kaosmark2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

because every football match has to bring in extra police and security, thus making it the norm so it's not extra police and security? :lol:

The piffle is you pretending that the need for extra is normal.

Even Chris Waddl4e asked last night how come the match - the West Ham match, not any other match - was allowed to go ahead when everyone knew it was going to kick off.
(I'm not sure what his alrternative was to the match going ahead, mind you).

The correct answer to all of this is West Ham getting kicked out of that stadium.

On 10/27/2016 at 11:25 AM, mjsell said:

Yeah it hadnt occured to me until last night about how badly designed that stadium is for segregating at football matches. Do you think that was even a discussion point when giving you the stadium?

Given that at our first league game, the turnstile printed on my access card, led me to walking through the away section of the concourse, I don't think they had in the slightest. 

Also during those first games, there was basically a little fence separating the supporters in the upper tier.

All that being said, its not as bad as the media make out and most of it is nothing more than you will see up and down the country every weekend. Just there are weak points in the segregation which means the thugs can get across too each other.

On 10/27/2016 at 11:53 AM, eFestivals said:

because every football match has to bring in extra police and security, thus making it the norm so it's not extra police and security? :lol:

Maybe the Manchester clubs should have had extra security then?

There are extra police at loads of higher risk games through out the season, its nothing new. Just other grounds by the way they are build are easier to keep supporters separated after spending 90 minutes swearing at each other.

On a lighter note, the ground finally felt a bit like home, the noise generated was brilliant and the team played the best they have all season. Its finally starting to click again :D Exciting times ahead!

Edited by LondonTom

On 27/10/2016 at 10:07 AM, mjsell said:

And until he goes to a team that is not considered the top in a country and creates a legacy there then I will not consider him to be 'one of the greats'. ).

The trouble is I think you are judging modern day managers by the criteria we have used to assess the great managers of the past.  The legacy type managers are rare in 2016, managers tend to stay for a few years and then move on to the next challenge.  If your at a big club you dont get the patience that a Ferguson and Wenger have had in the past.

While Pep has only succeeded at big clubs, it should be noted that his predecessors and successors have not walked into big jobs and neither will the current incumbent. I have often heard people talk about Pep needing to prove himself at a mid table team, but the top managers dont manage mid table teams. its not really his fault that he started at a top club.

I think its very difficult to compare managers from different eras, I would consider both Alex Ferguson and Pep great managers, but think both were suited to the time/club when they managed and neither would have adapted to the situation where the other man excelled.

1 hour ago, TheSilence said:

Quite fancy Chelsea to win it to be honest, from what I've seen of them they're looking fantastic. 

The Arsenal game? :P

Thing is, Arsenal, City, Chelsea and Liverpool have all looked fantastic at times. Titles are won on how many points teams pick up when they're playing mediocre football though. I kinda expect Liverpool to fuck that up more than the others, but none of them have positive pedigree atm.

6 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

The Arsenal game? :P

Thing is, Arsenal, City, Chelsea and Liverpool have all looked fantastic at times. Titles are won on how many points teams pick up when they're playing mediocre football though. I kinda expect Liverpool to fuck that up more than the others, but none of them have positive pedigree atm.

I'm seeing the finishing top 4 as City, Arsenal, Liverpool & Chelsea, cos they're all banging in the goals - and it's usually the highest scoring teams who end up at the top.

Who finishes where is a different guess, tho as things stand at the mo I'd say Liverpool are prime position, just because they've played the teams around them (except city) and done well, while the other teams will drop points against each other in the next two months while Liverpool play more minor teams.

Plenty of room there still for anyone to fuck it up, tho, as we're only 1/4 thru the season, and as mentioned above Chelsea are the improving team.

I've been most impressed by Liverpool, although I think the goalkeeper maybe the weak link when the pressure is on at the business  end of the season.

If Liverpool can keep injury free, a bit like Leicester and Chelsea did in the previous 2 season's then they are strong favourites.

Arsenal will do there usual and fad in the winter, then suddenly string a few results at the back end of the season.

City still rely on aguero being fit, if he can stop fit they may sneak it. Although I don't think city's defence is to great, I would question there centrebacks when the pressure is on and going far in cl.

