Sigur Ros

admscott

18 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah pretty much. Neil had word that the 'two shows' thing was definitely still how it stood recently so looks like that's that!

That's not quite it.

We got back in touch with the guy who'd put "only two UK shows" in the press release for the announcement of the first show, and he said he believed it still stood - but also said "why, have you heard differently?" (or something similar).

Because of where he sits in things he wouldn't necessarily get an update if things had changed, and him asking the question seems to be him recognising that himself .... so it's not impossible that an extra show has been added, even if it's perhaps unlikely.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

That's not quite it.

We got back in touch with the guy who'd put "only two UK shows" in the press release for the announcement of the first show, and he said he believed it still stood - but also said "why, have you heard differently?" (or something similar).

Because of where he sits in things he wouldn't necessarily get an update if things had changed, and him asking the question seems to be him recognising that himself .... so it's not impossible that an extra show has been added, even if it's perhaps unlikely.

Tbh convenient tour dates aside, the only thing making them seem likely was thinking there was nowhere left for them to play that we'd thought of - there really isn't an appropriate venue left at Glastonbury so would've been surprised if they were booked and shoved on West Holts or something

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/03/2016 at 10:57 AM, Justiceforcedave said:

I wouldn't say they're ruled out yet. As has been proved time and time again, what is said in a press release is a moment in time! Just because there was two gigs, doesn't mean there can't be a third now.....or maybe Glasto was always the second gig and this Bristol one is in fact the third.

the third......third, hird,ird ,rd ,d ,d ,d *echo on into infinity*

Excited by this although fairly predictable. They were playing a festival in Bristol on Thursday and I think Dublin on the Sunday.

I'd guess they would possibly be on "Other" maybe late afternoon/early evening on probably the Friday

2 minutes ago, Digital Monkey (Womad) said:

Excited by this although fairly predictable. They were playing a festival in Bristol on Thursday and I think Dublin on the Sunday.

A lot of the muggles here had given up hope because they were only meant to be playing two UK shows this year; one is Citadel in London and the other as you say in Bristol.

9 minutes ago, Digital Monkey (Womad) said:

I'd guess they would possibly be on "Other" maybe late afternoon/early evening on probably the Friday

they will insist on nighttime, especially after the bestival debacle I'd have thought

Edited by russycarps

Won't happen @Justiceforcedave

"sigur rós would like to apologise to anyone disappointed not to see the band’s bestival performance live online last night. early in the day a decision had been made to delay broadcast till after the show to give the band a chance to review the footage ahead of webcast, since they were dismayed that their guaranteed “darkness” slot had been pushed into daylight by the expansive demands of the headliner. the band’s only uk show of the year, this would-be highlight of the 2012 calendar, would have to be conducted without proper lights or visuals. sadly then, a perfect storm of production issues and technical problems conspired to mean that the band went on to have a thoroughly miserable experience on stage too. and to spare everyone’s blushes a decision was made to draw a discrete veil over proceedings. sorry, but we can be so much better than what you missed. another time, for sure."

http://sigur-ros.co.uk/tour/2012/20120909-bestival/