Is it ok to be bricking it about oct tickets already

Respectfatfrog

Glastonbury is now my 'main' festival, I decided to retire from Reading last year after going 16 times.

I always need two big festivals each summer and Glastobury and BoomTown now cater for me in that respect!

(I was working at Download so doesn't really count!)

Luckily I managed to get a ticket in the coach re-sale this year so made my 10 in a row, like Hugh Ass says, if I don't get one I won't be as bothered as I might have been 5-6 years ago....

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After an unsuccessful year for my own tickets in 2014, this year I'll be using two techniques. The first is via my 4G phone connection, using an app called 'Auto Refresh' which you can set to refresh at intervals of your choosing, and have it stop when the page contains a key word. I'll also be doing it the old fashioned way - one page, one browser, one finger, one F5.

I'm kind of OK if I don't get tickets next year I think. I'll still have EOTR, and if the ticket gods say no, then so be it.

(NB I reserve the right to be a howling, feral mess if I don't get tickets in October)

I'm kind of OK if I don't get tickets next year I think. I'll still have EOTR, and if the ticket gods say no, then so be it.

(NB I reserve the right to be a howling, feral mess if I don't get tickets in October)

I'm telling myself I'd be ok, so that I am mentally prepared for that epic fail.

But when it actually comes to not getting tickets I shall be no doubt snivel and have a fair like a thundercloud

You have a good one this year Mardy ?

I'm telling myself I'd be ok, so that I am mentally prepared for that epic fail.

But when it actually comes to not getting tickets I shall be no doubt snivel and have a fair like a thundercloud

You have a good one this year Mardy ?

That's exactly it.

Yeah, seemed very calm this year, and didn't really do enough mooching around, would have liked to spend more time away from the main stages, but overall, enjoyed it, as ever.

How was yours?

Edited by Mardy

After an unsuccessful year for my own tickets in 2014, this year I'll be using two techniques. The first is via my 4G phone connection, using an app called 'Auto Refresh' which you can set to refresh at intervals of your choosing, and have it stop when the page contains a key word. I'll also be doing it the old fashioned way - one page, one browser, one finger, one F5.

What keyword would that be?

After 3 years of missing out on tickets and not even getting a look at the booking page I upgraded my broadband speed. Got in straight away and tickets bought by 9:05.

Had other pages open too which also got through to the booking page.

I suspect this is what can let people down.

Got in during the resale too on my iPad.

Feeling really confident for this year.

Might be stupid but just got to believe I'm going to be there.

Charm x

Our gang is increasing for next year, so will be going for more tickets, but this means more people trying for the same group.

Last year, I came into work. Office WiFi designed for 200 users, and it was only me using it. Seemed to do the trick!

After 3 years of missing out on tickets and not even getting a look at the booking page I upgraded my broadband speed. Got in straight away and tickets bought by 9:05.

Had other pages open too which also got through to the booking page.

I suspect this is what can let people down.

Got in during the resale too on my iPad.

Feeling really confident for this year.

Might be stupid but just got to believe I'm going to be there.

Charm x

DITTO.

It was open proper early wasn't it? we were in there at something like just after 10ish on the Wednesday

Yeah, to be fair most places were. I got a comment from one of the bar tenders about starting early and I thought to myself, well don't open so early then maybe I won't be tempted to buy a pint! :P

This was my first year where I allowed myself to absolutely go for it in terms of drinking and I loved it - definitely adds a new spin on things.

I'll also be doing it the old fashioned way - one page, one browser, one finger, one F5.

This ^

It's all about grabbing a session when one becomes free....the more times you refresh the first page the more chance you have of grabbing a free session. Luck plays a big part but there is no question that someone who refreshes every 5 seconds is going to have more chance than someone who refreshes every 10 seconds.

Given this the quickest way to refresh is as Kali says...one finger...one browser etc. I have experimented with multiple pages refreshing in sequence and every time the one finger, one browser approach wins over.

Of course you can easily jeopardise your chances by not staying focused....once the link goes live keep to the plan until you either get a booking page, or it sells out. Don't waste valuable time grabbing a beer, having a crap or tweeting that 'seetickets are shit....' etc. Stay on it. Then when you get a ticket you'll be elated, and if you don't you at least know you couldn't have done more.

If you want increase your chances a little more then have second device that simply sits on the 'queue' page and refreshes itself every 20 seconds. You might get a sniff. Don't bother with multiple tabs as it's all the same session. Multiple browsers on the same machine will increase the chances as they will be separate sessions, as would multiple machines.....but have all this running as a backup to your one finger, one page, one browser primary approach.

Yeah, to be fair most places were. I got a comment from one of the bar tenders about starting early and I thought to myself, well don't open so early then maybe I won't be tempted to buy a pint! :P

This was my first year where I allowed myself to absolutely go for it in terms of drinking and I loved it - definitely adds a new spin on things.

I always get a 10am Bloody Mary from the stall at the top of The Park. Best way to start the day.

I'm like this. It's easy to say now, but as the excitement ramps up on here, not sure I'd be that ok.

Exactly.  I had decided not to go, but come ticket day I was helping out folk on here and stuck my name down for a deposit.  When my payment timed out, there was only one word for it - despondent.

First time I ever failed.  Also didn't get a sniff in the resale.  Not that I was going, just couldn't help it!.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

I've landed myself a job working out in Thailand. The internet is shite there, gunna need some help.

Where will you be? I've generally found True Wifi to be pretty reliable tbh....the missus streamed Corrie from ITVPlayer on the beach in Samui last year some 50 metres from our villa.

This ^

It's all about grabbing a session when one becomes free....the more times you refresh the first page the more chance you have of grabbing a free session. Luck plays a big part but there is no question that someone who refreshes every 5 seconds is going to have more chance than someone who refreshes every 10 seconds.

Given this the quickest way to refresh is as Kali says...one finger...one browser etc. I have experimented with multiple pages refreshing in sequence and every time the one finger, one browser approach wins over.

Of course you can easily jeopardise your chances by not staying focused....once the link goes live keep to the plan until you either get a booking page, or it sells out. Don't waste valuable time grabbing a beer, having a crap or tweeting that 'seetickets are shit....' etc. Stay on it. Then when you get a ticket you'll be elated, and if you don't you at least know you couldn't have done more.

If you want increase your chances a little more then have second device that simply sits on the 'queue' page and refreshes itself every 20 seconds. You might get a sniff. Don't bother with multiple tabs as it's all the same session. Multiple browsers on the same machine will increase the chances as they will be separate sessions, as would multiple machines.....but have all this running as a backup to your one finger, one page, one browser primary approach.

I would definitely recommend the 3g/4g device auto-refreshing, most people I know who have got through the last couple of years have done it on a mobile

There are three periods in the year:

- worrying about getting tickets

- worrying about getting a good camping spot

- GLASTONBERRY

Repeat ad nauseam.

This will (hopefully) be our first year going. We're well into stage one already...