Queuing on the A37

ManchesterGlasto

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, DO NOT use any back roads.  I'm a big fan of the festival and not due to come til tomorrow in any case.  But I'm local and its caused real issues already people going about their business, who generally have a lot of goodwill and patience at this time of the year, don't push your luck!!!

I've just got to work and there's some very unhappy colleagues here!!!!

Also, please pay attention on the A303, conditions aren't great and I passed many festival cars on my way to work with no lights on and sitting in the outside lane not being aware of traffic around them.

Wish you all the best and just think you'll soon be basking in the glory of the festival!!!

4 minutes ago, sunnydaysblue said:

Coming from Cheshire - was planning on setting off at half 9 and it'll take about 4 hours.  Wondering if things will be clear by then??

Honestly I don't think it will be clear till early evening. Its backed up through Glastonbury town and half way back to the motorway. If you set off, maybe stop off at Gordano services and re-assess

27 minutes ago, rikkirascal said:

Actually turns out it's not road works. Looks like it's an accident. They've diverted us off the A303 now. 

It was a pretty horrific accident - we passed it maybe 15-20 minutes after it happened. Involved a van and a couple of cars who were all heading to the festival. Couple of ambulances and lots of police cars in attendance.