James Blake

Hutchmaster

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Colour In Anything is, officially, bloody brilliant!

And even if it is a bit long, there are enough of the fantastic tracks scattered throughout. Just had My Willing Heart on. Can you imagine that drifting over and through us at WH on a balmy Saturday night. Just amazing.

Ben

On 9 May 2016 at 9:39 AM, angelin said:

I tried to get tickets for his London gig this motning. Sold out quicker than Glasto. Gutted really. Is he deffo on the same time as New Order?

Get yourself a Green Man ticket then I guess - he'll get a full set there. I was a bit disappointed with him as a headliner but I stand corrected

25 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

And even if it is a bit long, there are enough of the fantastic tracks scattered throughout. Just had My Willing Heart on. Can you imagine that drifting over and through us at WH on a balmy Saturday night. Just amazing.

Ben

Definitely agree with you there Ben, fantastic album. Didn't give it much of a listen at first with it coinciding with A Moon Shaped Pool, but I've given it a good go the past couple of days.

His vocals are stunning on several tracks - as good as there is in the business at the minute, in my opinion.

With the album being so long, I find that shuffle works best when listening to it, rather than in track listing order. 

Edited by st dan

27 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

He's became quite simply a must see for me, the new record is phenomenal 

I really hate to say this, but I'm not enjoying this album anywhere near as much as Overgrown :(

There's some good stuff in there, but some tunes are a little too James Blake. If you see what I mean. I get about 8 tracks in and Ive had enough.

Damn it.

Maybe it's Radiohead's fault.

6 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Haha, I've not actually heard the new Radiohead album yet. I like the two songs I've heard but I can't be bothered listening to the rest until it's out on CD/spotify. 

I guess that's fair enough haha. A Moon Shaped Pool is my favourite, obviously. I mean this is hardly the place to be having opinions on music where Radiohead aren't the best band in the world!

The Colour In Anything is outstanding, I really wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do! 

JB is firmly at the top end of my 'must see' list now. Timeless, My Willing Heart, Points, Choose Me, Modern Soul, Love Me In Whatever Way are all huge tracks... I hope he can squeeze them all in! And hopefully Justin Vernon fancies making a trip to the farm again as a Forest Fire rendition would be frickin' beautiful :).

12 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

deffo at the top of my list. just hope its not a bad clash. hoping for a night time set too. pref opposite muse.

Saturday night on West Holts up against Adele and New Order mate.

8 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Radiohead's is my favourite so far but JB is currently winning the fight with Kendrick for 2nd place.

I don't really count Kendrick's. Has a few good ones but most of it isn't in the same league as his proper releases, in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Junglist1981 said:

I really hate to say this, but I'm not enjoying this album anywhere near as much as Overgrown :(

There's some good stuff in there, but some tunes are a little too James Blake. If you see what I mean. I get about 8 tracks in and Ive had enough.

Damn it.

Maybe it's Radiohead's fault.

With you Junglist - been super busy so only one listen in but yes almost too James Blake. Just hoping he mixes up new and old (he will won't he?).

21 hours ago, Odessa said:

Saturday night on West Holts up against Adele and New Order mate.

I don't really count Kendrick's. Has a few good ones but most of it isn't in the same league as his proper releases, in my opinion. 

Is that for definite? i thought no stage splits have been announced yet?

6 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

Is that for definite? i thought no stage splits have been announced yet?

i can't remember exactly how we found this out (i'm sure somebody has a better idea than me) but it's an almost certainty that he'll be headlining West Holts on the Saturday night

Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video

Setlist from a couple of days ago. Very strong! Glad to see Choose Me, Always and Timeless from the new album especially. No idea what song Giving Up is? Would like to see Noise Above Our Heads and I Need A Forest Fire added.

Shame Lindisfarne II, Limit To Your Love and Digital Lion have been cut from previous setlists but needs must.

This will be an amazing Saturday night.