Adele

mumzilla

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Do 'in the round' gigs have a higher capacity than normal ones? You'd think, wouldn't you? I wonder what the capacity is on these bad boys.

U2 apparently squeezed 88,000 in, although they had so much tech going on they still had to block out a load of seats so Adele will presumably go well over 90,000. Foos managed 86,000.

I am actually going to try for seated tickets to take my Mum. (not they are not 175. think they start at 55)

She loved watching the set at Glastonbury, stayed up to watch it all - and sent me a 'sweary text' so say how &*&^* good she was - so unlike my 75 year old Mum

Just be lovely to take Mum to a gig I think she would love

16 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Do 'in the round' gigs have a higher capacity than normal ones? You'd think, wouldn't you? I wonder what the capacity is on these bad boys.

Yeah I think so. I remember the O2 Arena tweeting that Muse's first show there on their tour this year had broken their attendance record, so it must have increased the capacity from the normal setup.

1 hour ago, Dannytc said:

Im trying for the £175 tix, The standing bit is actually within the stage, so she will walk around you, and you get to see the entire area from middle.

Each to their own though I guess!

£175 (or £350 assuming you're going with someone else?) would get you flights and accommodation in somewhere like Berlin or Barcelona for a weekend. With enough left over to pay for the first night out.

I wouldnt suppose the artist gets much of a say about ticket prices - that seems to be the going rate these days for wembley doesnt it? (Not been for years) I was disgusted at paying £60 for the cure at the arena, but could just about justify it. Its a shame really when you have kids that would love to go and see the like of adele but its just too costly, thank goodness for Glastonbury - though mine are in last "free" year so they wont be going for a while.

4 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

I wouldnt suppose the artist gets much of a say about ticket prices - that seems to be the going rate these days for wembley doesnt it? (Not been for years) I was disgusted at paying £60 for the cure at the arena, but could just about justify it. Its a shame really when you have kids that would love to go and see the like of adele but its just too costly, thank goodness for Glastonbury - though mine are in last "free" year so they wont be going for a while.

The artist gets between 60%-90% of the cash. I think the average is 75%. She knows exactly whats being charged and how much she is getting.

Edited by The Nal

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, rzwodezwo said:

"Glastonbury let me hear you" :cry:

IMG_0239.PNG

My daughter still plays this on repeat. I have a bit of a soft spot for that moment too. I didn't know the song at the time. but my girls did and were screaming every word. 

last couple of mins

- oh & Wembley tickets (xmas presents) were more stressful to get than Glastonbury 

23 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

My daughter still plays this on repeat. I have a bit of a soft spot for that moment too. I didn't know the song at the time. but my girls did and were screaming every word. 

last couple of mins

- oh & Wembley tickets (xmas presents) were more stressful to get than Glastonbury 

Out of interest where did you get that cd from?

39 minutes ago, sisco said:

Out of interest where did you get that cd from?

The YouTube video(s) there ^ is where I obtained the videos from via a Firefox Plugin.

I used zamzar.com to convert MP4 files to MP3 files 

& screen shot the image into fireworks & cut to size for a cover 

its all from YouTube. I believe it's i players audio originally 

if anyone wants the Zip il send a link

edit: Firefox plugin for usefulness - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/youtube-video-and-audio-dow/

Edited by Michaels denim shorts

Just now, Michaels denim shorts said:

The YouTube video(s) there ^ is where I obtained the videos from via a Firefox Plugin.

I used zamzar.com to convert MP4 files to MP3 files 

& screen shot the image into fireworks & cut to size for a cover 

its all from YouTube. I believe it's i players audio originally 

if anyone wants the Zip il send a link

Would like it if you could? 

19 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In a year when I've seen all sorts of gigs, Adele gets the ceremonial cupcake for Gig Of The Year

p03zh9lj.jpg

That sense of impending awesomeness when she kicked off Skyfall.  Gonna be looking back fondly on that night for decades to come.

Read this last night and intending to watch just the opening and 'Hello' ended up watching the whole gig.....

I feel the need to openly admit I am more than a little bit in love with the woman.

:wub:

On 11/24/2016 at 3:01 PM, slash's hat said:

Of course they do. She knows exactly how much she's getting and if she was prepared to accept less cash for her troubles the tickets would be cheaper, but obviously she isn't.

12 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Of course they do. She knows exactly how much she's getting and if she was prepared to accept less cash for her troubles the tickets would be cheaper, but obviously she isn't.

This 'golden circle standing' thing is in the middle of the stage this time, isn't it? I don't imagine there'll be many of those tickets so I wouldn't be so sure it's that greedy. The other tickets seem on a par with other stadium tickets.

Edited by dentalplan