NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Think you had better get used to that - wait till the summer tour buses stop right outside to take photos' (they do that to someone here I know and she still doesn;t know why they stop lol) - but we take to waving to the tourists in the summer months

Are you planning on opening all year round ? I have a strong hunch we will come up to pay the B&B a visit (any excuse to go on a trip :-)

Aye we'll be opening all year round although will take a view on Christmas itself when we actually open. 

Lot of work needs to be done first as MJ can vouch for. He had the grand tour earlier. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of your patrons from what has been said so far will be at G too so not a problem for a single June weekend anyway?! I love the Lakes and have always visited every Feb half term.. we will definitely be making a booking and I'm a dab hand with a paint brush so will pay the going rate and we will both lend a hand too.. what an adventure!!! 

So today I went to visit my new neighbours, the very lovely @H.M.V and the very lovely @fatyeti24 and had a great tour round the new house. Wow! pictures don't really do it justice, it's an amazing building but yep, I can definitely vouch for the fact there is indeed lots of work to be done. Huge potential there though and I wish you both every success in getting the place up and running. That view really makes it special!:D

19 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Booked a flight to Bali. Malaysia Airlines, 2 weeks, flying the day after Hospitality in the Dock so I'll sleep well.

SO                  EXCITED

ooo lovely. Any idea where you are going to head in Bali. I was there in October this year, as my brother lives in Sanur... its a stunningly beautiful country :-)

2 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

ooo lovely. Any idea where you are going to head in Bali. I was there in October this year, as my brother lives in Sanur... its a stunningly beautiful country :-)

April. Enough time to browse hostels & be a bit picky. If you can advise any places to visit I would be very grateful as I think 2 weeks won't be long enough!

Just reading back a few pages, I hope everyone had a merry Christmas.

Hello all,

We had a lovely couple turn up to our shop today. They paid £30 for 6 green glasses. My wife was so happy that she could now buy gin and fags that she gave them a gift that blew their £30 out of the water. Then they produced exceedigly expensive dope and passed it around. I responded to this by showing them some of my art and also giving them a gift. 'twas (and still is) a happy day.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello all,

We had a lovely couple turn up to our shop today. They paid £30 for 6 green glasses. My wife was so happy that she could now buy gin and fags that she gave them a gift that blew their £30 out of the water. Then they produced exceedigly expensive dope and passed it around. I responded to this by showing them some of my art and also giving them a gift. 'twas (and still is) a happy day.

Your business model lacks a certain finesse Yog, but your spirit is bang on. Have a well deserved happy New Year that man :friends:

5 hours ago, Bisque said:

April. Enough time to browse hostels & be a bit picky. If you can advise any places to visit I would be very grateful as I think 2 weeks won't be long enough!

Just reading back a few pages, I hope everyone had a merry Christmas.

What type of things do you want to see and do ? Yeah we went for 2 weeks and jus scratched the surface.... Going back for 3 weeks in October :-)

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

She can't still be a baby, is she?

Always be my baby Ruby although she's four now and she does say grand dad I'm not a baby anymore lol.. I'm hoping to get her to Glastonbury next year if my daughter will sort it out.. She got the right hump when we went camping with out her the other week lol... Apparently she sat there and said.... They went with out me lol... Ahh bless a

I still don't like beans.. ( human beans ).. 

27 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

The matter with human beans, is that they is absolutely refusing to believe in anything unless they is actually seeing it right in front of their own schnozzles.”

Don't like schnozzles either old son especially big ones lol