2016 Other Stage headliners

Rose-Colored Boy

20 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

If what Neil says is right, and they are going to get a good chunk of money off Lovebox, why not play Glastonbury too? 

because the money Lovebox might be offering might be based on them not doing other shows.

Ultimately, the tighter Lovebox might be able to tie them down the less chance there is of Lovebox losing money - and that sort of thing is of big importance to a promoter, don't forget.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I would take that bet, i can't see that being the trio personally 

LCD Soundsystem could play Bestival and Glastonbury, that's not completely ludicrous to suggest, they won't be at latitude, that's probably certain, no facts behind it, just doesn't make any sense. If what Neil says is right, and they are going to get a good chunk of money off Lovebox, why not play Glastonbury too? 

I don't see why they wouldn't be suitable for Latitude? 

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

I don't think LCD Soundsystem are gonna headline the other, the fact they're headlining Coachella strengthens that idea i reckon. I would absolutely love them to do it but they're a lot more likely to go around the UK headlining smaller festivals that would pay them more than player a smaller slot at Glastonbury. They'll headline Bestival, Latitude and such, just like Outkast did in 2014 on their reunion tour.

Headliners'll be Sigur Ros, Disclosure and New Order I bet.

Phoenix headlined Coachella one year and headlined the JP tent at Glastonbury that same year, so that kind of stuff really doesn't matter all that much. LCD are clearly a bigger deal in America than they are in the UK, so them having second stage billing definitely wouldn't be an issue

14 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I don't see why they wouldn't be suitable for Latitude? 

Not that they wouldn't be suitable, just under the circumstances, first shows back in the uk etc, I just don't see them at latitude, they've have to fork out a fair wad for them, so latitude do that? 

I'm not basing it on anything other than personal opinion btw

14 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

Underworld can't headline OS?

not these days, no. been discussed before, but it'd be a tiny crowd, most of which would be waiting for Born Slippy and not much else. much better suited to West Holts or John Peel imo, where they'd draw a better crowd of people who are actually fans

4 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Honestly never heard of Bring Me the Horizon before you lot saying about them on here.

they're never gonna be a household name, but in the metal/heavy music scene they're a pretty huge name (if not widely maligned one). i struggle to think of many other heavy acts who could realistically right now take a high position at Glastonbury

Probably way off the mark and I'll admit to not reading the rest of the thread (I need a good 8 months' break from the insane rumour mill frenzy this place becomes in the run up!) BUT: would Sigur Ros, Nine Inch Nails, LCD Soundsystem be too far-fetched as the Other stage headliners? Would to my mind be the strongest line up on the stage in a few years.

I reserve the right to change my mind tomorrow and there is likely stuff or info I've not considered but if any of them play I'd be happy. Also as with any Other Stage headliner, Pyramid sub is an option - take that as a given in this post.

Good to be back! (I think) Hope they don't keep us waiting too long for a detail or two - even if only the legend.

That would be a ridiculously good trio but it won't happen, sadly. Nine Inch Nails seem more likely for next year as I doubt they'll have started touring by early summer. The other two are definitely possible though and I'd be delighted if both ended up playing but I imagine we'll only get one of them.

13 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

Probably way off the mark and I'll admit to not reading the rest of the thread (I need a good 8 months' break from the insane rumour mill frenzy this place becomes in the run up!) BUT: would Sigur Ros, Nine Inch Nails, LCD Soundsystem be too far-fetched as the Other stage headliners? Would to my mind be the strongest line up on the stage in a few years.

I reserve the right to change my mind tomorrow and there is likely stuff or info I've not considered but if any of them play I'd be happy. Also as with any Other Stage headliner, Pyramid sub is an option - take that as a given in this post.

Good to be back! (I think) Hope they don't keep us waiting too long for a detail or two - even if only the legend.

i think if Nine Inch Nails does happen then it'll be 2017 and not this year (fingers crossed). LCD Soundsystem seem like the most likely of the bunch, and i guess we're just waiting to see if Sigur Ros announce another festival/show in the lead up to the Glasto announcement. LCD and Sigur Ros in one year would be enough for me that the rest of the lineup could be absolute dogshit 

Edited by FloorFiller

BMTH have mentioned the possibility of doing Glasto in interviews with both NME and Kerrang!, if that helps anything.

Also, Neck Deep played in Glasgow supporting BMTH the day after a headline show in LA. I think they're still 'on' 

Edited by dip

52 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i think if Nine Inch Nails does happen then it'll be 2017 and not this year (fingers crossed). LCD Soundsystem seem like the most likely of the bunch, and i guess we're just waiting to see if Sigur Ros announce another festival/show in the lead up to the Glasto announcement. LCD and Sigur Ros in one year would be enough for me that the rest of the lineup could be absolute dogshit 

Any suggestions on entry level Sigur Ros for a newbie?

6 minutes ago, VisionOfLove said:

Ágætis byrjun is widely regarded as their best album, so i'd start with that

as for songs, this is from their album Takk... and is probably their biggest commercially (you may remember it being used in a shit load of adverts back in the day)

9 hours ago, VisionOfLove said:

They do a good book in waterstones called entry level Icelandic for beginners, master that, then try some acid, just a little, and you might be on Sigur Ros wave-length