The state of the ground

Sawdusty surfer

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To sum up the site: in some places the mud is really bad, in some places it's ok, and in others there is no mud at all. The entrance to The Other Stage from the right of the Pyramid is absolutely fubar.

But, they are working very hard to sort it out. Lorries full of wood chip is going down as I type.

Also, it's all drying nicely. 

First 4 pictures look a little alarming, the rest is just usual journalistic scaremongering!!!

Sorry if already posted, scanned back 2 pages and I didnt see it!

http://thetab.com/uk/2016/06/21/horrifying-pictures-glastonbury-currently-looks-like-3804?utm_source=studentxpost&utm_medium=murmur&utm_campaign=xpost

23 minutes ago, deefer6 said:

To sum up the site: in some places the mud is really bad, in some places it's ok, and in others there is no mud at all. The entrance to The Other Stage from the right of the Pyramid is absolutely fubar.

But, they are working very hard to sort it out. Lorries full of wood chip is going down as I type.

Also, it's all drying nicely. 

What does that mean?

9 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

So say you had the choice between an extra set of clothes and a few cans or a pair of trainers what would you do? Already have wellies and boots

Trainers are overrated

I only have trainers for running to the toilet from the tent. Not bothering this year.

Go for the tins and tops...

Edited by Alcatraz

PGB is awful! A mixture of sticky suck you off mud and liquid mud, it will take one hell of a trolley to make it through.  The higher car parks are fine, parked in purple 2 and no mud but high up, purple 1 is shut. The weather has been fine however much more sun is needed before the gates dry out, if you're queuing overnight be aware and be prepared, it will not be a pleasant experience

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

FUBAR is a military acronym for "fucked up beyond all/any recognition/repair/reason/redemption."

I've heard that doctors used to write it on terminally ill paitients records, but that might be an urban myth.

The full acronym was fubarbundy I believe.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

FUBAR is a military acronym for "fucked up beyond all/any recognition/repair/reason/redemption."

I've heard that doctors used to write it on terminally ill paitients records, but that might be an urban myth.

As Yog says, originated in WW2 as shown in Saving Private Ryan and continued through to Vietnam and current day. Am sure however we are not going to need the term this weekend except for someone who has taken their weekends worth of stash in the first few hours.

Loads of wood chippings down right by ped gate b but the path from the car parks is a mess. Some parts are pretty dry, but mostly a mix of really thick sticky mud and really sloppy mud/water. If they manage to get more bark down might but can't see how they will though.

Once inside, pretty much as others are saying. Some places the mud is up to the top of walking boots, but we also spent an hour sat in the grass near the other stage and i only has a slightly damp arse. Silver Hayes was a mess but it always seems to get messy there.

Muddy lane, one of the least muddy tracks on site

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Sorry about reposting the video,  it seems stuck in the reply box! 

ITS DRYING OUT FOLKS!  

Glastonbury Festival 2016 forever to be known as The Great Escape. 

HUZZAH! @Sawdusty Surfer You are a gentleman and a scholar for doing this. If I find/recognise you then I will get you at least 1 drink. Probably more.