Flares

russycarps

3 hours ago, russycarps said:

That's simply not true. Someone suffered a hideous burn, the equivalent of being spat at while frying an egg. (which is probably a lie anyway, as the little pellets they give off cool in milliseconds, I know, I've had them cascade down on me)

But anyway, best ban everything, just in case.

Charming. I'm guessing that comes from the 'Russycarps Handbook On Well-Reasoned And Intelligent Discussion'. 

Step 1 - Make a sweeping statement if your own opinion, without knowing whether it is accurate or not. 

Step 2 - When someone presents information that shows your initial statement was wrong, rather than reconsidering your own statement, call them a liar so you don't have to admit you were wrong. 

Step 3 - Probably call them a c**t at some point, just for good measure. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Charming. I'm guessing that comes from the 'Russycarps Handbook On Well-Reasoned And Intelligent Discussion'. 

Step 1 - Make a sweeping statement if your own opinion, without knowing whether it is accurate or not. 

Step 2 - When someone presents information that shows your initial statement was wrong, rather than reconsidering your own statement, call them a liar so you don't have to admit you were wrong. 

Step 3 - Probably call them a c**t at some point, just for good measure. 

shouldnt you be in the burns unit nursing your buddies horrific wound?

17 minutes ago, russycarps said:

shouldnt you be in the burns unit nursing your buddies horrific wound?

Considering the obvious difficulties you experience interacting with other people like a normal human being, I don't think I'm the one who needs to be in some kind of 'unit'.

• 6 months later...

My son thinks the festival organisers do the flares.... He's watched the films and says they happen about the same place for different bands..... Conspiracy theorys or not I've not been close enough to one to be bothered or not but looking from the back they do look good but like flags if everyone tom dick and Angelina had them it could get a bit silly... 

Saying that I have 3 from a raft I brought.. Ummmm... Maybe if PJ ever played ah 

3 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Saying that I have 3 from a raft I brought.. Ummmm... Maybe if PJ ever played ah 

Blimey! If PJ and Duncan play I'll be letting off a distress flare! 

You did mean PJ and Duncan didnt you? 

:P;)

I thought flares got banned in 1976 after the great muddy field incident where 1500 people got stranded due to the weight of mud on their 20' bottomed jeans and had to be pulled out by tractors. That and the fact the fashion police said no.

1 hour ago, GMF said:

I thought flares got banned in 1976 after the great muddy field incident where 1500 people got stranded due to the weight of mud on their 20' bottomed jeans and had to be pulled out by tractors. That and the fact the fashion police said no.

No they nearly were banned but it was counteracted by them using a flare to signal that they needed rescuing.

• 3 weeks later...

Think it always has been to be honest, just that they turn a blind eye to them

Regardless of what rules are in place, they will struggle to stop it for a headliner/sub on Pyramid, it's just too busy and big. They clamped down on it to an extent at Other Stage last year, mainly because of the 2nd barrier