2017 festival

kaosmark2

2 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

The Twitter Muse hashtag is pretty funny today.

It's basically full of 15-17 year old girls moaning that Catfish and the Cabbage men aren't one of the headliners and saying things like 'apart from Bastille the Reading lineup is w*nk*'

Tbf, the lineup is shit. But it goes to show that Catfish is exactly the band that fest is all about as well and could easily still be a sub. ML could go either way.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

The Twitter Muse hashtag is pretty funny today.

It's basically full of 15-17 year old girls moaning that Catfish and the Cabbage men aren't one of the headliners and saying things like 'apart from Bastille the Reading lineup is w*nk*'

My sentiments exactly. I avoid social media like the plague on announcement days. 

7 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

They also headlined the second stage at Parklife and were below Ice Cube, Jamie xx, Jess Glynne, Years and Years and Skepta on the poster.

I thought they'd sub at first but I don't think NME headliner would be out of the question.

If both them and Major Lazer do sub it would mean either no co-headliners or no heavier sub on the Muse day. I could maybe see them sticking Major Lazer below Muse on the heavier day like they had Macklemore below Blink in 2013, but idk.

Yeah same really. They could "sub below coheadliners" for the purists but NME would split some massive crowds up or they could be third down again seeing as that was practically because they were intending to release a new album in time for their last third down slot. Vampire Weekend were third down despite arena tour, O2 Arena etc. so it wouldn't be that barmy.

Agree on Major Lazer subbing Muse. If you don't think Royal Blood will sub - as I don't - there's only really possibly Deftones that could be a 'heavier' sub and I don't think they'd be a great sub option even if they're touring. I had Skepta in the equivalent slot on my last prediction.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah same really. They could "sub below coheadliners" for the purists but NME would split some massive crowds up or they could be third down again seeing as that was practically because they were intending to release a new album in time for their last third down slot. Vampire Weekend were third down despite arena tour, O2 Arena etc. so it wouldn't be that barmy.

Agree on Major Lazer subbing Muse. If you don't think Royal Blood will sub - as I don't - there's only really possibly Deftones that could be a 'heavier' sub and I don't think they'd be a great sub option even if they're touring. I had Skepta in the equivalent slot on my last prediction.

I had Twenty One Pilots down because they seem to be marketed towards the Kerrang! crowd, or You Me at Six (but would be a naff booking), but yeah could see it being Major Lazer. They could maybe have the Lock Up/Pit headliner on before Muse to give the heavier fans something to see.

Just now, Will-2609 said:
Something like this?

Muse - Main headliner
Major Lazer - Main sub
Bastille - NME headliner
Tory Lanez - 1xtra headliner
At the Drive-in - 4th Main
Architects - 5thMain
Glass Animals - 3rd NME
Andy C - Dance headliner
Danny Brown - 4th NME
Against the Current - 7th Main
While She Sleeps - 8th Main

Swap those last two and that's bang on what I'm expecting.

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

I had Twenty One Pilots down because they seem to be marketed towards the Kerrang! crowd, or You Me at Six (but would be a naff booking), but yeah could see it being Major Lazer. They could maybe have the Lock Up/Pit headliner on before Muse to give the heavier fans something to see.

Yeah I'd like Marmozets into letlive., finishing just before Muse start.

8 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Fair enough, don't know a lot about them so just went by the order of the poster.

Fair. I wouldn't know either of their songs but when I made a recent prediction I ended up trapped in a vortex crunching the numbers of every band that's possible to play R+L.

Billy Talent were also part of the press release but not the poster. Obvious Lock Up headliners though so not much debate there.

25 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:
Something like this?

Muse - Main headliner
Major Lazer - Main sub
Bastille - NME headliner
Architects - 5thMain
Glass Animals - 3rd NME
Andy C - Dance headliner
Danny Brown - 4th NME

Agree with most of those. I'd swap ATC and WSS positions around, though, and I think that Architects could easily play fourth or fifth.

Muse Day?

Muse / Twenty One Pilots / You Me At Six / At The Drive-In / Architects / Billy Talent / While She Sleeps / Against The Current / Creeper

Edited by Andre91

2 hours ago, Will-2609 said:
Something like this?

Muse - Main headliner
Major Lazer - Main sub
Bastille - NME headliner
Architects - 5thMain
Glass Animals - 3rd NME
Andy C - Dance headliner
Danny Brown - 4th NME

WSS below current causes internal bleeding 

Muse - Main Headliner

Major Lazer - Main Sub

Bastille - NME Headliner

Tory Lanez - 1xtra Headliner

At The Drive-In - Pit/Lock Up Headliner

Architects - 5th Main

Glass Animals - FR Headliner? (Don't really know enough about them)

Andy C - Dance Headliner

Danny Brown - 4th NME

Against The Current - 8th Main

While She Sleeps - 7th/8th Main

Edited by Gozpot

7 hours ago, Will-2609 said:
Something like this?

Muse - Main headliner
Major Lazer - Main sub
Bastille - Main Sub
Architects - 5thMain
Glass Animals - 3rd NME
Andy C - Dance headliner
Danny Brown - 4th NME
While She Sleeps - 8th Main   Pit Headliner

30 minutes ago, nxckdxxp said:

Could Architects headline the Pit?

Potentially, although i'd expect them on Main Stage, as one of the hottest acts in the British Metal scene and on an exclusive it'd seem like they really wanna put them on display and where better than the Main Stage for that!

1 hour ago, conroy17 said:

Could they pull it off? I'd love to see it and would be there with bells on regardless of who they clash with but If I'm correct the last two years they've played they've been in the pit so I'd expect 7th on main or maybe early-mid NME

1 minute ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I wonder if Billy Talent weren't on the official announcement as they're gonna headline the pit so they'll let Dan P Carter announce it on Sunday.

Good logic there, could see it happening, would like it if they did double duty in the same way JEW did in 2014.