2017 festival

kaosmark2

Too far fetched for Drenge to headline (or at least sub) the pit? if they get their album out on time 

28 minutes ago, Han Ford said:

I'm considering getting a Sunday day ticket now, it might be a much weaker day than Saturday but that day ticket has sold out so quickly. I suppose you'd expect Friday to be the next one to sell out though.

I think Sunday will be the last to sell out on terms of headliner alone, regardless of who's underneath unless it's huge, I agree Muse is a better pull than Kasabian but it looked like they was less well received on the whole . Eminem was always going to sell out stupidly fast anyway

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Too far fetched for Drenge to headline (or at least sub) the pit? if they get their album out on time 

I think Sunday will be the last to sell out on terms of headliner alone, regardless of who's underneath unless it's huge, I agree Muse is a better pull than Kasabian but it looked like they was less well received on the whole . Eminem was always going to sell out stupidly fast anyway

Really? It's a bank holiday weekend whereas Friday is still generally a work day (for the R+L goers in full time employment - perhaps not many) so I would assume Sunday sells quicker but I've no facts on that.

Kasabian playing one of their first shows on a new album seems bigger than Muse doing one of their last on Drones. Feels like it's more their crowd too. But I guess we'll see.

Think Drenge are too small to headline the Pit, maybe too small to sub it. I don't think they've got any bigger since their first album. New record should be a ripper but I can't see it booting them up a line up.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Really? It's a bank holiday weekend whereas Friday is still generally a work day (for the R+L goers in full time employment - perhaps not many) so I would assume Sunday sells quicker but I've no facts on that.

Kasabian playing one of their first shows on a new album seems bigger than Muse doing one of their last on Drones. Feels like it's more their crowd too. But I guess we'll see.

Think Drenge are too small to headline the Pit, maybe too small to sub it. I don't think they've got any bigger since their first album. New record should be a ripper but I can't see it booting them up a line up.

very true, didn't take that into account, just based on the lineup solely i can see Kasabian selling out before Muse.

You could be right, but Drenge managed early up NME in 2014 then around 1-2pm mainstage in 2015, pulled a decent crowd for each, unless they go back to NME, around the same place Frank Carter is expected to play this year and where slaves played 2015 ?

6 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

very true, didn't take that into account, just based on the lineup solely i can see Kasabian selling out before Muse.

You could be right, but Drenge managed early up NME in 2014 then around 1-2pm mainstage in 2015, pulled a decent crowd for each, unless they go back to NME, around the same place Frank Carter is expected to play this year and where slaves played 2015 ?

Yeah I think something like that would work. Or evening FR but that's a hard stage to predict when you have, like, bands with two singles at the same level as Third Eye Blind or someone. :P

That said I'd have expected them to pop up on some more festi line ups if they were back. Don't think they have any dates anywhere lined up.

After Gorillaz announcing their first date for this year, headlining their own festival in June, do people think that maybe it's possible that they'll sub for MUSE? It might explain why they haven't announced them yet....

Though tbh I think maybe their too big to sub, especially as it's their comeback. A man can dream though...

9 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

After Gorillaz announcing their first date for this year, headlining their own festival in June, do people think that maybe it's possible that they'll sub for MUSE? It might explain why they haven't announced them yet....

Though tbh I think maybe their too big to sub, especially as it's their comeback. A man can dream though...

Capacity for that festival is 4k. I imagine it selling out quite quickly, but they did say it was the start of shows being announced. Dependent on the size of the other shows it could be quite possible with the size of margate for them to sub muse. 

Kasabian // Bastille // Two Door Cinema Club // TBA // TBA // Circa Waves // Rat Boy // TBA // The Amazons

You Me At Six // Jimmy Eat World // Billy Talent // Mallory Knox

Eminem // Major Lazer // Korn // At The Drive In // Marmozets // TBA // While She Sleeps // Black Lips // Cabbage

Flume // Glass Animals // Everything Everything // Sundara Karma // Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

Muse // TBA // TBA // Haim // Blossoms // Architects // TBA // The Hunna // The Sherlocks

TBA // Giggs // Halsey // Charlie XCX

24 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Gorillaz aren't going to play R&L. 

Any reason why? I don't think they have played R+L in the past, and if they don't get announced to play Glasto in their announcement I think R+L would make a lot of sense (can't see their only UK fest going to be in a small town in Kent, and I don't know any other festival suitable for them).

It's their only festival anywhere, and it's promoted by the peeps behind Coachella, Panorama and British Summer Time - all of whom have their complete line ups out - so it's not like there wasn't other shit they could play as opposed to opening for Muse at R+L where as you say they've never played.

Edited by dentalplan

27 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Eminem has sold out much faster than last time, it was the 5th of july I believe last time with green day selling out a week or 2 later.

Probably down to a combination of it being four years since he last did a UK festival, whereas in 2013 it'd been two years, and day tickets being cheaper now.

1 hour ago, Muppetmark said:

Eminem has sold out much faster than last time, it was the 5th of july I believe last time with green day selling out a week or 2 later.

I'm sure he sold out way before July last time, Reading wasn't on sale long at all for him before selling out.

47 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Probably down to a combination of it being four years since he last did a UK festival, whereas in 2013 it'd been two years, and day tickets being cheaper now.

There were those two sold out Wembley shows too. I think he's just one of those acts that are just a massive ticket shifter with those people you didn't even know were into live music. At least Major Lazer will get em going but it'll probably suck for the bands playing main stage that day.

Just now, Will-2609 said:

Not sure but @dentalplan might know.

It'll be some sight when that confederate flag unfurls on the 1xtra stage.

Just now, dentalplan said:

There were those two sold out Wembley shows too. I think he's just one of those acts that are just a massive ticket shifter with those people you didn't even know were into live music. At least Major Lazer will get em going but it'll probably suck for the bands playing main stage that day.

It'll be some sight when that confederate flag unfurls on the 1xtra stage.

Would love to see that flag flying the 1xtra stage! :D