Liverpool

City

Arsenal

Spurs

24 minutes ago, thetime said:

I've been most impressed by Liverpool, although I think the goalkeeper maybe the weak link when the pressure is on at the business  end of the season.

If Liverpool can keep injury free, a bit like Leicester and Chelsea did in the previous 2 season's then they are strong favourites.

Arsenal will do there usual and fad in the winter, then suddenly string a few results at the back end of the season.

City still rely on aguero being fit, if he can stop fit they may sneak it. Although I don't think city's defence is to great, I would question there centrebacks when the pressure is on and going far in cl.

Liverpool

City

Arsenal

Spurs

Goalkeeper and defence are both a bit iffy for liverpool, tho having said that the top three all have very similar goals against. Meanwhile Liverpool have scored the most goal this year - and they're getting better, too (goals from players all over the pitch) - so I'm not entirely sure how much that might cost them - particular now they seem to have lost some of the nervousness when the other team score; yesterday really was them knowing "we're going to score more than you".

As for the goalie, I'm certainly not convinced he's even as good as Mig, but as I saw plenty point out yesterday he's still bedding in. DdG was pretty dreadful when he first joined Utd, so maybe it'll be the same here.

But, I think, City will get their shit together, and won't continue as iffy as they've been lately. And i think Arsenal are going to have less of a bad spell this year too .... so I still reckon they're both likely to be above Liverpool if everything were equal.

Where it's not equal is with Europe tho. How much of a difference that might make we'll see.

God, I'd go into hiding if Liverpool won the league! 

Liverpool to have a tendency to perform against the bigger teams anyway, it's often the smaller teams they have issues against but if they can sturdy their defence then theyve definitely got a chance. 

Completely forgot about Arsenal v Chelsea. Pretty poor but their performances against Leicester and United were honestly world class performances. I didn't even think United performed *that* badly, they were just outclassed. (Watch them get battered 4-0 by Saints today now :P)

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

And yet still further along than many (myself included) thought they'd be. Before the season started, I thought we had a chance of top 4, but none at all of winning league. Expected to just miss out on top 4 but be in with a shout of it all season. Now I'd be gutted if we finished outside of it. Still don't think we'll win league but think we'll be there or thereabouts all season. 

It's what being a fan is about. Game yesterday was enthralling. LFC most entertaining side in the league by a distance.

31 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

And yet still further along than many (myself included) thought they'd be. Before the season started, I thought we had a chance of top 4, but none at all of winning league. Expected to just miss out on top 4 but be in with a shout of it all season. Now I'd be gutted if we finished outside of it. Still don't think we'll win league but think we'll be there or thereabouts all season. 

I'm with you, with that they're currently doing better than I'd expected.

But then again, it's still a bit early to really know, and it might be just like last season they'll again be (mostly) beating the better teams but dropping points to the weaker ones. The next 9 weeks will shake that one out, I guess.

6 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Interesting stat from football weekly. Liverpool top worldwide in terms of transfer fees revieved since 2010.

Not that surprising though when you think back. Torres 50m, Alonso 30m, Suarez 60m, Sterling 35m, Benteke 27m etc. Its not a great stat though because it basically means all their best players keep leaving. 

Something that won't happen under Klopp I don't think.

See Frank De Boer has been sacked by Inter. After 3 months. :rolleyes: The man to save Sunderland?

8 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Interesting stat from football weekly. Liverpool top worldwide in terms of transfer fees revieved since 2010. Followed by Valencia, Juventus, Benfica and Porto.

Its their massive rotation of players and the recent trnd of the big guys wanting to leave...........the net spend figures interest me.

LFCs net spend since then is about £149m. Utds is near £380m for that same time period and that include a huge wad inward for selling CR!  

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Not that surprising though when you think back. Torres 50m, Alonso 30m, Suarez 60m, Sterling 35m, Benteke 27m etc. Its not a great stat though because it basically means all their best players keep leaving. 

Something that won't happen under Klopp I don't think.

See Frank De Boer has been sacked by Inter. After 3 months. :rolleyes: The man to save Sunderland?

If you look at the same question from 2011 (dropping the Torres fee out), they wouldn't figure in the top 3. Stats can be made to suit whatever you like. 

Thought FDB was an odd appointment in the first place. Other than perhaps Sacchi, I can't think of a manager who had success in Serie A that utilised Dutch style football.