Silver Hayes Lineup

pastorofmuppets

3 minutes ago, Calum stoke said:

Damn, yeah you're right sorry. Buggers having it overlapping the line and tricking me. Haha.

But, if anyone can get get to Keele Uni this Saturday Jungle are definitely doing a Dj set!!! Haha. 

I also thought it was Jungle on first glance and was gutted when it wasn't haha! Best of luck with your DJ set this Saturday with them!!!! 

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, jed300 said:

See you at Mura Masa, Danny.

Most definitely my good sir. 

I'll be the one hysterically crying, screaming, and then fainting and being carried over the barrier 30 seconds into the first song like a teenage girl at a 1D concert. 

Never read a poster with so many names I don't recognise.  God, I'm old.

Don't spend much time round Silver Hayes as dance/hip-hop type music (unless it's in a dark sweaty club and I've taken something) doesn't really grab me that much and just feels wrong in the daylight.  That said, I'd happily watch Blackalicious and Kiko Bun, so may pop down, clashes depending of course.

1 hour ago, jackarmy said:

I thought that, but noticed it's not The Neville Staple Band, but rather Nev toasting/MCing over a DJ playing tunes.

Could be on either I suppose!

Ahh I didn't see that. You're probably right about The Blues. Can't see him playing anywhere else on there.

I saw 'DJ Luck and MC Neat' a few years ago at the Portsmouth Bandstand. It was both enjoyable and laughable, it wasn't even Luck on the decks but they played 'With a little bit of luck' for about 20 mins at the end and everyone was going wild for it. I felt like I'd ticked them off the list and not sure if I'd go out of the way to see them again but nice for nostalgia purposes.

34 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

pretty much none of them

there will be some on the lineup overall but silver hayes and indeed glastonbury in general doesnt cater too well to this style.

Adam Beyer played arcadia last year and about 3 years ago dettmann and klock played

some of the DJs on there might bust out a little of this genre within a multi genre set but there's no one there that stands out to me as being typical of the style.

Maceo Plex has got to be one of the biggest tech DJs in the world atm, was brilliant on Arcadia last year

21 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Glastonbury continuing there boycott of anything trance/ progressive. Find it truly bizarre.  Or have I missed someone?

Trance struggles to get a decent night/crowd in even Ibiza would be suprised to see a decent number of trance DJs in glasto tbh

Maceo Plex, Kate Tempest, Kano & DJ Premier all essentials for me hopefully avoid some clashes.

Wouldn't mind seeing Bicep, Eats Everything, Four Tet, Claptone, Maribu State and Stormzy aswell.

No Circo Loco this year which is a shame, hopefully the Essential Mix has some decent secret guests, hoping for Solomun

6 minutes ago, drchickenburger said:

Check out Novelist and Toddla T on YouTube. I would link it for you but I am currently on a bus in the middle of Thai countryside so can't. 

Well worth a listen though. 

In the middle of Thai countryside eh? Alright for some! Your roaming bill's going to be huge tho.

* i realise this is a typo.

12 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

YInI saw 'DJ Luck and MC Neat' a few years ago at the Portsmouth Bandstand. It was both enjoyable and laughable, it wasn't even Luck on the decks but they played 'With a little bit of luck' for about 20 mins at the end and everyone was going wild for it. I felt like I'd ticked them off the list and not sure if I'd go out of the way to see them again but nice for nostalgia purposes.

With a little bit of luck, piano loco and I'm sorry would give me half hour of Being 18 again! 

Wonder where they will play, surely not too high

25 minutes ago, sloseph said:

yeah i'd class him as mostly Hip Hop

he did his Breakfast of Champions album live on the Glade last year which was one of my festival highlights

Another vote for Breakfast of Champions - straight after Cassetteboy too!

38 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Does anyone know what DJ Premier spins when he DJ's? Is it a selection from throughout his career?

We saw him in Bristol the other year, played loads of classic hip hop and then loads of Gangstarr. His selection is good, and he's good at hyping the crowd, but technically he's no Jazzy Jeff. 

Worth seeing for the 20 Gangstarr classics he'll play b2b

And he'll definitely play In Memory Of with shouts to Prince, David Bowie, Phife Dawg, Guru and Big L into Full Clip. Imagine that'll go off!