Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Subbed by a Princess Di hologram performing sultry looks and media manipulation. Biggest crowd ever.

7 hours ago, phimill said:

Barry Gibb - SR on the rumours page - any news?

well, I've had someone tell that name to me today, which is why it's appeared. In theory the source should be good, but it has no history with me, and we'll have to wait and see.

There's been a Gibb rumour gig round, tho, since last Glasto, which i've ignored cos it seemed too much of the same thing being repeated - and it's not impossible that what's been said to me today is the same thing yet again.

So ... in theory it should be good - certain - but for various reasons I'm a little wary of it.

54 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

well, I've had someone tell that name to me today, which is why it's appeared. In theory the source should be good, but it has no history with me, and we'll have to wait and see.

There's been a Gibb rumour gig round, tho, since last Glasto, which i've ignored cos it seemed too much of the same thing being repeated - and it's not impossible that what's been said to me today is the same thing yet again.

So ... in theory it should be good - certain - but for various reasons I'm a little wary of it.

Surely he's always been likely to appear since this interview he gave straight after last year's festival?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/metro.co.uk/2016/07/02/barry-gibb-confirms-diana-ross-is-going-to-be-play-glastonbury-festival-2017-5980534/amp/?client=ms-android-samsung

‘I don’t know where I’m going to fit. The people there were very kind to me and suggested a show perhaps next year,’ he said.

He says in the same interview that Diana Ross is already booked for the legend's slot, so he must be talking about playing a different slot here. I've been predicting him for ~4th down Pyramid ever since. If you've got info for him Sunday Pyramid then I think he'd probably go before Diana Ross.

11 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Surely he's always been likely to appear since this interview he gave straight after last year's festival?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/metro.co.uk/2016/07/02/barry-gibb-confirms-diana-ross-is-going-to-be-play-glastonbury-festival-2017-5980534/amp/?client=ms-android-samsung

He says in the same interview that Diana Ross is already booked for the legend's slot, so he must be talking about playing a different slot here. I've been predicting him for ~4th down Pyramid ever since. If you've got info for him Sunday Pyramid then I think he'd probably go before Diana Ross.

In what you quoted it's all said in a very uncertain way. It struck me as platitudes &/or talk around him being at the 2016 fest rather than anything of certainty for 2017, which is why I'd chosen to ignore what was said back then and hadn't included him as a rumour until now.