NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Please keep in mind dentist phobia people. Eeewwwwwww. 

About to drop off the page bump. 

Arranged to go and try on wedding dresses on Monday excitement. In Edinburgh, double excitement. 

Hello H.M.V

I don't know if you have been to Edingburgh or the shop JoeyD before but in case you haven't then I would thoroughly recommend going. He may not do wedding dresses but you really should see his other clothing , furniture etc. It would be fair to say that I am no slave to fashion but still find myself almost drooling when I see his work. The address of the shop is 54/54A Broughton Street, Edingburgh. :)

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Not been on much peeps, busy work after Christmas and doing my best to stay off electronics in the evenings at the mo.  But as usual it sounds like there's a fair amount going on with y'alls.

Hope teeth / operations / painkillers / wedding dresses / insane family members / house sales go well.  Much love! :)

Thanks Quark. Hope that things are good with you. :)

26 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Hi all. Good news at last. My 2nd broken arm is finally starting to knit....taken over six months. Xray from yesterday.

ulnajan17.jpg

Hello Sawdusty,

Happy to hear that you are on the road to recovery. If I get tickets in the re-sale I am definitely going to call in to see you. Any man that puts a pan full of fire on top of his head at night (probably while under the influence) deserves to be visited (or Sectioned!).

Best wishes. :)

31 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello H.M.V

I don't know if you have been to Edingburgh or the shop JoeyD before but in case you haven't then I would thoroughly recommend going. He may not do wedding dresses but you really should see his other clothing , furniture etc. It would be fair to say that I am no slave to fashion but still find myself almost drooling when I see his work. The address of the shop is 54/54A Broughton Street, Edingburgh. :)

Been to Edinburgh many a time. My best friend lives there but ill only be on a flying visit. Will see if i have time for a snoop. Thanks. 

8 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Please keep in mind dentist phobia people. Eeewwwwwww. 

About to drop off the page bump. 

Arranged to go and try on wedding dresses on Monday excitement. In Edinburgh, double excitement. 

As a frequent viewer of Say Yes To The Dress and Say Yes To The Dress: Atlanta, even the occasional Say Yes To The Dress:UK, I'm available should you require any advice.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

As a frequent viewer of Say Yes To The Dress and Say Yes To The Dress: Atlanta, even the occasional Say Yes To The Dress:UK, I'm available should you require any advice.

Is that like Ru Paul's drag race? I ask that like ive even seen any of these programmes. 

At least 3 times every show, bride to be tries on dress, she loves it, goes to show her friends, dramatic music.... they hate it!

Tries on ones they like, they think she looks AMAZING, she hates theM, repeat several times. In steps assistant, gets out 1st dress again, "jacks her up" (puts on veil)..... THEY LOVE IT!!! OMG!! 

Big moment.... "Are you saying Yes to the dress?" More dramatic music, big pause.... YES!!! OMG!!! I'M DO HAPPY!!! SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!

That's it.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

At least 3 times every show, bride to be tries on dress, she loves it, goes to show her friends, dramatic music.... they hate it!

Tries on ones they like, they think she looks AMAZING, she hates theM, repeat several times. In steps assistant, gets out 1st dress again, "jacks her up" (puts on veil)..... THEY LOVE IT!!! OMG!! 

Big moment.... "Are you saying Yes to the dress?" More dramatic music, big pause.... YES!!! OMG!!! I'M DO HAPPY!!! SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!

That's it.

Urgh. Sounds horrific.

If it's anything like ring shopping it should be a case of try dress on. Its perfect. Let's go and get some lunch and a bottle of wine. 

No idea Stu.

You watch some terrible television Gnomicide.

Glad the arm is on the mend Dusty :)

Got my first gig of 2017 sorted - off to see Declan McKenna down in Brighton.  Very small underground venue, under £10 for the ticket.  Aiming for one gig per month, seemed like a good place to start :)

Afternoon! Ooh dress shopping, good luck! And good luck to anyone who has to watch terrible tv shows. Ugh. 

Well I have been to the Drs for a check up and been told not to go back to work til Wednesday, as I am too immobile! I'm feeling much better, but just can't do much. Have had two lovely friends coming in each day to help me, it's a good job they both had the week off! I'd have been stuck otherwise! 

In more thread related news, we are apparently due "thundersnow" this evening. So far we have got lots of rain and a bit of sleet. Nice. 

Just now, lucyginger said:

Afternoon! Ooh dress shopping, good luck! And good luck to anyone who has to watch terrible tv shows. Ugh. 

Well I have been to the Drs for a check up and been told not to go back to work til Wednesday, as I am too immobile! I'm feeling much better, but just can't do much. Have had two lovely friends coming in each day to help me, it's a good job they both had the week off! I'd have been stuck otherwise! 

In more thread related news, we are apparently due "thundersn*w" this evening. So far we have got lots of r*in and a bit of sl*et. Nice. 

Corrected for you ;)

Glad you're on the mend!

Evening all, by the way :)

Not been on much recently, as real life is a bit of a bugger. Hope everyone's doing OK, bones healing, wedding arrangements taking shape, families managing not to kill each other etc. In our news, we bought gumby Jr his first full-size big boy bed today. Bunk beds, which I'm going to convert into a mid-sleeper arrangement with play space underneath, which can later house a bookshelf and desk when he's old enough to have homework. He's ever so slightly excited about it, so I'd best do a decent job! :) 

7 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Evening all, by the way :)

Not been on much recently, as real life is a bit of a bugger. Hope everyone's doing OK, bones healing, wedding arrangements taking shape, families managing not to kill each other etc. In our news, we bought gumby Jr his first full-size big boy bed today. Bunk beds, which I'm going to convert into a mid-sleeper arrangement with play space underneath, which can later house a bookshelf and desk when he's old enough to have homework. He's ever so slightly excited about it, so I'd best do a decent job! :)

Hope real life gets better for you soon Mr gumby

Real life does have a habit of getting in the way!!

9 hours ago, mr gumby said:

That's given me an idea for a theme tune for the NFR meet:

'Do you wanna get wrecked?

Let's get, let's get, let's get, let's get wrecked'

:lol:

Edited by Quark