kaosmark2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, big__phil said:

I for one am thrilled that José got the win last night. Hopefully he can stay in the job for a very long time...

Any idea why Rooney didn't make the squad last night? Was he totally dropped, or has he got a knock?

He was injured last week. His it for the Fenerbache match which I doubt Mourinho was pleased with. 

11 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Looks like there was quite a bit of fighting at Upton Park / The Olympic Stadium / The Boris Johnson Stadium last night. Seems like West Ham might have a bit of problem again. Anyone remember the Man Utd game last year? Starting to become a bit more regular...

A lot of hassle yeah. Fucking apes. Morons will get a lifetime ban too. HD cameras all over the ground!

I think many a forgetting this point. Nice to be on a "shit run" and still be top of the table!

And yeah Pep was well happy being dumped out by the looks of it. Never saw a manager smile so much after losing a derby. 

He was right to be happy with some of younger lads performances. Maffeo and Garcia were excellent at times. 

Edited by The Nal

23 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Why don't you like him?

Its not that i dislike him as such, but I dont like the fact he is considered one of the greatest managers of all time (according to some).

He did well at Barca (obviously) but his successes were a direct result of the foundations laid by managers before him (mainly Cruyff) which allowed him to mould the players to his playing style quickly - Plus when youve got players like Messi in his prime you are going to win things no matter what (please dont think this is me taking away from his acheievments because i do agree he was a good manager there).

Then he moved to the best team in Europe - and one of the best teams I've ever seen play - who had just destroyed Barca 7-0 over 2 legs and simply made them worse. And until he goes to a team that is not considered the top in a country and creates a legacy there then I will not consider him to be 'one of the greats'. Even at City - they have generally been accepted as having the best squad for the last few years (favourites going into each of the last 3 seasons I believe) and has then spent the amount he has - If they dont win the league this year I would see that as a failure on his part (much like Pellegrini last year).

Edited by mjsell

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

Looks like there was quite a bit of fighting at Upton Park / The Olympic Stadium / The Boris Johnson Stadium last night. Seems like West Ham might have a bit of problem again. Anyone remember the Man Utd game last year? Starting to become a bit more regular...

Tessa Jowell or Lord Coe would be more appropriate. 

Society has a problem, it's never gone away. Improved policing, intelligence, stewarding and CCTV has done a lot at preventing it inside grounds, but the problem has never gone away. 

West Ham's problem is that the ground is badly designed for football and segregation is difficult. Particularly when stewarding and segregation is out of their control. 

There wasn't much fighting last night, a lot of plastic bottle throwing, a lot of posturing, and some handbags. 

Both occasions that incidents occurred was started by Chelsea supporters. Once when a Chelsea fan came over from their area into the netted segregation area, and then again when they tried spanning the no man's land area at the back of the lower tier as they were leaving in droves at 2-0 with 5 mins to go. Edited to add - you can quite clearly see this in the video linked to above. 

However, there was plenty of morons from both sides, and plenty of WHU supporters who were more than happy to retaliate.

Shame, as it was a bloody good game. 

Edited by TheGayTent

12 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Tessa Jowell or Lord Coe would be more appropriate. 

Society has a problem, it's never gone away. Improved policing, intelligence, stewarding and CCTV has done a lot at preventing it inside grounds, but the problem has never gone away. 

West Ham's problem is that the ground is badly designed for football and segregation is difficult. Particularly when stewarding and segregation is out of their control. 

There wasn't much fighting last night, a lot of plastic bottle throwing, a lot of posturing, and some handbags. 

Both occasions that incidents occurred was started by Chelsea supporters. Once when a Chelsea fan came over from their area into the netted segregation area, and then again when they tried spanning the no man's land area at the back of the lower tier as they were leaving in droves at 2-0 with 5 mins to go. Edited to add - you can quite clearly see this in the video linked to above. 

However, there was plenty of morons from both sides, and plenty of WHU supporters who were more than happy to retaliate.

Shame, as it was a bloody good game. 

Yeah it hadnt occured to me until last night about how badly designed that stadium is for segregating at football matches. Do you think that was even a discussion point when giving you the stadium?

And you are right, I was discussing this with a mate the other day  - football fans are such c**ts. Pretty much every other sport you dont even need segregation in the crowds and it makes the atmosphere so much friendlier and more enjoyable - but it relies on all the fans being a decent human being and you just dont have that in football.

PS: I'm sure there are plenty of other sports that segregate - I am making an assumtion based on my experiences of Rugby, Cricket, NFL, Aussie Rules and Basketball

3 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Yeah it hadnt occured to me until last night about how badly designed that stadium is for segregating at football matches. Do you think that was even a discussion point when giving you the stadium?

And you are right, I was discussing this with a mate the other day  - football fans are such c**ts. Pretty much every other sport you dont even need segregation in the crowds and it makes the atmosphere so much friendlier and more enjoyable - but it relies on all the fans being a decent human being and you just dont have that in football.

PS: I'm sure there are plenty of other sports that segregate - I am making an assumtion based on my experiences of Rugby, Cricket, NFL, Aussie Rules and Basketball

Given how badly everything else about the stadium move was handled it wouldn't surprise me if segregation wasn't even discussed. The sad thing is, it could be resolved between now and the next game if anyone in a decision making capacity had a sliver of knowledge about football crowds and a bit of common sense. 

PS - not all football fans are c**ts. A tiny minority are, just as in life generally. 

5 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Even for you that's an extremely idiotic statement. 

I'll make another Chelsea, West Ham, and Leeds were in the late1970's home to racist and right wing groups such as the National Front and the Head Hunters -  who felt legitimised by the words of certain members of the conservatives back benches and right wing press

ringing any bells?

5 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

I'll make another Chelsea, West Ham, and Leeds were in the late1970's home to racist and right wing groups such as the National Front and the Head Hunters -  who felt legitimised by the words of certain members of the conservatives back benches and right wing press

ringing any bells?

Happened at Chelsea definitely. Can't really comment about Leeds. 

Never ever happened at West Ham and that fact is widely acknowledged. By making such a statement just proves to me your complete lack of knowledge on the issue.

18 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Piffle. 

because every football match has to bring in extra police and security, thus making it the norm so it's not extra police and security? :lol:

The piffle is you pretending that the need for extra is normal.

Even Chris Waddl4e asked last night how come the match - the West Ham match, not any other match - was allowed to go ahead when everyone knew it was going to kick off.
(I'm not sure what his alrternative was to the match going ahead, mind you).

11 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Happened at Chelsea definitely. Can't really comment about Leeds. 

Never ever happened at West Ham and that fact is widely acknowledged. By making such a statement just proves to me your complete lack of knowledge on the issue.

three words - Inner City Firm

14 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

:lol:

Keep digging your hole! 

The InTer City Firm were neither racist nor neo-nazi. 

Go have a chat with Carol Chambers....might take you a while to work out who he is....

Is that not the equivelant to saying "I'm not racist, I've got a black mate"

I have assumed you are talking about Cass Pennant? correct me if I'm wrong?

Edited by mjsell

2 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Is that not the equivelant to saying "I'm not racist, I've got a black mate"

No. 

The ICF were violent thugs. They weren't right wing, racist, violent thugs. The NF attempted to infiltrate lots of football gangs in the late 70s and early 80s. They were successful in some places and not in others. One of the two clubs playing last night had Combat 18, the other didn't. 

I'm quite happy for people to label some WHU supporters as thugs if they like. Some undoubtedly are. 

However, if people make shit up I'll gladly call them out on it.