Lineup 2018

49 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Just a question out of curiosity, if Foos were to play, what album would you want them to play the most of? Obviously, they will play a lot of Concrete and Gold but other than that? Basically what your favorite albums? 

I love Wasting Light myself and There Is Nothing Left To Lose :)

The self titled album for me is and always will be my favourite album by them! I remember buying it the day it came out! Man i love the track 'For All the Cows'

Edited by TornShaun
  • Upvote 1

Just a thought, but surely if the reason that AM and Foos won’t perform in the same festival is because FR don’t want to blow two headliners in one year, then surely it would make more sense for them to have AM this year and Foos next year, because AM will probs play Glastonbury next year so would not play RandL whereas Foos would still be available next year. Meaning they could have two big Headliners in a row as opposed to having Foos this year then a Mediocre Headliner Next year and then AM in 2020.

Also another thought surely in the year off for Glastonbury, FR want to try and get as many people attracted to RandL as Possible and AM would achieve this feat to a greater extent than Foos.

Again I am not some Festival predicting guru was just speaking my mind.

1 minute ago, Chris Vincent said:

Just a thought, but surely if the reason that AM and Foos won’t perform in the same festival is because FR don’t want to blow two headliners in one year, then surely it would make more sense for them to have AM this year and Foos next year, because AM will probs play Glastonbury next year so would not play RandL whereas Foos would still be available next year. Meaning they could have two big Headliners in a row as opposed to having Foos this year then a Mediocre Headliner Next year and then AM in 2020.

Also another thought surely in the year off for Glastonbury, FR want to try and get as many people attracted to RandL as Possible and AM would achieve this feat to a greater extent than Foos.

Again I am not some Festival predicting guru was just speaking my mind.

I feel Foos would be just as good at selling tickets compared to AM. They sold out 3 stadiums within 5 minutes... Plus, AM could do next year even if they had glasto but if they didnt 2020 would be fine and maybe get someone like Greenday for 2019. 

2 minutes ago, Chris Vincent said:

Meaning they could have two big Headliners in a row as opposed to having Foos this year then a Mediocre Headliner Next year and then AM in 2020.

Arctic Monkeys and Foos aren't the only two 'big' headliners R&L could get ffs. I'd say Green Day and Kanye are both possibilities for 2019 as well and are definitely some of the largest acts R&L could book.

Also, there's no guarantee that Foos will still be touring next year, where as AM definitely will be.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Arctic Monkeys and Foos aren't the only two 'big' headliners R&L could get ffs. I'd say Green Day and Kanye are both possibilities for 2019 as well and are definitely some of the largest acts R&L could book.

Also, there's no guarantee that Foos will still be touring next year, where as AM definitely will be.

I'd be happy with Foos this year and Green Day next year! I would die a happy person having never seen either live!

1 minute ago, TornShaun said:

I'd be happy with Foos this year and Green Day next year! I would die a happy person having never seen either live!

I'm currently predicting Royal Blood / Imagine Dragons, Kendrick, Foos this year and The 1975, Green Day, BMTH next year. Although of course 2019 is far too far away to have any real idea as to who will headline (although I'd say there's a really decent chance of The 1975 being one of them).

34 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I'm currently predicting Royal Blood / Imagine Dragons, Kendrick, Foos this year and The 1975, Green Day, BMTH next year. Although of course 2019 is far too far away to have any real idea as to who will headline (although I'd say there's a really decent chance of The 1975 being one of them).

2 up and coming headliners that aren't co-headlining in one year seems a bit weak, usually seems like if they'e bumping new bands for the headliner it's co-headlining or on the bill with 2 other well established acts.

11 minutes ago, Bandit Tom said:

2 up and coming headliners that aren't co-headlining in one year seems a bit weak, usually seems like if they'e bumping new bands for the headliner it's co-headlining or on the bill with 2 other well established acts.

Yeah but The 1975 aren't really up-and-coming anymore, or certainly won't be by 2019 when they've got another album out. They're one of the biggest bands in the UK rn.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah but The 1975 aren't really up-and-coming anymore, or certainly won't be by 2019 when they've got another album out. They're one of the biggest bands in the UK rn.

They'd still be first time headliners. I still think BMTH would be more likely for Download next year, they can do it the year after anyway. I'd expect they'd want a rapper (like Kanye or Drake) if they possibly can instead.

26 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

They'd still be first time headliners. I still think BMTH would be more likely for Download next year, they can do it the year after anyway. I'd expect they'd want a rapper (like Kanye or Drake) if they possibly can instead.

Imagine if BMTH and Smashing Pumpkins were both at download 2019 

2 hours ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Just a question out of curiosity, if Foos were to play, what album would you want them to play the most of? Obviously, they will play a lot of Concrete and Gold but other than that? Basically what your favorite albums? 

I love Wasting Light myself and There Is Nothing Left To Lose :)

Wasting Light is my favourite album, I'd love a lot of Colour and the Shape as well. They're setlist in 2012 was one of the best setlists they've ever played at a festival, maybe even better than the last Rock am Ring show. So many songs that they would never play at a headline festival set.

Edit: Favourite Foos album I should say, it's actually second behind Ziggy Stardust.

Edited by Aech

5 minutes ago, Aech said:

Wasting Light is my favourite album, I'd love a lot of Colour and the Shape as well. 

Wasting Light is my favourite album of all time. When I saw them at the o2 they played 5/11 songs from it. What's even more cool is they did the whole thing in Dave's garage. 

4 hours ago, iEJB said:

I'm pretty sure Kendrick and Foo's will headline? I believe Kendrick is preforming in Paris Friday 24th, therefore it's looking like Foo's will play Sunday at Reading and Kendrick Saturday and Sunday at Leeds? Can't see AM being there as I would assume they would want to close on the Sunday at Leeds, like they've always done? But who knows? That's all I've seem to have picked up from this thread?

They headlined the Friday at Leeds in 2009

2 hours ago, somethingpersonal said:

Has anyone posted this in here yet? What’s everyone’s opinion (not mine, it’s circling twitter) 

BC4B8E0D-90A5-4392-B94B-DA7AC535E2E0.jpeg

:lol:

Lily Allen playing, Royal Blood and Stormzy on the NME. Nope.