Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I thought that was Michael and he said 1st June. I may be dreaming.

I remember it as Michael or Emily saying it was the 1st June, then someone asked her on Instagram closer to the time and she confirmed it was going to be the 2nd June.

42 minutes ago, joelovesleeds! said:

For someone who doesn't like dance music this has been a frustrating week to end a frustrating month waiting for an announcement! Hoping for something more to get my teeth into next week. :rolleyes:

Get yourself along to John Fairhurst at The Common.

47 minutes ago, joelovesleeds! said:

For someone who doesn't like dance music this has been a frustrating week to end a frustrating month waiting for an announcement! Hoping for something more to get my teeth into next week. :rolleyes:

For someone who does like dance music, it's been a frustrating week too!

46 minutes ago, LeeGalvin said:

For someone who does like dance music, it's been a frustrating week too!

That's how I feel, though I'm not surprised. There seems to be a big difference in the kind of electronic music that is popular in the UK and the one that's popular in Germany. Am I right in thinking that Drum 'n' Bass is still a very big thing in the UK? For me the only acts standing out are Four Tet (and he's playing almost every year) and Floating Points. I would love to see more acts like DJ Koze, John Talabot, Modeselektor, Solomun, Pantha Du Prince, Christian Löffler, Howling etc. on the lineup. I know many of those have played Glastonbury in some year, but they're always hugely outnumbered by Drum 'n' Bass and Dubstep. Is this a Glastonbury specific kinda thing or does it reflect the general taste of the UK?

I wouldn't be a major fan of drum n bass or dubstep. Dubstep in particular got boring very fast, not sure why it's still around. I'm more of a house, disco, techno listener but there's still plenty on that and Silver Hayes list for me and more to come in The Glade I assume?

2 hours ago, Madyaker said:

I wouldn't be a major fan of drum n bass or dubstep. Dubstep in particular got boring very fast, not sure why it's still around. I'm more of a house, disco, techno listener but there's still plenty on that and Silver Hayes list for me and more to come in The Glade I assume?

You'll be interested in The Beat Hotel