EE Glastonbury App

grayfitz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, jumbomcnutt said:

Looks like they are charging £20. Which for that money you may as well get one of these that charges your phone fully 5 times: http://amzn.to/1Wy6llq there are more expensive ones from Anker that will charge even more times, but for 5 days at Glasto, the cheaper one will be enough.

Yep it's well worth bringing your own one if you want to use a smartphone, and I've found that the phone charging stations at the lockups will happily take the brick as they charge off the same micro USB.

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Does anyone actually use the app? I really don't see a need for it

I've downloaded it just cos I can't resist anything Glastonbury right now. Don't envisage using it much if at all when I'm there though, battery's crap. May get one of these juice bar things though.. 

I've never used the recharge tent, not really sure how it works.. Can you hand your phone in, sod off while it's charging and come back or do you have to wait? Might go up to Greenfields and get on one of those exercise bike/phone charger things that tend to be knocking around. Or I might not bother, just have a great weekend without any connection to the outside world.

3 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

I've downloaded it just cos I can't resist anything Glastonbury right now. Don't envisage using it much if at all when I'm there though, battery's crap. May get one of these juice bar things though.. 

I've never used the recharge tent, not really sure how it works.. Can you hand your phone in, sod off while it's charging and come back or do you have to wait? Might go up to Greenfields and get on one of those exercise bike/phone charger things that tend to be knocking around. Or I might not bother, just have a great weekend without any connection to the outside world.

Well at least you've made your mind up, Rich, you decisive little so-and-so.

;-)

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Didn't think the first power bar was free. Thought you bought one but then got free swapsies all weekend.

if you were an EE customer the first one free

well I think it cost you the same as a text to get the code but essentially free

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

Well at least you've made your mind up, Rich, you decisive little so-and-so.

;-)

If I'm this bad at deciding how or whether to charge me phone up, imagine what I'm like with lineup clashes.

25 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

You can leave it at the lockups  and a lot of stalls in greenfields charging and pick up later. The tents you used to wait them last time I used them (Orange tent in 2007). 

I've never used lock up either, what's the going rate on these things? Eh I'll just go for whatever means the least queuing.

Wouldnt think this'll be my 7th Glastonbury, would you?

8 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Never used them. Think lock up is free but donations welcomed and stalls in greenfield a fiver from what I've heard.

I take an old Nokia brick and if the battery dies on the last day and the missus can't get hold of me, so be it.

Aye, think I'm gonna have to make some attempt to keep the battery up though, got a Glastonbury virgin wife coming with us, not gonna be joined at the hip or owt but think she'd quite like to meet us at some point :P

6 hours ago, Sidasta said:

So who's this? This is one of the "Live Bands" say William's green on the Thursday. No description, just a photo. The second Live Band doesn't have a photo so I don't think it's a placeholder image...

image.png

Buzzing about this, it's going to be a march on from Stone Bridge Bar after Baggy Mondays to get down there though.....I doubt it'll matter even turning up 5 mins before the set starts as they aren't big enough to pack it out like Wolf Alice were.

6 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Does anyone actually use the app? I really don't see a need for it

Yes, it's handy for when there is weather issues or a set time change for some reason. The option below is also handy to still have phone power to use it.

3 hours ago, maelzoid said:

£20 for the 'juice tube' is a freaking rip-off, considering the power bars were free!  Especially as they are for Glastonbury only.  Anker 20100 all the way!

But if you aren't an EE customer don't think you think other people on different network providers were pissed off and felt a little conned that it was costing them 20x what it was an EE user? It makes it all fair now for everyone. Just because EE supplied to place doesn't mean they should have a benefit.....it's not an O2 etc's fault there is no tent for them.

On the upside I am glad you have noted the Anker 20100 as I have just purchased one of these.

£20 for the charger?

They are having a Giraffe, I bought this chap from that Brazilian river company, I forget the name?

51c%2B0MEMtML._SL1000_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B014K97UO0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fifteen squids, only slightly less capacity c.f. the Anker.

Should give me at least four full charges, which assuming I have the phone in the car charger till I get on site should mean a charge Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat night and then back in the car on Monday morning and my phone usually lasts more than a full day so it shouldn't take a full charge each night so probably enough left for Sunday.

19 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

£20 for the charger?

They are having a Giraffe, I bought this chap from that Brazilian river company, I forget the name?

51c%2B0MEMtML._SL1000_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B014K97UO0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fifteen squids, only slightly less capacity c.f. the Anker.

Should give me at least four full charges, which assuming I have the phone in the car charger till I get on site should mean a charge Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat night and then back in the car on Monday morning and my phone usually lasts more than a full day so it shouldn't take a full charge each night so probably enough left for Sunday.

I was split between one of these, very good price for this mind, defo in comparison to the high capacity one, the Lumsing and the Anker 20100.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Buzzing about this, it's going to be a march on from Stone Bridge Bar after Baggy Mondays to get down there though.....I doubt it'll matter even turning up 5 mins before the set starts as they aren't big enough to pack it out like Wolf Alice were.

People will still think its somebody else unless it reads DMA'S in the programme. You'll still wanna get there very early if you wanna see them.

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

People will still think its somebody else unless it reads DMA'S in the programme. You'll still wanna get there very early if you wanna see them.

This is very much the problem.. It'll still be packed as people will wait in anticipation of someone bigger.

1 hour ago, gluther said:

Just checked the lineup on the app and for some reason Williams Green isn't on there except a couple of things Thursday. Seems like there are other bits missing too, going by the clashfinder. Anyone else had a similar problem?

Just had a quick look and mine seems fine however the other day it seemed like a few bits were missing.

Or even better then the anker try this one for size from ec technology https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00F5Q4F0U/ref=aw_d_var_2nd_electronics_img?qid=1465477843&sr=8-1-spell&vs=1 massive capacity more then enough for a week or more charging and 2 different amp rating charging ports...more powerful one is meant for tablets as they are more juice but also charges phones faster as well I've found ...and it's currently only 20 quid same price as ees price of junk. Had mine for about 3 years now still not let me down.

So its £20 for an ee power bar which is around 3000mah,which will only charge your phone once and you can only exchange it once per day? Or you could buy a 20000mah one off if amazon with multiple usb ports for £20 and charge yours and your mates phones up at night and not have to find the ee tent