LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

3 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I was excited, I still am very excited as I know up go and see them whenever they play, but I hope and pray it isn't BST instead of Glastonbury, don't mind if it's as well as

Didnt one of the first people to say about them in here say they had heard a London gig and Glastonbury? 

Reason to believe it was a few of their own gigs in London, not a festival. 

Until things are announced we won't know but I heard glasto and their own gigs rather than BST or Field Day. 

Things could have changed since then and it wouldn't surprise me if BST would have tried to snap them up. 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

LCD Soundsystem at BST would be fucking bizarre. definitely don't see that one happening. Other Stage headliners don't also headline something as huge as BST that same year - Pyramid headliners do, which LCD certainly aren't

Your closest bet for Other stage now is probably LCD, The Prodigy and New Order in no particular order. 

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Your closest bet for Other stage now is probably LCD, The Prodigy and New Order in no particular order. 

not confident that BMTH will be there? The Prodigy don't seem to have anything lined up for that late in the year so until they do, i can't see it being them

Just now, FloorFiller said:

not confident that BMTH will be there? The Prodigy don't seem to have anything lined up for that late in the year so until they do, i can't see it being them

I am yes, but I've never been confident in them as a header, they will still sub it for me. They still have recent April dates added and there isn't much festival wise they can do around that time bar Glasto that they didn't last year lol but it's not an issue being they are from here anyway. I don't see them not doing a 2nd year of stuff tbh, normally I'd say I think V are going to nick them from Reading but if they have the Pendulum live set which I think they do then they aren't nicking anything.

Reading could have a damn strong set for two of the days.

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I am yes, but I've never been confident in them as a header, they will still sub it for me. They still have recent April dates added and there isn't much festival wise they can do around that time bar Glasto that they didn't last year lol but it's not an issue being they are from here anyway. I don't see them not doing a 2nd year of stuff tbh, normally I'd say I think V are going to nick them from Reading but if they have the Pendulum live set which I think they do then they aren't nicking anything.

Reading could have a damn strong set for two of the days.

Is there any info at all for a pendulum live set at v festival or is that just one of your hunches?

As sad as it is I'm actually desperate to see them again...

32 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

LCD Soundsystem at BST would be fucking bizarre. definitely don't see that one happening. Other Stage headliners don't also headline something as huge as BST that same year - Pyramid headliners do, which LCD certainly aren't

Ehh there's not really much point in trying to find consistency in BST's stuff. It'll change as it goes depending on what they can get, and if they already have LCD signed up to a big worldwide contract then it probably won't be much hassle to put that on. Besides, there have been a few acts that people wouldn't have said could headline the Pyramid until they were announced to headline BST, and some that still wouldn't.

31 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

I think they might do Citadel, Glastonbury and Electric Picnic in Ireland

Citadel is one day and the headliner is Sigur Ros. Don't think they'll sub Sigur Ros or owt.

25 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

You've read Gazza's posts, right? He predicts The Prodigy for all the slots at all his favourite festivals. Also BMTH aren't big enough, but neither are New Order or LCD and Glasto will be mocked by the other festivals with that trio...

Edited by dentalplan

7 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Keep fighting the good fight.

Hehehe, i know, tilting at windmills, but i can't let it go. 

I saw the Prodigy on the Other in, i dunno, 95? Anyway, they were young, sneery, righteously angry and full of energy. Was a good night, loved it. But their time has gone, wish they'd fucking accept it.

(mind you, amy, don't get me started on The Cure ;) )

Edited by Mardy
There/their fuckwittery

I thought they were decent in Nottz. Mind you I was fuuuuuuucked and my only real memory other than having fun was yelling 'IBIZA' back at Sleaford Mods guy like all the ladsladslads I usually hate. 

I generally agree though. Last album was bollocks too. 

Edited by MattDavies__

1 hour ago, addicted2noise said:

I think they might do Citadel, Glastonbury and Electric Picnic in Ireland

i'd say there's a very decent chance they'll do Electric Picnic. LCDSS played there a few times, James has DJed at it a few times since, and last year they brought Despacio there for all 3 nights.

If they are there, then I'd imagine Bestival is highly likely too, given that it's the weekend after EP.