kaosmark2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Never thought I'd see Koscielny and world class written in the same sentence. 

Really? We live in a world where David Luiz is worth £32M and John Stones £47M, and I know who I'd prefer in my team. Eric Bailly looks a pretty good centre back, but on the whole there aren't too many about these days.

12 minutes ago, Essex_George said:

Danny Ings out for 9 months, knee injury again but not the one he injured before. Got to feel sorry for him, was getting close to first team football again. 

Yeah, must be pretty tough to take. Can't imagine he'll come back the same player.

1 minute ago, big__phil said:

Really? We live in a world where David Luiz is worth £32M and John Stones £47M, and I know who I'd prefer in my team. Eric Bailly looks a pretty good centre back, but on the whole there aren't too many about these days.

I'm unsure what the size of other players' transfer fees has to do with whether Koscielny is world class? 

The definition of world class is subjective, as is our opinion of how good Kolcielny is (obviously). So I am happy to agree to disagree with you. 

4 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Yeah, must be pretty tough to take. Can't imagine he'll come back the same player.

Yeah, an ACL tear and a severe cartilage injury back to back isn't good. 

This sort of thing has come a long way in a relatively short space of time. Even if fat Ronaldo had have done his knees now he would've recovered a lot better with modern care

35 minutes ago, big__phil said:

You could be right..I haven't seen lots of him this year yet. Liverpool have conceeded a lot of goals though...

they have, tho mostly the goals have come from the other side of the defence to his side (due to Moreno & Lovren).

He might not be the best in the league, tho as a freebie he's got to rate as fantastic value.

2 hours ago, TheSilence said:

On that note, noticed Alan Shearer reckons Aguero is the only world class player in the Prem . Normally I agree with him but I've got to disagree when there's players like Hazard, De Bruyne, Silva, De Gea in the same competition 

The question is would Real Madrid or Barcelona aggressively go after those players, I'm not convinced they would. I have even read de gea is not as highly rated in Spain as England and Madrid fans were pretty apathetic about him joining them.

I find that crazy. De Gea is the best keeper in the Premier League in my opinion.

It's a weird thing over in Spain.. I wouldn't say any of their keepers are "world class" whereas I think we have 3 or 4 of them in our league - De Gea, Lloris, Courtois and Cech. Yet I don't think the big Spanish teams are particularly interested in any of them.

My opinion on who is the best Goalkeeper in the prem has changed fairly recently. Used to think De Gea was top but now would probably go with Loris.

I define a world class footballer as someone who would get into a world squad (11 plus 5? subs) - Aguero, Loris, Alderweireld, De Bruyne and maybe Bellerin for me.

12 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Severe overrating of Bellerin in here. He'd be nowhere near a world XI squad.

Who's your right back?

Its a weak postion currently in world football. A few aging veterans who undoubtedly would have earned their place a few years ago and a few young potentials. Its why i said 'maybe Bellerin'.

52 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

and has leaked goals when he has.

Of the 13 against, four (I think) are down to him to some degree. So that's 20% of games but 30% of goals conceded, so worthy of mention as a weak spot i'd say.

If you are claiming Moreno was at fault for one of Palace's goals then thats a bit harsh - he didnt close down the cross well enough granted but no-one tracked the run and Lovren didnt attack the cross - hardly just his fault. 

In fact Moreno looked good against Palace, used his attacking influence to largely stifle one of Palace's most dangerous players. You dont just have to be a good tackler to put your mark on the opposing winger.

I'd be more looking at Karius and Lovren for the frailties in their defence.

24 minutes ago, mjsell said:

If you are claiming Moreno was at fault for one of Palace's goals then thats a bit harsh - he didnt close down the cross well enough granted but no-one tracked the run and Lovren didnt attack the cross - hardly just his fault. 

In fact Moreno looked good against Palace, used his attacking influence to largely stifle one of Palace's most dangerous players. You dont just have to be a good tackler to put your mark on the opposing winger.

I'd be more looking at Karius and Lovren for the frailties in their defence.

Moreno was far from dreadful against Palace, but he still should have better closed down the cross so I don't think it's unfair to throw some of it his way - particularly when I'd mentioned Lovren as another weaker spot anyway.

I wasn't trying to single anyone out, I was pointing out that Matip is clear of any responsibility for some of the goals.The weaknesses at the back tend to be in the parts of the pitch he's less responsible for.

edit: with my record I've just guaranteed him a shocker in the next match. :P

Edited by eFestivals

2 hours ago, TheSilence said:

Do you not? I think he knows what he's talking about most of the time. Im no genius when it comes to football anyway, if i was I'd probably not support Everton :P 

I really don't. I think he's one of the worst pundits around, he either makes really banal, blindingly obvious comments, or repeats what someone else has just said. I don't feel he offers any insight at all, I still don't understand why the BBC kept him over Lee Dixon when they had their spat.