NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning all

First Glastonbury dream last night ---- and it wasn;t good !

Was watching Glastonbury clips on You tube last night whilst working late (well listening to them), especially from last year, as I didn't have time to watch much when I got home ... OMG although it was hard work what an epic year and I feel lucky to have been there - maybe 2016 will go down as a classic year

Even more so want to be there in 2017

Sun is out here, what a glorious September we have had. 8 days till I go on holiday, works manic but head down and get it done to hopefully have a nice weekend prepping for my trip

Have a lovely day one and all

FFxxx

Have a good day FF - not had any Glastonbury dreams yet, I am trying to pretend that T day is not round the corner as at the moment I can still talk about the festival as if I AM going to be there in 2017 but if we don't get tickets I don't know what I am going to do !.  We have missed out in the main sale before but always got lucky in the resale - but it was so quick last year that I am really not holding out much hope if we miss out next week - I am just talking myself into my first Glastonbury related bad dream aren't I?

Hope everyone else is well - sun is almost out in Manchester NRF NFC everyone x

Konichiwa bitches. Turns out that work training courses these days involve beer,tequila and whisky, plus a few games of pool. Should do then more often:P

Love you all. When I actually meet you and not smashed I'm sure I'll love you more 

I'd quite lik aversion of this page for pissed Thumbs as this tookme ages to typ. :lol:

Lol at drunk quark. 

I'm at home dying with some lurgy and unable to talk. Imagine me losing my voice? Having to communicate my needs via messenger. Nice cuppa is imminent. 

Suppose gives me time to check in here and need to get some travel insurance sorted. Rock n roll 

They sound like great work training courses Quark!

I have attempted another video - I think I might need to pay more attention to holding the camera steady. Here is a holiday video from New York:

Seems like a good place to share! 

I've had one Glastonbury dream so far, I say dream, I mean nightmare. I didn't get tickets, the sold out tweet appeared and then my doorbell rang. It was Mr. Eavis who was laughing and then threw a pie in my face! 

3 hours ago, sheffieldlady said:

They sound like great work training courses Quark!

I have attempted another video - I think I might need to pay more attention to holding the camera steady. Here is a holiday video from New York:

Seems like a good place to share! 

I've had one Glastonbury dream so far, I say dream, I mean nightmare. I didn't get tickets, the sold out tweet appeared and then my doorbell rang. It was Mr. Eavis who was laughing and then threw a pie in my face! 

Sorry but the pie dream just made me laugh so much :-) Imagine ! He's have to do a lot of pie visits ! here's hoping our nightmares don;t come true !

Ahem.  I think someone hacked my account again.  I never drink on school nights :ninja:

Anyway, happy feckin' Friday all.  Love the vids sheffieldlady, keep them coming!  Only had the one ticket dream so far as soon as they announced the sale date, but we'll see what happens over the next week :blink:

Happy Friday - everyone did you get your Roses tickets Lucy? I am praying that they play GF (and that I get a ticket of course) saw them at Heaton park when they first came back and they were amazing - I was dying of flu and spent the afternoon sleeping in a hotel room bed whilst the rest of my group went ahead for the full da,y managed to get myself upright and to the gig about an hour before they came on (Mr D had secured a wristband for me earlier in the day to get into the front section) and by the time it had finished  my flu had disappeared - should be free on the NHS - maybe that's what you need HMV for your lurgy

Away for father in laws 70th birthday this weekend - rock and roll - so wont be on much - behave yourselves and have a great weekend x

So, on top of all my woes a very dear friend of my family's has died. A person who was like another brother to me.

In addition I have to fill in a self assessment tax return for the seven month period that I was working freelance, and it's got to be in very very soon (I think) because I get fined if it's not returned on time. The thing is that I can't see the wood for the trees in terms of filling it out. I think I may need to ask an adult to help me.

When is this shit going to stop man? It's relentless.

That said, I am happy today. I think that it might be a manic kind of happiness though. Not sure.

Hi all

Bloody hell, Yog - your crappy run has to end soon... Happy thoughts sent your way.

Just to say that...I think the Stone Roses are sooooo over-celebrated! One trick ppony and a couple of choons plus absurd nostalgia and time-and-place-only significance does not a musical legacy create...

:ph34r:

*puts tin hat on*

Ben
xx

6 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Yog I'm sorry to hear that xxx

I do accounts, I might be able to help? I dont do tax returns but I used to in my old job, that was years ago but if you like, email me. I'll PM you my address.

Benny, hello! Yes I know what you mean but I think it will be brilliant fun!!!! 

Didja get them, then?

For Wembley?

Benny
xx

2 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Yog I'm sorry to hear that xxx

I do accounts, I might be able to help? I dont do tax returns but I used to in my old job, that was years ago but if you like, email me. I'll PM you my address.

Benny, hello! Yes I know what you mean but I think it will be brilliant fun!!!! 

Hello lucy

That's awefully kind of you. I may take you up on the offer if my Plan B doesn't work, which is to get the form filler extraordinaire (my wife) on the job - so to speak! She used to work in benefits and as such is used to filling out mind bending forms asking for all sorts of information. In fact she and a colleaugue used to keep a secret journal to see how much benefits they could give an individual rather than tow the line and only respond to specific benefit requests that people actually asked for. Her record was getting somebody a grand total of £12K in a week in back benefits etc that he should have received. Guess what? He died a week later. Now, that's a bastard thing to happen.

Anyway, I've deleted all my old PM's now so should be able to receive future PM's.

I'll get back to you if Plan B doesn't work.

Happy to hear that you got your tickets. :)