NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

1 hour ago, sheffieldlady said:

FF sounds like you had a good time! The reviews of Bastille is that they are ready to 'step-up' on the festival stage. I saw them supporting Muse ages back and thought they lacked any sort of wow factor!

I love Gavin James, his voice is brilliant. I'm very fond of his cover of Book of Love.

I've seen Bastille twice, the first time at Secret Garden Party in 2013, they were really good. The second was on the Other stage this year, I thought they were good then too! Maybe I'm a bit biased cos I do quite love them ;)

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, sheffieldlady said:

FF sounds like you had a good time! The reviews of Bastille is that they are ready to 'step-up' on the festival stage. I saw them supporting Muse ages back and thought they lacked any sort of wow factor!

I love Gavin James, his voice is brilliant. I'm very fond of his cover of Book of Love.

I saw Bastille supporting Muse too, and agree they defo lacked a wow factor, and I put that down to them being a new band on a big stage, then seen them a few times since including in JP at Glastonbury (where I enjoyed them), but really do think they lack something- and they are hyped beyond their worth

I'd heard of Gavin James but knew nothing about him, rocked up to the tent (about 200 people in there) and was blown away - incredible voice - defo going to download more from him and have a listen

Hi guys!
Ticket day in a month and a half and i'm trying to remember where I found the backdoor link to the "booking page" that someone posted? It wont ever let you book tickets but will let you fill in details as if you were so that your browser remembers them. Does anyone have it? 

Thanks a lot!

On 21 August 2016 at 0:13 AM, dizzymoo said:

Thank you CG.  I can't help thinking that your admiration of Yog's art is a finbarr or typo of some sort!

Hey Dizzy, no finbarr or typo... I was actually sat in my mums living room admiring the head he made her. It's just wonderful!!

hi all! I'm just about recovered after a mental weekend. I think Barbados is going to be very messy where rum is involved. We tried many cocktails and I managed to stab myself in the forehead with a fork. It really is t a good look. 

FF it sounds like you had a brilliant time. I would've loved to see Rick Astley too! I love Kaiser Chiefs and have seen Bastille in JP a few years ago. 

Yog I am on the FB page, yeah there's not much there yet. Looks good tho! 

Morning all, been a busy few days with work and home so not been about much.  Glad to hear you enjoyed V @Funkyfairy!:)

Well I've thrown my hat in the ring - ticket for next year's Benicassim has been purchased!  Bugger camping though; got ourselves a villa nearby!  As it's brother in law's 40th we#ve decided to go all out :)

Anyhoo, hump day is here - enjoy!

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Morning all, been a busy few days with work and home so not been about much.  Glad to hear you enjoyed V @Funkyfairy!:)

Well I've thrown my hat in the ring - ticket for next year's Benicassim has been purchased!  Bugger camping though; got ourselves a villa nearby!  As it's brother in law's 40th we#ve decided to go all out :)

Anyhoo, hump day is here - enjoy!

Ooh how exciting!! :) 

Been a bit busy too, but glad it's hump day!!! It's sunny too! 

On 23/08/2016 at 0:21 PM, MadScientist said:

Hi guys!
Ticket day in a month and a half and i'm trying to remember where I found the backdoor link to the "booking page" that someone posted? It wont ever let you book tickets but will let you fill in details as if you were so that your browser remembers them. Does anyone have it? 

Thanks a lot!

I'm afraid that I can't help. I suspect it'll be something that's discussed on here closer to the time.

Just had some numpty drive on my side of the road and smash my wing mirror. I'm off to the Shambala festival tomorrow morning so the timing of this is inconvenient to say the least. Prior to this I was in pre-festival high spirits. Could be worse I suppose - he could have actually smashed right in to me. I'm going to have a few G & T's now to calm myself down.

15 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

What's hump day?

Hump Day is Wednesday, the hump of the week. After lunchtime on hump day, one is closer to the coming weekend than one was to the previous. Which is good! 

That's a bugger about your wing mirror, is it gaffer tape on-able? Hope you have a brilliant festival anyway!! 

12 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

you lot are doing GREAT well apart from all the chitchat you do .......you ARE doing some good the weather has been FUCKING AMAZING so keep it up yea

Image result for sun god

Leading by example Guy old son :)

Have a great Shambala Yog, fingers crossed for a good weekend of weather for you!

