Coldplay Wristbands

Earthwindandfire2205

there should have been an E-Fests meet (mandatory meeting...u lose account if you don't show up) at 11:45pm Sunday, so that all those who go along and rip Coldplay on here could have been 'outed' by what was blinkering on their wrists...Russy would be there taking usernames down...

Edited by tevaburger

We brought our xylobands from the Manchester show a few weeks ago. They normally go into "sleep" mode after the concert ends or you go out of range, as they re-use xylobands during their tour. The battery in these bands lasted for about four songs last night before packing up, so normally, I reckon the sleep mode will last for a few months (as it's just "listening" for a radio signal), but awake mode will obviously drain quicker because the lights use more battery.

the Glastonbury xylobands appear to be custom-made for Glastonbury - they have a slightly different design (with lights in the bulky control unit as well as in the strap) and obviously have Glastonbury branding. As most bands were still flashing well after Coldplay finished, id imagine this batch are programmed to not go into sleep mode but instead just keep cycling through colours, so they make a great addition to your Sunday night entertainment post-Coldplay and also make a neat souvenir for people to play with on their way home and possibly well after the festival ends.

Also, not having them go into sleep mode and appear to "stop working" could incentivise people to take their bands home with them instead of just discarding them into the mud when they go quiet.

Edited by Sidasta

Nice touch, would love to know how much of their fee Coldplay end up spending in all the visuals (and how much of any, was paid for by Glastonbury)

Edit: Maybe I just imagined it or missed it last year, but this year there seemed to be a lot more in the way of extra little bits like confetti, smoke etc across a lot of the acts compared to last?

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

Xylo Bands are property of Coldplay, they came up with the idea, so when they get loaned out per say by venues with DJ'S like Ibiza raves for example Coldplay make a profit.

It seriously looked incredible last night, 80'000 fireflies at the pyramid stage.  Really wish they would release their set on DVD.

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Nice touch, would love to know how much of their fee Coldplay end up spending in all the visuals (and how much of any, was paid for by Glastonbury)

Edit: Maybe I just imagined it or missed it last year, but this year there seemed to be a lot more in the way of extra little bits like confetti, smoke etc across a lot of the acts compared to last?

I noticed the confetti etc... Whilst I'm sure it's bio degradable it was at odds with the leave no trace mantra...

6 hours ago, tevaburger said:

there should have been an E-Fests meet (mandatory meeting...u lose account if you don't show up) at 11:45pm Sunday, so that all those who go along and rip Coldplay on here could have been 'outed' by what was blinkering on their wrists...Russy would be there taking usernames down...

I took the sly route and went but didnt get a wristband. 

Street cred intact. 

Mine was flashing different colours since just before Coldplay started yesterday (and I didn't go to see them either) but it continued all night and all of today until about 30 mins ago. The woman that have me it yesterday mentioned that you could eventually buy a remote control for them but they won't go on sale until September. I'm not sure if that's true at all and also what use it would be?!

The marshall we talked to said they average about 19 hours before they finally go out. 

And yes, I know there are a lot of Coldplay naysayers on here, but they were fantastic again last night.  The tribute to Viola Beach was especially heartfelt and emotional.  Well played Chris and the band - once more you could feel how much Glastonbury means to them - and you can't ask any more than that.