Lineup 2018

2 minutes ago, Pinkerton101 said:

So far this is the closest I could find to Virgin radio’s post on their twitter from this forum. Maybe I missed one that was more similar or the exact same.

That is because i made that poster fml. I made it back in october (hence why Brand New is on it, Hunnas placement, Stormzy etc.), but one of those fake "R+L leak" twitter account  recently so twitter has picked it up again

I'd rather AM. I'd go to Foos but more because of their reputation live rather than liking them on record. They have some great song but listening to their full albums bore me (I have only given a couple of them a listen tbf). 

Despite this, I would take Smashing Pumpkins or Arcade Fire over both of them. Unfortunately can't see this happening.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

I'd rather AM. I'd go to Foos but more because of their reputation live rather than liking them on record. They have some great song but listening to their full albums bore me (I have only given a couple of them a listen tbf). 

Despite this, I would take Smashing Pumpkins or Arcade Fire over both of them. Unfortunately can't see this happening.

I reckon if a royal blood + someone coheadline wasn't so nailed on then arcade fire would be in with a shout. They'd fit nicely alongside Kendrick and arctics/Foos. Or Theyd fit as a nice alternative to Kendrick. 2019 maybe?

12 minutes ago, Lukie74 said:

With a third 'Coming Soon' tweet I'm starting to believe it may not be as simple as a new PR firm. Maybe a headliner pulled out or something similar that really fucked them over and theyve struggled to handle it 

Or maybe it's not that deep. Perhaps they've just bunned the first two announcements and are giving us the poster straight away this year. Would be perfectly logical, and mirror what FR do with Latitude.

Edited by Zac Quinn

2 minutes ago, Lukie74 said:

With a third 'Coming Soon' tweet I'm starting to believe it may not be as simple as a new PR firm. Maybe a headliner pulled out or something similar that really fucked them over and theyve struggled to handle it 

Nah I think they've just shot themselves in the foot a bit by prematurely saying 'lineup coming soon'. If they just stayed quiet or stuck to the 'lineup early 2018' tweet then people wouldn't be questioning it as much.

Even if someone did drop out, they could have still announced one of the other headliners if they wanted to do things earlier.