13 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Just had some numpty drive on my side of the road and smash my wing mirror. I'm off to the Shambala festival tomorrow morning so the timing of this is inconvenient to say the least. Prior to this I was in pre-festival high spirits. Could be worse I suppose - he could have actually smashed right in to me. I'm going to have a few G & T's now to calm myself down.

Bad timing indeed Yog. Hope you got it fixed and have a proper restorative time at Shambala. 3 days before Glastonbury '13 we discovered the timber frame at the front of our 'new' caravan was rotten and the windows were about to fall out. Amazing what gaffer tape can fix!

Dropped eldest off at Reading yesterday, in 31 degree heat. His friends were all arriving separately and the whole expedition seemed as well planned as the charge of the Light Brigade, but I had a text from him later to say they'd all set up camp together. 

Bit mad here (especially me), so apologies for my absence. @Funkyfairy! sounds like you had a fab time at V. @Curlygirl hope you've avoided further cutlery-related injuries. @Quark are you still gonna try for Glastonbury tickets? Make next year a belter with Benicassim too. Expensive, but you can always live on beans. @lucyginger is this post-hump day? 

Hope everyone's OK. 

10 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Bad timing indeed Yog. Hope you got it fixed and have a proper restorative time at Shambala. 3 days before Glastonbury '13 we discovered the timber frame at the front of our 'new' caravan was rotten and the windows were about to fall out. Amazing what gaffer tape can fix!

Dropped eldest off at Reading yesterday, in 31 degree heat. His friends were all arriving separately and the whole expedition seemed as well planned as the charge of the Light Brigade, but I had a text from him later to say they'd all set up camp together. 

Bit mad here (especially me), so apologies for my absence. @Funkyfairy! sounds like you had a fab time at V. @Curlygirl hope you've avoided further cutlery-related injuries. @Quark are you still gonna try for Glastonbury tickets? Make next year a belter with Benicassim too. Expensive, but you can always live on beans. @lucyginger is this post-hump day? 

Hope everyone's OK. 

Gaffer tape's wonderful stuff!

That's still the plan Dizzy.  Ticket gods willing I'll be doing Glastonbury solo as the rest of the crew are only doing Benicassim, then joining up with them a few weeks later for fun in the sun!

18 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Afternoon all :) 

Sorry I've not been about much recently. Can't wait for gumby jr to be back at preschool, so I can concentrate on praising the weather gods more! 

What's everyone up to? Any fests/gigs planned? 

Hello! 

I'm going to an indoor day long indie festival thing in october, that should be fun! Other than that, it's holiday in a few weeks and not a lot else! Apart from praising the gods, obviously! 

How about you Mr G? :)

20 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Sorry I've not been about much recently. Can't wait for gumby jr to be back at preschool, so I can concentrate on praising the weather gods more! 

You're meant to love having the little scamp at home Gumby!

Got a nice little selection - Pilton Party, Always The Sun (new one in Guildford), Bear's Den, and Levellers & Ferocious Dog, plus still got to get tickets for Honeyblood and Chainska Brassika.  Should keep me occupied :)

You got anything lined up old chap?

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

Got a nice little selection - Pilton Party, Always The Sun (new one in Guildford), Bear's Den, and Levellers & Ferocious Dog, plus still got to get tickets for Honeyblood and Chainska Brassika.  Should keep me occupied :)

Ooh I've got the Levs and FD too! Woo! 

28 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Hello! 

I'm going to an indoor day long indie festival thing in october, that should be fun! Other than that, it's holiday in a few weeks and not a lot else! Apart from praising the gods, obviously! 

How about you Mr G? :)

Our holidays are done for this year. Hoping we might find one or two one-off things to go to, though. My mum's 70th is in October, so I'm thinking we could visit overnight, then take gumby jr to see a few sights in London too. 

32 minutes ago, Quark said:

I did love having him about, to begin with! I'm just shattered now! I've got serious respect for anyone who's a single parent, at least I've got mrs gumby to help in the evenings and at weekends. 

Sounds like you've got a fair bit to look forward to :) 

7 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Hey Mr G

just Jersey live left now gig wise, but looking forward to that, The Richard Ashcroft special guest section has just been announced and 70 min slot with full orchestra so should be amazing for such a little festival :-). Apart from that it's ticket day, and d trip to Bali and another to Morocco, and a couple to london before the end of the year, so plenty to look forward to :-)

looking forward to when this forum is a little busier again :-)

FF

xx