NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone. Good day at Jersey live yesterday , saw some great local bands, caught up with friends, drunk copious amounts of rhubarb or Damson cider ( flippin amazing and not fizzy). Spring Kings were my find of the day .  Richard Ashcroft was suoerb , played an amazing set and was a highlight. Disclosure on the other hand I'm afraid are not for me :-). 

I can report is was not dry from around 9pm, so that's 4 festivals this year and its predicated at everyone ...... 

Back again today for the last festival day of 2016 ... Looking forward to  showhawk duo. Public service broadcasting, Sigma and sure we will have a boogie to madness. 

Have a lovely day one and all xx

Evening all :) 

have spent the afternoon picking elderberries and blackberries to add to those already in the freezer, in preparation for making port. Just need to wait a few weeks for the sloes to ripen, so I can pick those too, and I'll be good to go! Making a much bigger batch this time, so there should be plenty left next summer to bring to the meet :) 

13 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I had a Tday nightmare last night. I woke up feeling so very sad and heavy hearted. All of my friends and colleagues got tickets and I didn't. 

Hey CG,

I know what mean, having similar thoughts yesterday and that feeling of dread of not being at Worthy Farm next year.

Good luck next month, hope you bag your ticket and good luck to all the other efesters on Tday.

Happy Monday all. Love to all :-)

Had a great great day at Jersey Live yesterday, the two non dance music stages are literally 2 mins walk from each other and play at alternate time, so never had more than 5 mins between acts

In no particular order yesterday I saw

Absolute Bowie (great for a tribute act)

Black Honey - wow wow , never heard of them before but the front lady has a great look and an even better look. Super amazing

Showhawk Duo - very talented

Lucy Spaggen (yes X factor fame, played on the tiny local stage) - actually really funny, and very at ease and great for a sunny cider fuelled afternoon

Dreadzone - need I say more, 4th time of seeing them and never ever dissapoint - fantastic

Public Service Broadcasting - seen them in the dark before and I think their show works better in an itimate tent/venue than on a big stage

Sigma- full of energy and actually loads better than I thought they'd be

Madness- fun as always - not a great fan but they know their stuff !

lots of local bands with great talent

Feet hurt, I need to detox - and thats 2016 festivals done and dusted... now scared even more for what 2017 may or may not bring

17 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Now you are showered, and in hindsight was it a good weekend ?

it was good (my first time at EP).. but... that bloody rain!!  it just makes everything that bit more difficult.  we didn't see all we wanted to see but we did feel smug about buying a largish tent that could accommodate our table and chairs and rum.  we did have noisy neighbours though.  bloody young people staying up all night talking gibberish, loudly!  how very dare they?  i was never like that :ph34r:

10 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

it was good (my first time at EP).. but... that bloody rain!!  it just makes everything that bit more difficult.  we didn't see all we wanted to see but we did feel smug about buying a largish tent that could accommodate our table and chairs and rum.  we did have noisy neighbours though.  bloody young people staying up all night talking gibberish, loudly!  how very dare they?  i was never like that :ph34r:

yep, I get you totally about the rain and mud. 4 festivals this year and all 4 it has been wet at some point, although none with the mud of Glastonbury (thank goodness) - my poncho has never had so much wear !

Ear plugs - godsend of night times for me, I can't sleep without them at a festival

3 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

it was good (my first time at EP).. but... that bloody ****!!  it just makes everything that bit more difficult.  we didn't see all we wanted to see but we did feel smug about buying a largish tent that could accommodate our table and chairs and rum.  we did have noisy neighbours though.  bloody young people staying up all night talking gibberish, loudly!  how very dare they?  i was never like that :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

yep, I get you totally about the **** and mud. 4 festivals this year and all 4 it has been wet at some point, although none with the mud of Glastonbury (thank goodness) - my poncho has never had so much wear !

Ear plugs - godsend of night times for me, I can't sleep without them at a festival

You two are slipping!! Call yourselves NFR veterans!! 

Glad you both had fun :)

Morning my lovelies, glad to hear good weekends seem to have been had by all.  In summary:

Homemade port sounds awesome.

Ticket day will be fine, I have enough faith to share with all of the deserving :)

Sorry people got a bit m*ddy and s*ggy, but sounded fun regardless!

It's fine to be annoyed with noisy young people.  We're old enough now that we've earned those stripes to grumble about such things.

I've still never seen Dreadzone and need to remedy this next year.

Anyhoo, Pilton Party was cracking as always.  Turned up a bit late for King Eider, but Activators sounded proper bouncy and Fatboy definitely got the crowd going.  Wasn't totally my thing, but kicking off with Eat Sleep Rave Repeat sounded feckin' immense.

Surprise of the evening was Blossoms.  After seeing them on the Other I was a bit worried about stage presence but they sounded bloody amazing.  The smaller covered stage definitely suited them, and I'd recommend catching them if they tour near you!

Sounds like some good (if w*t) festival fun has been had, have just realised that we are away in the Lake District on ticket day for a 70th birthday meal for my father in law on the Saturday night.  How bloody inconvenient! Worse,  the hotel we booked into has -according to the website - "limited wifi"  - I think I may be hot footing it down the M6 back to Liverpool at an ungodly hour to the safety of my home broadband  I have a bad feeling about this....

17 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I'm relying on my friend's boyfriend who has managed to get them the past two years totally no bother while the rest of us don't get a look in!

Last year was my first time through in 5 attempts.  Actually got through twice but the page froze as I was making my second run to pick up secondary friends' tickets!

5 hours ago, Quark said:

Morning my lovelies, glad to hear good weekends seem to have been had by all.  In summary:

Homemade port sounds awesome.

Ticket day will be fine, I have enough faith to share with all of the deserving :)

Sorry people got a bit m*ddy and s*ggy, but sounded fun regardless!

It's fine to be annoyed with noisy young people.  We're old enough now that we've earned those stripes to grumble about such things.

I've still never seen Dreadzone and need to remedy this next year.

Anyhoo, Pilton Party was cracking as always.  Turned up a bit late for King Eider, but Activators sounded proper bouncy and Fatboy definitely got the crowd going.  Wasn't totally my thing, but kicking off with Eat Sleep Rave Repeat sounded feckin' immense.

Surprise of the evening was Blossoms.  After seeing them on the Other I was a bit worried about stage presence but they sounded bloody amazing.  The smaller covered stage definitely suited them, and I'd recommend catching them if they tour near you!

Did you hear any of King Eider, Quark? They were one of many on my list of possibles at glasto that I didn't manage to see. 

6 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Did you hear any of King Eider, Quark? They were one of many on my list of possibles at glasto that I didn't manage to see. 

They were good.  I saw their short set at the competition and was impressed.  With a full set they did the job, very Alt-J in places and quite intricate.  They definitely have a copy of An Awesome Wave in the van, the intro to the last song was basically Tessellate. Worth seeing if you get a chance.