Headliner predictions 2017

swede

A tenner on Ed at 5/1 seems like a good idea to me so I went for it. Id be happy enough with U2 on the Sunday. But tbh with Radiohead confirmed I don't care too much about the other headliners. One night at the pyramid is enough for me as there's always a solid headliner or two on Other / West Holts.

Edited by Madyaker

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely think Taylor Swift is in with a shout here. Lots of rumours floating around about a surprise album release, and she's lined up a couple of dates. One being the pre-superbowl show in February. Given what a shrewd operator she is, I would think she'd want to plug some new material while she's at it...

Edited by zero000

Personally I'm pleased that SR not headlining. Hype has gone, if you wanted to see them the last few years you've had plenty of opportunity and the single they brought out was god awful in my opinion

Would love it to be Fleetwood Mac on the Sunday night, weekend made

Other acts to be somewhere on the bill- heard Fleet Foxes getting back together- they are made for Glastonbury !!

Roll on June! 

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Neil heard that she's been approached as something other than a headliner (or something to that effect) so i'm more inclined to believe that, but christ wouldn't that be a crap result? i'm a fan (of her old stuff, anyway) but she's clearly on a downwards trend and should've done it a few years ago if ever. amazing sub - crap headliner

She's past her imperial phase, but I'm quite impressed by her newest output. She's sold over 100 million records, and while she might not be at her highest cultural relevancy, I can see the Super Bowl raising that a bit. I can't see her ever playing less than topping the festival. 

The source was quite confidence it was to headline, but could be that she was approached to play somewhere else? She doesn't seem quite the ego maniac she was a few years ago, anymore. 

The Stone Roses and Daft Punk definitely would have been a better fit, so a shame it's not them. 

Would absolutely fucking love Kate Bush!

Although given her life long fear of live performances, a 100,000 strong crowd probably isn't up her street.

Aside from someone amazing like that I'm pretty happy for gaga/some band I'm not mad into, just so I can get round and experience the first Glasto and not be at the pyramid every night.

EDIT: If it's Ed Shizzle & Fleetwood Mac I am fucked! (Going alone with the Mrs, 2 of her favorites, and let's face it I don't even own the trousers)

Edited by Richi1988

2 hours ago, Glastoboy said:

Are Depeche Mode still in the frame or are they ruled out?

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

ruled out - Dave Gahan has said himself that they're not playing next year

Hes hardly going to say we are playing Glastonbury when they have just announced their biggest ever UK gig (anyone any idea how thats selling?)

I so so hope Depeche Mode do it. Not arsed whether they headline or are 4th down on the Glade. FCUK the Roses, its just blah blah guitar.