2017 festival

kaosmark2

58 minutes ago, thelemon said:

If Jamie T was to play, whereabouts would he go? Sub?

Kasabian//Catfish//TDCC

Eminem//Jamie T//Wolf Alice

Muse//Major Lazer//YM@6

Bastille, The Chainsmokers and Frank Ocean on the NME

That wouldn't be out of the question, and it's fairly strong.

I'm still going with a BMTH secret set as well, so they can get ready to headline next year.

The only two places Jamie T could play are NME headliner or Main Stage Sub in reality, I'm expecting him to headline the NME this year, but he could probably pull off a sub slot too.

Edited by Gozpot

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thelemon said:

If Jamie T was to play, whereabouts would he go? Sub?

Kasabian//Catfish//TDCC

Eminem//Jamie T//Wolf Alice

Muse//Major Lazer//YM@6

Bastille, The Chainsmokers and Frank Ocean on the NME

That wouldn't be out of the question, and it's fairly strong.

I'm still going with a BMTH secret set as well, so they can get ready to headline next year.

You could call it, BMTH to open NME.

4 hours ago, Gozpot said:

The only two places Jamie T could play are NME headliner or Main Stage Sub in reality, I'm expecting him to headline the NME this year, but he could probably pull off a sub slot too.

If he can do the NME why can't he do 3rd main? Yeah he played there two years ago but I doubt they'd care.

1 minute ago, K126 said:

Big Reading and Leeds sized hole in GnRs newly announced tour dates.....

interesting curveball...

Aug 24: Winnipeg Investors Group Field, MB
Aug 27: Regina New Mosaic Stadium At Evraz Place, SK
Aug 30: Edmonton Commonwealth Stadium, AB
Sep 01: Vancouver Place Stadium, BC

So a 'hole' of Friday and Saturday between Canadian shows?

58 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Aug 24: Winnipeg Investors Group Field, MB
Aug 27: Regina New Mosaic Stadium At Evraz Place, SK
Aug 30: Edmonton Commonwealth Stadium, AB
Sep 01: Vancouver Place Stadium, BC

So a 'hole' of Friday and Saturday between Canadian shows?

That's a funny looking Reading and Leeds sized hole to me

13 minutes ago, Odessa said:

£95 for a standing ticket that doesn't even allow you to get close to the stage as there's a "golden circle" that costs about £50 extra?! Horrible that bands can get away with charging these insane prices.

And don't forget about the 315 for golden circle with early entry 

31 minutes ago, Odessa said:

£95 for a standing ticket that doesn't even allow you to get close to the stage as there's a "golden circle" that costs about £50 extra?! Horrible that bands can get away with charging these insane prices.

I'm not sure why some are finding it hard to take the fee's?, I'm not in favor of them but we have to remember that two of these haven't spoke/liked each other or well Axl liking Slash for the best part of 20 years. They weren't suddenly going to sell American gigs at silly priced and sell UK a lot cheaper, I say while in some cases they are!

They will get away with and it will sell out very very quick, just because it's not going to get certain peoples money that have been waiting years for it does not mean it won't get others. RHCP arena tour was £75, you have standard headliners now charging £45-50, can you really expect it to have been £60-70?, they won't get out of bed for that.

25 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm not sure why some are finding it hard to take the fee's?, I'm not in favor of them but we have to remember that two of these haven't spoke/liked each other or well Axl liking Slash for the best part of 20 years. They weren't suddenly going to sell American gigs at silly priced and sell UK a lot cheaper, I say while in some cases they are!

They will get away with and it will sell out very very quick, just because it's not going to get certain peoples money that have been waiting years for it does not mean it won't get others. RHCP arena tour was £75, you have standard headliners now charging £45-50, can you really expect it to have been £60-70?, they won't get out of bed for that.

Could have been 70 standing 100 golden circle.  Wouldn't have been pretty but i think that would have been reasonable in comparison to other rock stadium gigs

23 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I never said other bands all charge a fair price and this is the exception. £75 for Chilis is also obscene, especially considering how fucking dull they are live. 

£60-70 should be the absolute top end of gig tickets. There's absolutely no reason for anyone to charge more than that other than pure greed and having no thought at all for your fans.

23 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Could have been 70 standing 100 golden circle.  Wouldn't have been pretty but i think that would have been reasonable in comparison to other rock stadium gigs

Was never going to be though.

22 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I never said other bands all charge a fair price and this is the exception. £75 for Chilis is also obscene, especially considering how fucking dull they are live. 

£60-70 should be the absolute top end of gig tickets. There's absolutely no reason for anyone to charge more than that other than pure greed and having no thought at all for your fans.

Yeah RHCP was. I didn't say you was, I was just stating. 

I don't think they have gotten back together out of love for the fans have they tbf, I think we can agree that. It's purely for money and we all knew that.