Lineup 2018

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Closer is a Chainsmokers song, not Halsey, and so this whole argument is moot. Dua Lipa is making huge waves all on her own and all of her successful singles are her own. I don't think I've heard a single Halsey song outside of that Chainsmokers feature, and her lineup position reflected that. Dua Lipa's would reflect her own much bigger success. 

The charts count Closer as her song. And if it is really annoying, it aint that much different to saying Taylor Swift doesn't have any songs as they are all Max Martin songs or whatever. I mean, Halsey has done really well with both her albums (admittedly not really gotten a hit over here, but in the US has had a couple more). And I think her position reflected that really well.

I think Dua headlining the NME would also suit her popularity just fine, especially at R&L where pop isnt the main focus of the festival. It's the same with SZA who imo would get NME sub, like that aint a bad position to get after their first album.

What people are currently suggesting is that Dua should get a bigger boost than Royal Blood got after their first album...

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Even then. New Rules is literally a meme, Closer means about as much to people buying festival tickets in 2018 as I Don't Wanna Know by Mario Winans.

Oh you're right, the meme importance is so vital, thats why Bag Raiders, Big Shaq and Rick Astley are headlining. Really hoping Baauer and Psy get a slot somewhere......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I'm surprised the 'Brits week' rumour is still so popular given that stuff from the same source - two main stages w/ Fall Out Boy headlining - have fallen by the wayside.

I thought we had had a couple different people say Brits week. Admittedly they could all have gotten it from Dan, but I took it like the "AM not playing R&L" news were multiple people had said they aren't playing. Plus Brits week happens to be the next payday, so really it's just people thinking they won't wait longer than 1 more month (which, tbh if they do those coming soon posts were a real bad plan lmao)

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

By Dua Lipa standards, Halsey has 1 song. Didn't Lipa break some sort of nominations record for this year's BRIT Awards or something?

I'm surprised the 'Brits week' rumour is still so popular given that stuff from the same source - two main stages w/ Fall Out Boy headlining - have fallen by the wayside.

I think it's because a lot of the likely headliners have something going on around brit awards

Foo fighters playing at brits

Royal blood will probably win best group

Imagine dragons UK arena tour starts the week after

Kendrick UK arena tour will have just finished 

13 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I thought we had had a couple different people say Brits week. Admittedly they could all have gotten it from Dan, but I took it like the "AM not playing R&L" news were multiple people had said they aren't playing. Plus Brits week happens to be the next payday, so really it's just people thinking they won't wait longer than 1 more month (which, tbh if they do those coming soon posts were a real bad plan lmao)

We had some predictions. I only ever saw Dan say it as something he'd heard.

The stuff about payday makes sense though however they don't usually tend to base announcements around payday. Probably because a smaller percentage of the target audience are in employment.

6 minutes ago, R Shah said:

I think it's because a lot of the likely headliners have something going on around brit awards

Foo fighters playing at brits

Royal blood will probably win best group

Imagine dragons UK arena tour starts the week after

Kendrick UK arena tour will have just finished 

I don't think people are really gonna be that swayed by Foo Fighters doing a song or Royal Blood picking up best group. Vastly different audiences tune in - there's a reason why Adele went stratospheric at the BRIT Awards and Kanye got Ofcom complaints. Imagine Dragons' tour starting the week after surely lends to the idea of them announcing later than that, so it can be out of the way?

I'm not saying it can't be that week but I certainly don't think it will be announced during/at the awards and it might serve better to be announced before the awards so that R+L can jump on the promo for their bands taking home gongs or doing whatever. I don't really think any week is more or less likely between next week and about mid-March.

3 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Are Death Grips a possibility? If so where would they place? High NME? Not gonna lie, I’d love to see them.

Would love them to play also but I can't see it happening. If they were booked I'd imagine they'd be high NME or even potential Pit headliners.

1 minute ago, DR OK said:

Two stages isn't the strangest thing I've heard. If reading have missed out on AM and Foos like it seems then I could see how two stages with a stronger undercard would work. Seeing as NME is free these days too I wouldn't be surprised if they pay less towards costs 

eh?

13 minutes ago, DR OK said:

Two stages isn't the strangest thing I've heard. If reading have missed out on AM and Foos like it seems then I could see how two stages with a stronger undercard would work. Seeing as NME is free these days too I wouldn't be surprised if they pay less towards costs 

They havant missed out AM or foos at all haha?? Foo are strongly rumoured :/

Don't know if this has been brought up- but 2 days ago it was revealed that most of smashing pumpkins original line-up are back in the studio working on a new album. Doubt theyd headline this year, But do we think 2019 may be a possibility? Last time was 2007 and alongside arctics and a more modern co headliner like 1975/fall out boy/bmth/imagine dragons/catfish/paramore do you think theyd fit?

Edited by R Shah