Queuing on the A37

ManchesterGlasto

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, morph100 said:

Zoom in on your maps and take the tiny back roads they are so much quicker even if much longer..

Not much point in doing that from where you are. Also some of those roads are very narrow and you could come head to head with anothee vehicle and get stuck.

You just have to sit it out I'm afraid.j

1 minute ago, morph100 said:

Zoom in on your maps and take the tiny back roads they are so much quicker even if much longer..

Please don't take back roads....you're only causing more problems for the locals who have enough to put up with as it is....and giving cause for complaints that could threaten the festival licence.

23 minutes ago, **claire** said:

They haven't got a clue! They've been saying all through the night that blue route is moving slowly & to spend the time waiting planning your days. Patronising isn't the word! :)

How annoying, best they say nothing at all rather than winding people up, sorry you are having a crap time, sure it will be worth it in the end. 
Charm x

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Please don't take back roads....you're only causing more problems for the locals who have enough to put up with as it is....and giving cause for complaints that could threaten the festival licence.

. And they are often shut to non local traffic too.  Don't add to the chaos,  remember there's plenty of time to get you all in,  chill out,  be safe,  and head out later if you get chance

1 minute ago, Morter said:

We were due to set off at 8 but reconsidering now, coming from Bristol, looking to get to orange, do we head GFL advice and wait or crack on?!

I exact same situation. I have the urge to crack on but somethings telling me it's a bad idea. 

Just now, Morter said:

We were due to set off at 8 but reconsidering now, coming from Bristol, looking to get to orange, do we head GFL advice and wait or crack on?!

I'm in Bristol but going back to sleep for a few hours and not leaving till 11 or 13 I reckon, let a few people get in first. I'm camping in south Park mind so no rush as not a popular spot. 

23 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Are you East or West of site?

East mate. Just turned round. Will try again tomorrow or Friday. Have 2 1/2 year old in the back of the car. Can't spend a full day in that queue.

Now!! Where to stay for the night. **gulp**