2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, jakecase said:

Korn have announced several support acts for their summer tour (in Americs though...)

Any of these acts good for RnL at all?

Yelawolf could definitely be a possibility now considering his album Trial By Fire is due to come out anytime soon...

Are Skillet too big to headline The Pit/Lockdown? Stone Sour would be nice to see.

IMG_2058.JPG

raw

17 hours ago, OscarEB said:

Fml gonna have to get a day ticket now

Just for Arcane? Must be a big fan. Swear they tour often as well

15 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I'm just indifferent to them. They're alright. That's it for me. 

Really hoping for Gnarwolves to show up at R&L with the new album coming out. Now that's a bloody brilliant little band. Been a big fan of them since the CRU EP. 

Just go 2000trees man. Far better festival by a mile. I've been the past two years and it's been great. Hope I can afford it this year. Also Trees has The Wonder Years where as R&L does not ;) 

14 hours ago, jakecase said:

Are Skillet too big to headline The Pit/Lockdown? Stone Sour would be nice to see.

They can headline the Bin Stage

Just now, kingcrawler said:

Run the Jewels for NME headliner against Muse maybe?

Maybe. If Chano is 2nd/3rd down that day too I'm all over that.

Feels more likely they'd be Friday/Saturday underneath Two Door and then they don't have to stick around... and then Danny Brown could guest for Bumaye which would be cool.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

The highest on NME that will be announced now is a sub. I don't see any reason for them to do anything that different from last year and and so on. 

Who would you put as NME headliner vs. Muse out of everyone who has been announced then (can't see HAIM, Blossoms or Giggs doing it so)? I still think we have that announcement to come, but as others have said I don't see why RTJ wouldn't have just been announced in the last lineup release.

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Who would you put as NME headliner vs. Muse out of everyone who has been announced then (can't see HAIM, Blossoms or Giggs doing it so)? I still think we have that announcement to come, but as others have said I don't see why RTJ wouldn't have just been announced in the last lineup release.

Myself based on other announcements etc think the Muse day is going to come up really weak on the under card due to them having 3 strong headliners.....Eminem for one won't be cheap, and two strong subs in Bastille and ML. As it looks I'd have to say Giggs, if they didn't hold back Wireless headline acts subbing last year then they won't this year with what most would agree a stronger lineup.

I think there are expectations way above what is going to happen. Eminem for one is a day doesn't need to be any stronger than need be due to sales he produces, I thought his day was shite in 2013 too bar a couple of NME acts I was into more at the time.

29 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Bastille are quite big aren't they? Surely not that far off headlining or co headlining in a few years. 

I don't see that as making them a strong sub. Yes, they are quite big. But they aren't on the level that The Libertines, Florence, Paramore (the second time) or SOAD, who were genuinely super strong subs when they did it. 

I think Bastille are the right size to be a sub. They aren't weak and they aren't strong. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, VCK said:

They're no more weaker of a choice for a sub than Jake Bugg, Bring Me The Horizon (when they were announced) or Macklemore.

Indeed, bigger than all 3. 

And to compare The Libertines.....it was a massive reunion, it was a much bigger deal than the headliner that day, FATM and Paramore can't really be done as they charged much extra performance day at that point.

Reading are not going to pull in big arena sized subs across the board like they used to so when they have one, two including ML although their wasn't that massive they've done well. 

If I'm wrong I'll hold my hand up but that Muse sub if it's not announced already is not going to be big and if it was we would have it by now to sell tickets.

14 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Myself based on other announcements etc think the Muse day is going to come up really weak on the under card due to them having 3 strong headliners.....Eminem for one won't be cheap, and two strong subs in Bastille and ML. As it looks I'd have to say Giggs, if they didn't hold back Wireless headline acts subbing last year then they won't this year with what most would agree a stronger lineup.

Probably with a review of the ticket sales they identified not holding back the names negatively impacted wireless so are changing it this year

7 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Probably with a review of the ticket sales they identified not holding back the names negatively impacted wireless so are changing it this year

Boy Better Know were announced in December anyway. They quite possibly weren't even booked for Wireless when they were announced.

1 hour ago, Muppetmark said:

If they had a negative affect on Wireless it will have been the poor choice of headline options which was generally agreed on here that it was. The Wireless crowd generally will be much different so they don't really have to worry about people choosing between either.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

And to compare The Libertines.....it was a massive reunion, it was a much bigger deal than the headliner that day, FATM and Paramore can't really be done as they charged much extra performance day at that point.

Reading are not going to pull in big arena sized subs across the board like they used to so when they have one, two including ML although their wasn't that massive they've done well. 

If I'm wrong I'll hold my hand up but that Muse sub if it's not announced already is not going to be big and if it was we would have it by now to sell tickets.

Even if it's a small sub, it'll still be the second biggest act on that day, so surely we'd have it by now regardless to sell tickets?

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Paramore, Florence and The Black Keys were all very big names in 2012, that year had a strong top six.

I remember a few people surprised to see The Libertines subbing rather than outright headlining, same with Pulp and SOAD.