kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, The Placid Casual said:

Bestival.

57 minutes ago, rawaudioinput said:

Bestival is a possibility but I think they're a bit too small to be a headliner, bit too big for the undercard

Then again with Bestival anything is possible

Given Bestival might need to continue smaller anyway I don't see an issue.

7 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Greg james just said Hippo Campus are playing R&L next year. Or did i mishear him & he said this year?

Very nice if true! They were pretty good when I saw them in the FR tent in 2015, and have been trying to win tickets to their show at Dingwalls in Jan. I expect them to get much bigger very soon. 

5 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Very nice if true! They were pretty good when I saw them in the FR tent in 2015, and have been trying to win tickets to their show at Dingwalls in Jan. I expect them to get much bigger very soon. 

I just double checked the R&L 2016 poster off the official site & couldn't see them on there.

25 minutes ago, Cavan said:

Death Grips just announced a festival in london, I'm still hoping that they'll get announced.

They're not billed as a UK exclusive as a couple of acts on the Field Day poster are, but I'm not sure about them coming back at the other end of summer. Them touring outside of US is generally quite rare. I do think R+L would be the best UK fest for them - maybe even better than Field Day.

The Prodigy headlining Zürich Openair on Saturday August 26th, meaning that could play Reading Sunday / Leeds Friday. I'll take them as Kasabian's sub, or if Eminem falls through, a co-headline with Royal Blood. 

Muse // Thirty Seconds to Mars // Deftones
Kasabian // Major Lazer // Catfish & The Bottlemen
Royal Blood & The Prodigy // Skepta

Get it done Melvin. 

Edited by JSmurphy

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

The Prodigy headlining Zürich Openair on Saturday August 26th, meaning that could play Reading Sunday / Leeds Friday. I'll take them as Kasabian's sub, or if Eminem falls through, a co-headline with Royal Blood. 

Get it done Melvin. 

Given that they toured European festivals last summer but didn't play in the UK, I'm fully expecting them to crop up at either R&L or Glastonbury. I can't see them taking a sub slot at R&L anymore however so you need the Eminem deal to slip through their fingers. It'd be for the best really.

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Get it done Melvin. 

Nah I don't see it, more likely imo to do another fest over that weekend that is just one day too.

I have called Glasto and V Fest for a long time and think that's what it'll be.

2 hours ago, VCK said:

I'm starting to think that Royal Blood could play the secret set next year, and be kept in reserve to fully headline 2018.

Nah I don't see it, they'll most likely have a record etc out and I doubt they'll have the power to go that long on it. I think it'll be BMTH with a new song or two and go on to do 18.

2 hours ago, The Placid Casual said:

Given that they toured European festivals last summer but didn't play in the UK, I'm fully expecting them to crop up at either R&L or Glastonbury. I can't see them taking a sub slot at R&L anymore however so you need the Eminem deal to slip through their fingers. It'd be for the best really.

I would think them touring Europe and not appearing at Glastonbury or R+L suggests the opposite that there's no reason to get them back this year either. Certainly don't think they'd be headlining - what'd be the point in that at this point? Personal opinion would be that Glastonbury have enough options not to reach out to them again; R+L might not have as many options but they wouldn't be more than a sub.

A bit of a jumble on these tour dates here:

• Major Lazer's say Reading & Leeds / Creamfields Festival on the Saturday and then Reading Festival on the Sunday.
  • Bastille have down Leeds-Reading-Leeds across Fri-Sat-Sun.

Major Lazer's exclusivity would be pretty shite if they're doing Creamfields as well.

I would guess they're both doing Reading Sat/Leeds Sun as those are the only two days down for Lazer and we know that it's not going Leeds Fri/Reading Sat so the first Leeds listing for Bastille must be in error.