Football 16-17

kaosmark2

26 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Not that surprising though when you think back. Torres 50m, Alonso 30m, Suarez 60m, Sterling 35m, Benteke 27m etc. Its not a great stat though because it basically means all their best players keep leaving.

Some of your numbers there are v creative Nal.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/26/2016 at 10:44 AM, thetime said:

So Nal what's happened to all this attacking football Jose was going to do?

Most shots at the weekend for any team since stats began. 

But yep, still didn't score.

Some of your numbers there are v creative Nal.

Are they? Was just going off the reported figures. 

Edited by The Nal

49 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

£50 to take an under 16 to our game against Arsenal. Affordable football in action :lol:

I was about to say you should look in the Young Gunners enclosure, but you'll want to be in the away end I assume. Fingers crossed you sort something out.

They really should cap away ticket prices. They talked about it a few years back, but I don't think anything actually came of it.

10 minutes ago, big__phil said:

I was about to say you should look in the Young Gunners enclosure, but you'll want to be in the away end I assume. Fingers crossed you sort something out.

They really should cap away ticket prices. They talked about it a few years back, but I don't think anything actually came of it.

Sorry should have been clearer - this is for a home game. I'm not interested in going, I have a ticket if I wanted to go, just an observation. Gold & Sullivan managed to push through the move by hoodwinking fans into believing bollock catchphrases like affordable football - charging £50 for a five year old (for example) is not in my definition of affordable football.

As someone (one of many) that doesn't like Mourinho, I'm really enjoying his footballing struggled at the moment. Not doubt things will get better, but they'll probably be too far back by the time they do.

On a different note. Being a LFC fan I have a massive love for Rafa Benitez and know how well he can do in cup competitions. Put £10 on Newcastle to win the EFL Cup at 25/1 before their win in midweek. Obviously want us to win it but it wouldn't surprise me if Rafa managed it. 

1 hour ago, TheGayTent said:

Some performance by City this, even with Barcelona's absentees. 

Was it though? 2nd half the performance was good. Not quite as good as the first 40 minutes from Barca. Seemed as if they switched off, conceded and then never got going again. 

Still a good win, of course. 

22 minutes ago, big__phil said:

I know you were all probably watching the City game, but that Ozil goal....ooooosh. Talk about composure.

Got to be one of the best i've seen all season. What a talent. World class on his day. 

On that note, noticed Alan Shearer reckons Aguero is the only world class player in the Prem . Normally I agree with him but I've got to disagree when there's players like Hazard, De Bruyne, Silva, De Gea in the same competition 

2 minutes ago, TheSilence said:

Got to be one of the best i've seen all season. What a talent. World class on his day. 

On that note, noticed Alan Shearer reckons Aguero is the only world class player in the Prem . Normally I agree with him but I've got to disagree when there's players like Hazard, De Bruyne, Silva, De Gea in the same competition 

'World class' is a bit of a loose term, but you could probably add Bellerin and maybe Koscielny (not just my Arsenal bias - honestly!) to that list. You could also probably make a pretty good argument for Sterling based on what he's doing so far this season.

Apparently Carragher wrote the other day that Coutinho could end up at Barca or similar, such is his talent. Hard to disagree when he's on form - he can drift in and out of games though.

Just now, big__phil said:

'World class' is a bit of a loose term, but you could probably add Bellerin and maybe Koscielny (not just my Arsenal bias - honestly!) to that list. You could also probably make a pretty good argument for Sterling based on what he's doing so far this season.

Apparently Carragher wrote the other day that Coutinho could end up at Barca or similar, such is his talent. Hard to disagree when he's on form - he can drift in and out of games though.

In that case I'd like to add Lukaku and Idrissa Gueye to the list :P 

yeah, Coutinho is a top talent. Whenever I watch Liverpool I do sometimes wonder when the last time I saw him on the ball was, though. Anyone who can bang them in like him is gonna be in high demand. I think Liverpool may struggle to keep hold of him next year. 

17 minutes ago, TheSilence said:

yeah, Coutinho is a top talent. Whenever I watch Liverpool I do sometimes wonder when the last time I saw him on the ball was, though. Anyone who can bang them in like him is gonna be in high demand. I think Liverpool may struggle to keep hold of him next year. 

I'm surprised they've kept him this long to be honest - and the profit will be very good on him too (bought for £8.5M), so I reckon he won't be too reluctantly sold either despite being one of the more important players.

If Liverpool can keep picking up players like Firmino and Mane for the £25M mark it should all work out good.