Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm feeling pessimistic. I think this makes the dream seem further away.  The Pyramid top slots seem all tied up now.  Due to Thom's distaste for touring, they're now unlikely to be active next year.  No band lasts forever.  That's it, they'll never play Glastonbury again.  I blew my chances in 1997 and 2003 and will never get another one.  Oh woe.

Outside thought - have Radiohead been so many years away from the mainstream that an Other Stage headline slot is possible?  No, that's just clutching at straws.

On 18/01/2016 at 7:03 PM, Will-2609 said:
8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm feeling pessimistic. I think this makes the dream seem further away.  The Pyramid top slots seem all tied up now.  Due to Thom's distaste for touring, they're now unlikely to be active next year.  No band lasts forever.  That's it, they'll never play Glastonbury again.  I blew my chances in 1997 and 2003 and will never get another one.  Oh woe.

Outside thought - have Radiohead been so many years away from the mainstream that an Other Stage headline slot is possible?  No, that's just clutching at straws.

Hopefully.

I'm pessimistic too, I think they will play 2017 when most likely I cannot go.

It looks like a few festivals here and in the US over the summer and then proper touring starts later in the year.

Ps. you know as well as I; if they play they headline the Pyramid.

Edit: My comment above is a bit stupid as I saw them play the Park last time around....

Edited by ericlered

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

I actually think they're still a reasonable bet for 2017. You just have to accept that they'll be headlining alongside Ed Sheeran.

Do they do the festival circuit 2 years on a row?  When was the last time that happened?  Honest question, I don't have any evidence to hand, I'm just going off the vibe THom gives off in interviews. I hope I've got them wrong...

DOOOMED, WE'RE DOOOOOOOMED!