger about your wing mirror, is it gaffer tape on-able? Hope you have a brilliant festival anyway!! 

Just back from the festival (which was as fab as ever). I did indeed manage to gaffer tape a mirror that I bought in Poundland on to the wing mirror.

Hi all, hope everyone is good...

Sorry ive been absent on here for more than a few weeks, it's been pretty much all work and sleep for me and endless 12 hour shifts in 50 degree heat has left little room for much else in my life. Anyway after another long 2 months offshore tomorrow is home day so I'm looking forward to getting back and hopefully moving back into my house after renting for 8 months after the floods last December! Also hoping to catch the end of any summer that may still be left and hopefully be on here a little more once I'm home.:)

Shaun.

Morning All :)

Safe travels back home Shaun, must be a good thing to have been looking forward to!

Hope the ankle's healing up CG, so frustrating when fitness gets buggered up by injuries.

And just for you Guy old son, let's get some praising in :sungum:

images.jpg

Morning all! 

Dizzy, hope the sertraline settles in soon, I have taken anti d's before and they can really help. In my experience, Sertraline are definitely one of the better ones. Here if you want to chat, just PM :) 

CG I also want to not be fat at 40! Unfortunately I am very lazy! However I did got to an "old skool" rave night in town at the weekend and danced for about 4 hours solid!!!! It was brilliant! 

25 yrs since Ten was released?! Blimey. I need a lie down. 

15 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

CG I also want to not be fat at 40!

25 yrs since Ten was released?! Blimey. I need a lie down. 

I'm quite comfortably the oldest player at training at the moment LG, lots of abuse about being grandad, past it etc.  One of the younger lads I've not played with before asked me how old I was last week after another barrage, so I told him 36. His response? "You're not looking too bad really".  I think it was a compliment but bloody hell did I want to thump him! :lol:

Bizarrely Pearl Jam completely passed me by in the 90s for some reason.  Never got into them until much later, then saw them at MK a couple of years ago.  Now I just want them to play GF!

Edited by Quark
Incompetence

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Calling women by the wrong name again, quark? That'll get you into trouble!

Dammit Scruff, how did you spot that before I'd edited?!  As soon as I'd pressed the submit button I realised what I'd done and when back in, but no you had to get there first!!! :banghead:

@lucyginger I shall go back to my corner and think about what I've done.  Again.  Going to have to bring dome serious bottles of booze to the meet next year at this rate!

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

Dammit Scruff, how did you spot that before I'd edited?!  As soon as I'd pressed the submit button I realised what I'd done and when back in, but no you had to get there first!!! :banghead:

@lucyginger I shall go back to my corner and think about what I've done.  Again.  Going to have to bring dome serious bottles of booze to the meet next year at this rate!

I suppose I can let you off if there is gin involved ;) 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

images.jpg

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I'm just asking so I can fully understand what you're trying to say. I wouldn't want to inadvertently get it wrong. I'm a stickler for detail, you see. 

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

PS I notice you didn't answer the question :ph34r: :P

Get a room! ;)