• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Yep. Tho we've all always known that.

The real problem Moaniho is going to give Utd is a lack of willingness to walk away. Where could he go? This is his last big job in football, and he';s going to be hard &/or expensive to shift.

Back to Italy for some rehab.

I've already said to mates this is going to be the cherry on the cake for the last 12 months... If your a UKIP voting Liverpool fan who thinks David Bowie was talentless this could be the best year of your life.

1 hour ago, LJS said:

Meanwhile...

"Ajax present East Kilbride with 27 beer crates to mark record wins"

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/ajax-present-east-kilbride-with-27-beer-crates-to-mark-record-wins-1-4279517

Heard about this on sportsound yesterday heading home after us losing to Hibs.

Almost cheered me up! 

Pretty classy from Ajax. Hope they win again next week.

both of Chelsea and Liverpool were on fire over the weekend, and both against teams towards the top of the table too.

I feel a bit sorry for Sturridge not scoring - 5 great chances, 2 off the woodwork, and one off the goalie as a gift for dutch matey* to score ... and all in 15 minutes. 

So, now onto the Scottish World Cup Final.

4 hours ago, zahidf said:

Jose publically criticising Luke Shaw is bang out of order. He is a 21 year old trying to recover from a double leg break which had him out for almost a year. If he needs a bit more time to get over the mental issues associated with it, he should get it without Jose bitching about it

Don't agree.

If he needs time to get over the mental issues, I tell you what don't take the 100k a week in wages.  Is this what modern day football is all has become now? Boss I don't fancy it today as my head isn't right, oh please.

It's this behaviour that is eating away at utd and fair play to Jose, as alot of you know I didn't want Jose. 

It's the not bothered if I play or not, not bothered if we win or not culture at utd at the minute. They've fucked the previous 2 managers over, so I say good one Jose.  Let's fuck of the under achieving light weights and let them play when there head is right elsewhere.

The sooner players like shaw are out of utd, then all the better for utd and fans.

Edited by thetime

7 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

I don't agree with it, but Mourinho isn't unique in it. Ferguson publically criticised players as have several managers. It's been part of football for ages and to single out one manager for it (who has done it before) is ridiculous.

Yep, and it's a valid motivation technique too - tho not necessarily one that every player might respond to.

I overheard a snippet on the radio when in a shop the other day, with a player Moaniho had managed (I forget who) saying something along the lines of Moaniho expecting players to give their all, and not much giving a fuck about players who don't.

So I guess Shaw needs to take that as a 'buck up else you're out of here' thing.

I find it pathetic that a manager feels the need to resort to such "motivational tactics". Behind closed doors Jose should have laid down the law from day one and made sure all players knew what was expected of them under his regime and then when someone like Shaw does not get the message then drag him behind the same door and rip into him for not bucking up. Using the media to do so is a shit way of "motivating" them. It will generate resentment before anything else

Jose has probably done this to start saying goodbye to Shaw

Edited by ThomThomDrum

18 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

I find it pathetic that a manager feels the need to resort to such "motivational tactics". Behind closed doors Jose should have laid down the law from day one and made sure all players knew what was expected of them under his regime and then when someone like Shaw does not get the message then drag him behind the same door and rip into him for not bucking up. Using the media to do so is a shit way of "motivating" them. It will generate resentment before anything else

Jose has probably done this to start saying goodbye to Shaw

for all we know, all of what you suggest might have already happened. :P

Anyone seen that Sherwood has joined Swindon as 'Director of Football' but will have final say on team selection over the current manager Luke Williams (who Sherwood apparently got the job for him back in January) - Sherwood has said that it is a fantastic opportunity for Williams...

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it'll be fun watching the Scotland fans take the goals down at the end of the match...? :P

There is that. Seen a video going around of them going down on the bus. It seemed like every single person on it had a Scotland top and a kilt on. Lunatics.