Adele sub headliner?

Mark Pooler

thought i'd resurrect this as it all seems to have gone a bit topsy turvy again. changed my mind from 'it's Radiohead' to 'it's probably not Radiohead', and somebody over in the Radiohead thread claims to have heard it's not them but is somebody else who is being kept very secret. Neil has also heard similar thing today, although is still sticking with his thoughts on it being Radiohead i think. who the fuck is subbing Adele!? i know we've probably got less than a week until it's revealed (whether it be an act already on the lineup (Disclosure(, a 'special guest' slot under Adele, or a brand new act announced) but it's mind boggling stuff

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

thought i'd resurrect this as it all seems to have gone a bit topsy turvy again. changed my mind from 'it's Radiohead' to 'it's probably not Radiohead', and somebody over in the Radiohead thread claims to have heard it's not them but is somebody else who is being kept very secret. Neil has also heard similar thing today, although is still sticking with his thoughts on it being Radiohead i think. who the fuck is subbing Adele!? i know we've probably got less than a week until it's revealed (whether it be an act already on the lineup (Disclosure(, a 'special guest' slot under Adele, or a brand new act announced) but it's mind boggling stuff

been out the loop for the past few days now where would disclosure be going if they aren't subbing? radiohead news?!

Just now, stocky3000 said:

been out the loop for the past few days now where would disclosure be going if they aren't subbing? radiohead news?!

general thought is that Disclosure will be headlining the Other Stage along with New Order and LCD Soundsystem (Bring Me The Horizon probably sliding down to sub position). Neil has been in contact with a few people who he was hoping would confirm Radiohead as Adele's sub, but it kind of went the other way and put some doubt on it happening, and now somebody has popped up in the Radiohead thread to say they've also heard it won't be them on before Adele. that all said, it still looks likely that Radiohead will be playing the festival - just maybe not in that position 

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

If it's not Radiohead then last year's third headliner situation has shown me everyone is fair game when it comes to Glastonbury.

However, if it's not Radiohead I think it'll be Kendrick.

If it is Kendrick and Radiohead are still playing elsewhere that would be incredible

4 minutes ago, dylangraham said:

Don't think she'd sub, more likely to play a legends slot

Yeah possibly but...

Fewer rumours about international artists, they seem to have wanted her for a while, would be HUGE so could make sense of everyone seemingly trying to keep it a secret, would fit into adele nicely.

I dunno, obviously just speculation!

4 minutes ago, your mother said:

Yeah possibly but...

Fewer rumours about international artists, they seem to have wanted her for a while, would be HUGE so could make sense of everyone seemingly trying to keep it a secret, would fit into adele nicely.

I dunno, obviously just speculation!

Could I get from Dianna Ross to New Order in time? There is not much that would make me miss New Order but I would sacrifice a chunk of them to see Dianna Ross.

Is she on at Fold Fest? 

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

If it's not Radiohead then last year's third headliner situation has shown me everyone is fair game when it comes to Glastonbury.

However, if it's not Radiohead I think it'll be Kendrick.

As much as I'd like to see the Radiohead geeks on here finally get their wish, I would fucking love it to be Kendrick. If it is him, I will never ask the Eavii for anything again. You put on Kendrick Lamar, LCD Soundsystem, Art Garfunkel, Kamasi Washington, Explosions In The Sky in the same year (not to mention goddamn Grimes and Floating Points)? That's it, job done, peak Glastonbury.

5 minutes ago, CHRLY said:

Kendrick would be brilliant. I'm sorta hyped at Neil's earlier suggestion of Beyoncé now tho - that'd be off the scale. 

I'm doing a Dental with this one, 'Yonce full headline set in 2017, accept no imitations. 

Beyonce subbing would be baffling. Why would she do it when she's bigger than she was last time she headlined and could just headline in the next few years instead?

It isn't like the Radiohead situation where they clearly love the festival and could easily not be available again for fucking ages after this year.

4 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

As much as I'd like to see the Radiohead geeks on here finally get their wish, I would fucking love it to be Kendrick. If it is him, I will never ask the Eavii for anything again. You put on Kendrick Lamar, LCD Soundsystem, Art Garfunkel, Kamasi Washington, Explosions In The Sky in the same year (not to mention goddamn Grimes and Floating Points)? That's it, job done, peak Glastonbury.

Well that sounds awfully shite!....bar Art Garfunkel.

Adele being the biggest act in the World means the sub could be a VERY big name in theory. So is it not beyond the bounds of possibility that it could be someone like AC/DC, Beyoncé, Bruce Springsteen, David Gilmour. There's a few of them active this summer. On the other hand, it could be The Lumineers.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

This reminds me of the speculation a few years back about who would possibly open the Other Stage on the Friday.

Would it be Bowie?  Prince?  Daft Punk?

Then the Kaiser Chiefs walked out.

i think we're safe in the knowledge that it'll almost definitely be better/bigger than Ricky and the lads. it's just a case of how much better. must be pretty special if they've managed to keep it this tight lipped