Reusable pint glasses

brettredmayne

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MattDavies__ said:

Couple of years back, when St Austell were running the Cornish arms on site they were giving these away whenever you asked for a beer carrier. Damned useful - I think I managed to acquire two or three of them which have then been to every glasto since!

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't see the issue with losing any as souvenirs. £5 doesn't seem like a nominal fee, it seems like a reasonable price for such a cup.

the problem would be, tho, that they'd need many more cups at the start of operations, to account for the ones that get snaffled away - because the system is going to need all of the cups for the wash and re-use part to work.

It's not insurmountable, but things get more complicated if it's not just a cups operation but is instead a cups & souvenir operation.

21 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't see the issue with losing any as souvenirs. £5 doesn't seem like a nominal fee, it seems like a reasonable price for such a cup.

at Latitude its built into the system that many will never be returned and they even have a collectors edition - but its a massive operation and very difficult to get the stock to match demand - I know when it was first tried at Latitude there was some years where we had to go back to using paper cups - the reusable cups were in stock but they could not reach that bar that night and I can imagine Glastonbury will also encounter problems.

I'm going to say it... Sounds like a bit of a pain to me.

I always stack up my cardboard cups & keep a couple in my back pocket when not being used.

A nice lady I was chatting to gave me her plastic Glasto backstage cup last year. I just threw it in my tent & kept it as a souvenier, never bothered using it as it would have been a ball ache to carry around. It's currently in my kitchen filled with stolen salt & pepper from various fast food restaurants. Looks nice though.

Edited by Couchy

I'm going to say something else. I've used the cardboard cups to wee in when I've not been able to make it to a toilet. Not ideal but I always dispose of the contents in the proper way, do it extremely discreetly & make sure I don't use that cup as part of my stack, if I'm paying attention. I would never do it in a crowd for example

12 minutes ago, Couchy said:

I'm going to say something else. I've used the cardboard cups to wee in when I've not been able to make it to a toilet. Not ideal but I always dispose of the contents in the proper way, do it extremely discreetly & make sure I don't use that cup as part of my stack, if I'm paying attention. I would never do it in a crowd for example

:ph34r: you terrible person :ph34r:

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

the problem would be, tho, that they'd need many more cups at the start of operations, to account for the ones that get snaffled away - because the system is going to need all of the cups for the wash and re-use part to work.

It's not insurmountable, but things get more complicated if it's not just a cups operation but is instead a cups & souvenir operation.

wouldn't this help the steel industry. If they had to make more every year. 

23 minutes ago, Couchy said:

are you only pissing out 1 pint at a time? or do you line up a few cups if your tank feels a little full?

I went to a small festival last year that was operating the 10p deposit system. Naturally, the kids got into it and saw it as a lucrative pocket-money making scheme. I'm not proud to admit that I actually wound up charging 5p a cup to these kids for my empties. In my head, I was teaching them something about commerce, but really I was just being a drunken dick.