2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Wouldn't the Giggs set on the 1xtra be at 10 as well anyway? either way he'd be closing a stage? I just don't see how else he would have ended that high up on the poster. At the least he would have been put on the end after Halsey surely if he was playing that far down?

1xtra tent is half the size, he'd have no trouble filling that out. The time is not the issue, it's just that the NME tent would be fucking dead if he were to play that late on.

2 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Giggs surely not headlining 1 Xtra based on that position. 

He's two positions higher on the poster than G-Eazy was last year. If we're assuming there are 2 TBAs to be added on that day then they'd shift him down to the same position as G-Eazy had.

It's like saying "HAIM surely not playing 3rd down based on that position". Well yeah, not usually, but there are probably 1 or 2 acts to add above them.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Got more chance of headlining NME than Radio 1

I mean the NME stage is the Radio One stage.

7 minutes ago, Connnr said:

Any hope for Drenge, Stone Sour and Enter Shikari? 

Enter Shikari are quite likely i'd day, as they are headlining Slam dunk they might be held back. Stone Sour possibly although could not see reading going for them at all, but saying that i was shocked at 5FDP last year. Not sure on Drenge (don't really know enough about them).

Apologies in advance, I'd hate any guy that would shamelessly self plug like this. Me and my partner are struggling to find our summer festival plans, and are therefore trying to get at least one ticket through the ambassador scheme for Leeds. Any Leeds goers looking for a weekend ticket, I would appreciate it a lot if you'd drop me a message and buy through our link. 

Apologies again, cheers guys x

Not seen this posted here yet, but it does suggest no Royal Blood, Liam Gallagher or Justice. Obviously it is possible still (Circa Waves is doing it) It's just not likely as getting back from Japan in one week is a bit of a trek.

Also not seen this posted, but I think it pretty much rules out Clean Bandit, Stormzy, Busted etc. AFAIK they ain't listed as exclusives, but I cant see them doing V and Reading the weekend after each other.

Since when was getting back from Japan in a week a bit of a trek? 60 years ago when we didn't have commercial jet flights? Fair enough if they've got shows on during the mid-week after that festival, but hardly a stretch to get back from playing Japan on a weekend and then playing in the UK the next weekend. I came back from 2 weeks in Japan on business a few years back and was back to work the next day. 

Edited by Pop Punk Sucks

7 hours ago, thelemon said:

This is a bit out-there and I can't see it myself but Soundgarden have a Spring your and they're working on an album. I'd they're around in the summer is there any chance of a Muse sub? Like I said I think it's unlikely but stranger things have happened.

To be Fair, in the context of Reading Festival,I can't think of many stranger things