2016 Other Stage headliners

Rose-Colored Boy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 21/12/2015 at 11:12 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

Yep.  And sunset can be quite spectacular.  Once, there was an incredible red sunset, it was like being bathed under a red light.  Does anyone remember this?  I think it was at the start or end of Moby's set in 2000.

According to the lineup on Wikipedia, I  saw NIN or Chemical Brothers that night and potentially Leftfield the night after.  I have no memory of this, but I do remember apologising on the way back to the tent for absynth induced drunkenness on one of those nights.  That might explain a thing of two.  The red sunset though, that happened... didn't it?

Sorry to dredge a post from the past, but I recall Gomez' sub slot there in '99 was exactly like that, when one of the band just stopped to take a moment and take in it's beauty was pretty much the moment I fell in love with Glastonbury.  

1 hour ago, Spindles said:

Sorry to dredge a post from the past, but I recall Gomez' sub slot there in '99 was exactly like that, when one of the band just stopped to take a moment and take in it's beauty was pretty much the moment I fell in love with Glastonbury.  

I remember walking to the Theatre & Circus feilds this year to try out the whiskey bar on Wednesday and the sunset then was incredible, you can't beat a good sunset at the big G.

59 minutes ago, theDandy said:

Any reason why Foals aren't being rumoured? Have I missed something?

They are probably a hair short of headlining the pyramid, and they'd be one of the biggest subs ever, maybe? I don't see them doing anything other than taking the step up to headlining R&L. They are a band I extremely enjoy, I've followed them since the Antidotes days and I'd love one day to see them headline the pyramid, their live show is such an occasion now, I have absolutely no doubt they'd smash it 

Edited by Mezhyp1

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

They are probably a hair short of headlining the pyramid, and they'd be one of the biggest subs ever, maybe? I don't see them doing anything other than taking the step up to headlining R&L. They are a band I extremely enjoy, I've followed them since the Antidotes days and I'd love one day to see them headline the pyramid, their live show is such an occasion now, I have absolutely no doubt they'd smash it 

I swear someone on here said they spoke to Jack? or Edwin? from Foals after a gig and they said they were doing Glastonbury. Obviously just the one guy saying this doesn't mean much as many are thinking they'll headline R/L which seems more likely. Could they be the Other opening act? (if they do that this year). Would be a great way to start the festival. 

Just now, AdamWillingham said:

I swear someone on here said they spoke to Jack? or Edwin? from Foals after a gig and they said they were doing Glastonbury. Obviously just the one guy saying this doesn't mean much as many are thinking they'll headline R/L which seems more likely. Could they be the Other opening act? (if they do that this year). Would be a great way to start the festival. 

They'd be so wasted as the other stage opening act, not that that'll happen anyway, Beady Eye - Kaisers - Charlatans, if hardly screams an up and coming festival headliner 

Hopefully they are doing Glastonbury, preferably headlining, but that seems very unlikely for this year, so I don't think they'll be there

1 minute ago, AdamWillingham said:

yeah something was definitely said regarding them playing Glastonbury, but who knows if it's actually true. they seem far too big to be an Other opener, so maybe just a secret set somewhere. what with them seeming nailed on t headline Reading/Leeds i can't see them being in a billed slot 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

yeah something was definitely said regarding them playing Glastonbury, but who knows if it's actually true. they seem far too big to be an Other opener, so maybe just a secret set somewhere. what with them seeming nailed on t headline Reading/Leeds i can't see them being in a billed slot 

I guess the chances of them subbing Pyramid and headlining R/L are very minimal? 

Saw them in Bristol a few months back and they were spectacular. 

What about a secret Williams Green set - ala Bastille this year?

3 minutes ago, AdamWillingham said:

something like that is the only way i can see them playing really (although good luck getting in that tent!). they're a pretty weak headliner at Reading to begin with without having already played in a lower slot at Glastonbury earlier in the year

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

something like that is the only way i can see them playing really (although good luck getting in that tent!). they're a pretty weak headliner at Reading to begin with without having already played in a lower slot at Glastonbury earlier in the year

Well I will keep my fingers crossed for them showing up somewhere. Not looking likely though. 

5 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Wasn't it rumoured that they were approached for the slot that the Libs filled last year and they turned it down?

I think it was confirmed that that happened, can't really blame them for that, especially if they have aspirations to headline 

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I think it was confirmed that that happened, can't really blame them for that, especially if they have aspirations to headline 

yeah and with them not wanting to play new material before it was released as well, it wouldn't have made much sense for them to play that slot, basically repeating what they did on the Other in 2013. guess we'll be on the lookout for anything that could be a secret set nearer the time

52 minutes ago, AdamWillingham said:

If that were to happen then, given how universally the Thursday slots seem to be leaked and word gets around (I knew all three from last year before they happened), it would be absolute carnage on the Green!

Ben

44 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Someone said on the Twisto  (I think) Facebook page that they'd spoken to one of the members after a gig and told them he hopes they're playing Glasto, and the band member replied saying they were.

I think that's how it went, anyway.

It was Yannis on the tube. Was before last years fest though.

1 minute ago, MattDavies__ said:

It was Yannis on the tube. Was before last years fest though.

that was something different when somebody asked if they were taking the Pyramid sub slot and he said no. somebody allegedly spoke to one of them more recently about this years festival and he apparently said they were playing

8 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

If that were to happen then, given how universally the Thursday slots seem to be leaked and word gets around (I knew all three from last year before they happened), it would be absolute carnage on the Green!

Ben

I can't see them letting it happen really, it was absolute carnage in there this year when Wolf Alice were on, I went to see what the fuss was about after hearing their album and you couldn't get anywhere near the tent, I think it's fair to say Foals won't be playing in WG