NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afternoon, evening 

Happy New Year everyone, had a lovely night last night, saw in new year watching fireworks and everyone else slaughtered, before boogying and playing darts in the local pub ( and I can't play darts ) 

Tree now down, decorations away and left over Christmas dinner ready to eat .

its so nice having tomorrow off as well :-)

FF xx

We had a nice night last night with a bottle of chompers and watched all the hotels compete with each other for fireworks display. The rain I think hampered the display somewhat. 

Friend and her daughter to stay as well which had been lovely although seriously not used to kids and the amount of attention they require. Lol

On 29 December 2016 at 10:57 PM, Funkyfairy! said:

What type of things do you want to see and do ? Yeah we went for 2 weeks and jus scratched the surface.... Going back for 3 weeks in October :-)

Just chill out, take in the sights, culture, make some friends & have a few wild nights. Much like Glastonbury.

So far it's looking like Kuta > Gili T > Ubud but as I'm only staying in hostels I can quite easily just up & leave somewhere & only lose £6/7 in accomodation costs.

I'm in a Lloyds/Spoons using free wi-fi to watch Final Score, the bar staff here are so miserable.

Edited by Bisque

Happy New Year y'all.  It was a drama free time for us over the holiday period which is rare (until my work laptop got trapped in a door today and now has fractals all over the screen).

Glad to hear news of the new life in the lakes, HMV too.  I'm wondering what life I'll have this year, as I'm needing some job from April after taking redundancy.  There'll be something, if I can just avoid stopping in bed all day.

The good news is 1 beer festival and some gigs this month, and the thought of June, and heading down on Tuesday to make for a more relaxing Wednesday.  Everything else is quite hazy on this first day back at work.

Evening all. I had a bit of a pants boring day yesterday so got all my glastonbury programmes out and had a peruse. I am now ridiculously excited for June. I'm boring everyone I know already! 

What are your opinions for 'if' another festival is on in the fallow year? Will any of you go there? 

58 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Evening all. I had a bit of a pants boring day yesterday so got all my glastonbury programmes out and had a peruse. I am now ridiculously excited for June. I'm boring everyone I know already! 

What are your opinions for 'if' another festival is on in the fallow year? Will any of you go there? 

I'd like to, but I may take the time instead to take the family on a holiday for my 50th, ideally to Japan. If I can get organised to sort something out.

Just now, carlosj said:

I'd like to, but I may take the time instead to take the family on a holiday for my 50th, ideally to Japan. If I can get organised to sort something out.

If it's your birthday around that time then go for Japan I'd say! You don't look nearly 50 Carol!!! If it is on in the fallow year, do you think it'll be the same weekend? 

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

Going through old programmes is always good for the mood. Last night I had a cider in my glastonbury tin cup!:)

All depends on where the other festival is to be honest, I usually try and do a couple of the smaller fests in fallow years.

Gah I'm sick as a small hospital and currently sat on the ferry back to Ireland when I should be in my bed. Have to go home and see the mother and sister. Although not ideal going to see a poorly mother when I'm poorly myself. 

Can't wait for the spring and promise of sunshine on the horizon. I'm done with being cold now. 

On 3 December 2016 at 9:52 PM, guypjfreak said:

Thanks one and all... 

I LOVE apocalypse now best film ever... Well after the great escape, papillon, Kelly's heroes, saving old Ryan and one you really want to watch called The intouchables which is a French film and funny as fuck and real to boot... 

Just remember Charlie don't surf.. Lol. On serious note watch the intouchables it's great 

Watched The Intouchables today on your recommendation Guy old son, cheers for that, being a bit of a film anorak I'm not sure how this passed me by the first time but a very enjoyable movie.:)

2 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Gah I'm sick as a small hospital and currently sat on the ferry back to Ireland when I should be in my bed. Have to go home and see the mother and sister. Although not ideal going to see a poorly mother when I'm poorly myself. 

Can't wait for the spring and promise of sunshine on the horizon. I'm done with being cold now. 

Safe travels, I hope mother is okay. 

49 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

If it's your birthday around that time then go for Japan I'd say! You don't look nearly 50 Carol!!! If it is on in the fallow year, do you think it'll be the same weekend? 

I checked for hidden text that said 'You're way older then that' but couldn't see any, so, you're great!! :friends:

34 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Watched The Intouchables today on your recommendation Guy old son, cheers for that, being a bit of a film anorak I'm not sure how this passed me by the first time but a very enjoyable movie.:)

Not something that we would have seen hadn't the wife won tickets... The book isn't nearly as good but the film great I'm really glad you watched it.. I feel like a bit of ear SEX lol 

46 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Miss HMV. I do hope your mum is recovering and you get well soon too. Much hugs with you lovely one x

Hello all

Have had an interesting day. Started off a little horrible but my wife found certain 'supplies' hidden around the house, which improved matters. The day has culminated with an interesting business proposition. Maybe selling our house to meet our current needs, but will allow capital to invest so may be beneficial in the long run.

Hope that everyone on here is well.

I'm back tomorrow, though I've finished all my preparation work.  Three courses: my Planks, followed by my Nutters and finally the Bakers.  Good luck to all of those facing up to life back in the world of work.