2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

You might be right when you talk to modern teenagers but dance music has only really recently taken ahold of the major music festival market where it mainly used to be about rock music and Reading was a big name for it around the world.

I guess. This probably matters quite a lot to bands as well as they probably grew up when Reading was in it's hey-day.

1 hour ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

How much tv presence does Creamfields get though? R+L still regularly gets tv time every year because it's such an iconic festival across the world. 

I think Creamfields does the whole streaming thing on the internets like Coachella.

32 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

On a scale of 1 to 10; how many people do you think will be watching YMAS on the NME Stage?

Against Kasabian I can't exactly see them packing the tent out. They'll pull a decent crowd but I don't think playing against Kasabian is going to do the perception of what sized crowd they can pull any good.  

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

TBH I have no idea what I am going to do Friday night. I don't really care for Kasabian, Fatboy Slim is a bit before my time and YM@6 is YM@6. Hoping for someone good on The Pit or Festival Republic stage.

I'm in the same boat as you (even though FBS is my era, just not my thing), i like about 5 Kasabian songs, watched YM@6 in 2014 and they're not my thing! I hoping something good on The Pit!

At least you know with FBS and Kasabian there's going to be a few songs you know and both will have a great party atmosphere. There's bound to be something on at least one of the other stages. YM@6 is going to get hammered in that slot. They'd have been better off playing third or fourth down main tbh.

I guess Shikari might be a decent shout for 3rd down under Muse as someone suggested earlier. They obviously have a reason to not be announced yet (Slam Dunk), and am I right in thinking they have a new album this year? They're a very good fit for a Muse day, too. Only thing is they don't have any dates lined up past May or something I don't think. Were they claimed as an exclusive by Slam Dunk?

Muse / Chance the Rapper / Enter Shikari / Blossoms / Architects

HAIM / Halsey

There was definitely some info being passed around last year that Bloc Party were headlining NME. They were added as a SR on the rumours page on 03/12/15 (having trouble trying to link a post from another thread), and if you look through 2016's thread they pretty much made everyone's prediction until January time. They were added alongside Crystal Castles who did end up playing NME so I'm convinced there was something in it. 

30 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I guess Shikari might be a decent shout for 3rd down under Muse as someone suggested earlier. They obviously have a reason to not be announced yet (Slam Dunk), and am I right in thinking they have a new album this year? They're a very good fit for a Muse day, too. Only thing is they don't have any dates lined up past May or something I don't think. Were they claimed as an exclusive by Slam Dunk?

Muse / Chance the Rapper / Enter Shikari / Blossoms / Architects

HAIM / Halsey

Seems realistic to me. I don't think there is anything saying Shikari are exclusive to Slam Dunk, just Don Broco. Shikari with a new album (or at least a couple of singles with an album confirmed for later in the year) would be a great booking. 

Slam Dunk were very careful in their wording when they announced Enter Shikari, billing it as a UK festival exclusive... of their 'Take to the Skies Celebration'. You'd think they'd outright claim outright exclusivity if that's the case. Yeah the more I think about it the more I see it happening. 

50 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

There was definitely some info being passed around last year that Bloc Party were headlining NME. They were added as a SR on the rumours page on 03/12/15 (having trouble trying to link a post from another thread), and if you look through 2016's thread they pretty much made everyone's prediction until January time. They were added alongside Crystal Castles who did end up playing NME so I'm convinced there was something in it. 

Yeah and also they were in the same info from the Transgressive Records dude that gave us Foals and Disclosure headlining at one of the Foals shows (November?). Probably on an exclusive too given they ended up not playing anywhere.

14 minutes ago, AdamJansson88 said:

just in case people were thinking shikari are gonna play, they've tweeted quite a few similar tweets, nothing stopping shikari sound system though.

IMG_1040.PNG

That's interesting. If AFI weren't 3rd down they'd be an ideal 3rd down on the Saturday at Download if they're not at Reading and Leeds.